GM Doug Whaley's end of season press conference

Rico

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems silly, but why would he say it if it wasn't true? Why pretend he as GM wasn't involved?

To distance himself from the mistake. If he advised the fire, he probably advised the hire. Blame the owners and come out scot free.

I don't think he's pretending that, do you? Dodging, sure. He said Rex asked to talk to the Pegulas in private when the decision was made. He didn't say he had no input, just that he wasn't privy to the specifics of the conversation between Pegs and Rex. (unless I heard it wrong)

(nevermind... I'm behind in the conference...)

He just said flat out no. LIES!

He said he had nothing to do with it. And why would he, according to the structure Rex reported directly to Pegula. Pegula would have to do the firing.

You really believe that he was not throwing Rex under the bus before the decision was made?

He is just saying that "he was not privy to that conversation" - that does not answer the question about his involvement.

He is parsing words in the tradition of Bill Clinton.

Update:

He just said he did not have input. I do not believe that at all.

You really believe that he was not throwing Rex under the bus before the decision was made?

He is just saying that "he was not privy to that conversation" - that does not answer the question about his involvement.

He is parsing words in the tradition of Bill Clinton.

Update:

He just said he did not have input. I do not believe that at all.

Of course you don't, why would you?

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley claims he doesn't know why Rex Ryan got fired when he did. He did not have input on whether Rex should be fired.

Only the Bills could pull off such a stupid press conference after weeks of media pressure. This is freaking hilarious (and sad). They had days to prepare, and this! Edited by Coach Tuesday

To distance himself from the mistake. If he advised the fire, he probably advised the hire. Blame the owners and come out scot free.

!

Throwing the owners under the bus seems like a poor survival strategy.