Kirk Cousins

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills didn't have to give Tyrod that contract, they had all the leverage. Last year Taylor still left a lot of questions unanswered. It seemed to me that the Bills did him a solid with that contract by paying him more than they were contractually obligated to pay him (his salary was peanuts by starting QB standards). That's why an end of year parameter was added in my opinion. The Bills were likely hoping Tyrod would sink or swim. Unfortunately, he just floated along doing neither.

To the people saying that players won't want to come here because of the Taylor contract, I see it the opposite way.

If our defense improves a lot, it might be the bills.

Defense doesn't have to improve at all, Cousins makes the Bills a way better team than a Redskins team with Tyrod. Not only that but Cousins also makes next years Bills better than this years Bills.

Defense doesn't have to improve at all, Cousins makes the Bills a way better team than a Redskins team with Tyrod. Not only that but Cousins also makes next years Bills better than this years Bills.

Really? Please explain

I am not a huge TT fan but I recognize he's got unique skills that we'll miss if he's gone. He still doesn't throw receivers open, but our receivers aren't generally guys you can count on getting open in the first place. At least this year that was the case, when everyone was hurt and we were down to fifth or sixth string players. Cousins couldn't complete passes to covered receivers, either, but he would try more often, and create picks, which would be disastrous with our lousy defense.

Personally I would sign Cousins if he could play safety. Otherwise, we're better off with TT at QB and the extra cash that Cousins would demand could be used to patch holes elsewhere.

No, I can't. You think the defense is fine the way it is? A QB fixes a lot of problems but not a bad defense

Yes cousins fixes the Ravens game, first Miami game, and doesn't poop on himself vs Pitt and Oakland.

Tyrod kinda stinks fwiw.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I must be missing something on Kirk Cousins. I'm a big fan, I think he's a very good QB and I can't understand why the Skins haven't signed him yet. I'm starting to think he might hit the open market from what I've read. Does anyone think there's a real chance he hits the market and we sign him? I think Kirk could lead us to the playoffs.

If available, I'd sign him in a minute, but he won't hit the market. The only reason he's not locked in with the Skins is because he wants more guaranteed money than they're offering and he's willing to take the risk of going year to year.