PFF: Bills Should Build Around Tyrod

@PFF

The Bills should build around Tyrod Taylor—not show him the door http://pffoc.us/2i4gvcj

C1QAsMmWIAACfLK.jpg

Sam Monson: "He's able to play under pressure" (11:42)

Pro Football Focus' Sam Monson called into the John Murphy Show to discuss his article on why the Bills should build around Tyrod Taylor. He broke down his analysis of Taylor and why he thinks the numbers support keeping him around.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gonna post this one yesterday but someone threw it in another TT thread. I thought it raised some interesting points about how he has the ability to come from behind, citing of course the Miami game, but didn't point out that he has failed to do so many more times in his two years here. I do believe in his abilities though, and think he is our best shot for short-mid term success, but also worry that he can endup a Culter-esque tease, giving usjust enough reason for hope but never following through all the way.

Was gonna post this one yesterday but someone threw it in another TT thread. I thought it raised some interesting points about how he has the ability to come from behind, citing of course the Miami game, but didn't point out that he has failed to do so many more times in his two years here. I do believe in his abilities though, and think he is our best shot for short-mid term success, but also worry that he can endup a Culter-esque tease, giving usjust enough reason for hope but never following through all the way.

Ironically, if they move on from Tyrod, Cutler is probably the best FA option...

Ironically, if they move on from Tyrod, Cutler is probably the best FA option...

The dumb thing to do would be bringing in a failed FA QB.

I have said this all year with the same dirtbags shutting it down. I doubt the Bills know how to do this anyway.

Unless a clear upgrade path presents itself, I agree that Tyrod should be the guy going forward for a while.

Sounds like the draft this year is weak, so go into next year with Tyrod and Cardale, continue to work on Cardale see what he becomes, and look at QB again next year.

Unless a clear upgrade path presents itself, I agree that Tyrod should be the guy going forward for a while.

Sounds like the draft this year is weak, so go into next year with Tyrod and Cardale, continue to work on Cardale see what he becomes, and look at QB again next year.

I don't have a problem with this approach at all. Our offense isn't why we lost most games... Sure it needs to improve specifically in the passing game. But no need to overhaul what isn't broke.

However, I would still draft a QB ...this year and every year... Until all doubts are lifted, not only about Tyrod but also the #2. If you wait till your current QB sucks so bad you need the #1 overall pick, you're a piss poor franchise waiting to collapse.

That was a good read. Thanks for posting 26. And thanks to @Horned Dogs I think he posted it too but I didnt have time so i bookmarked it for today.

@PFF

The Bills should build around Tyrod Taylor—not show him the door http://pffoc.us/2i4gvcj

Right. Im on board with this. Bring back Tyrod keep Lynn at OC and keep the offensive continuity while upgrading the defense and drafting QBs. Defense is why we didnt make the playoffs. I cant believe people are blaming Tyrod for not putting up 40 points a game when he gets us to at least 20-30 points and we still lose. At what point do you hold the defense accountable and stop blaming the QB?

I don't have a problem with this approach at all. Our offense isn't why we lost most games... Sure it needs to improve specifically in the passing game. But no need to overhaul what isn't broke.

However, I would still draft a QB ...this year and every year... Until all doubts are lifted, not only about Tyrod but also the #2. If you wait till your current QB sucks so bad you need the #1 overall pick, you're a piss poor franchise waiting to collapse.

Agree. IDK what the hell these people are smoking. Tyrod > Cutler for the Bills offensive roster/fit/scheme/strategy all day.

The dumb thing to do would be bringing in a failed FA QB.
I have said this all year with the same dirtbags shutting it down. I doubt the Bills know how to do this anyway.

That was a good read. Thanks for posting 26. And thanks to @Horned Dogs I think he posted it too but I didnt have time so i bookmarked it for today.

Right. Im on board with this. Bring back Tyrod keep Lynn at OC and keep the offensive continuity while upgrading the defense and drafting QBs. Defense is why we didnt make the playoffs. I cant believe people are blaming Tyrod for not putting up 40 points a game when he gets us to at least 20-30 points and we still lose. At what point do you hold the defense accountable and stop blaming the QB?

Agree. IDK what the hell these people are smoking. Tyrod > Cutler for the Bills offensive roster/fit/scheme/strategy all day.

100% on board.

I agree with most of the content.. their conclusion about keeping TT.

Using the Miami game as evidence he is a reliable 4th qtr comeback QB is cherry picking

They could use the Jacksonville game too. This is one of the few areas Tyrod progressed in this year. He used to not be able to do that. Now theres 2 games this season he brought us back. Not a huge leap but still progressing

I agree with most of the content.. their conclusion about keeping TT.

Using the Miami game as evidence he is a reliable 4th qtr comeback QB is cherry picking

Particularly when the offense didn't finish the job vs. Miami. Put it in the end zone in OT and the game is over.

TT played well overall, but using a game they lost as an example of his comeback abilities is pretty funny.