Sammy Surgery this week

Reed83HOF

But... "Dr. James Andrews" declared that Sammy did not need more surgery!

Good on him to be proactive about it. No objections for me, get whatever is needed done, heal up, be ready for the new season.

Where have we read this before...

They said the same thing about Julio Jones in Atlanta I'm sure too after his first 3 seasons...haven't heard a peep about that recently have you?

Jones: 174 catches, 2,737 yards, 20 TDs --- Matt Ryan attempting 1,832 passes over those 3 years

Watkins: 153 catches, 2,459 yards, 17 TDs --- Tyrod Taylor and an assortment of other Bills QBs attempting 1,487 passes over those 3 years

If we adjust Watkins stats simply for passes attempted, putting them on an even playing field(ie, the Bills throw the ball 350 more times), Watkins stats look like this:

Watkins: 188 catches, 3,029 yards, 21 TDs

Same foot injury, both needing 2 foot surgeries to come back from it...I'd say Watkins has put up FAR better numbers in his 3 years considering who he has had throwing him the ball and the lack of attempts...

I think you might want to save that tired, wrong narrative for about 3 more years...Watkins is a stud when healthy, and hopefully this foot issue will be resolved just like Jones' was by a second surgery.

Edelman had two surgeries as well. Last one in spring '16. He seemed to bounce back fine.