What We Learned

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. The Jets seemed to play hard for their coach who many have said may be on the hot seat. I think it would be a mistake to hire Lynn. I also think many of us have underestimated Tyrod's game and ball security. I know that it doesn't always look pretty but it's effective, we score a lot of points with him at QB.

And what do you call the defense stopping the Jets twice on 4th and 1 when they could have just rolled over?

The offense was a disaster and NO game plan with EJ Manuel playing the way he did was going to win this game short of the defense playing like the 2000 Ravens and winning the game themselves...

Edited by matter2003

We learned that:

1. EJ Manual will never play in the NFL again.

2. Because of #1, this is a poor way to evaluate Lynn.

3. Special Teams and Defense are chronically poorly prepared.

4. Darby's regression continues

5. Lots of players from Club Rex were going through the motions

cardale played better than a four yr veteran

That's what I saw. Remember, EJ got the first team snaps in practice. He also got the starters playing for him early in the game. I wasn't impressed by Cardale, but I was still quite relieved to be done watching EJ. That was painful.

Sure we can. It will take more than a week to purge this team from Rex's lack of discipline

The next coach is in for a rough training camp and early regular season

OK, fine.

I meant it like this: When you put two idiots in a paper bag, you got two idiots in a paper bag. If one idiot falls out of the bag, you're still holding a bag with an idiot.

There isn't anything to be learned from a game where nothing was at stake, you just fired the coach a week before and half he team was already on the golf course. And doubly because we started a tire-fire at QB

yeah, forget today. the season ended last week when Rex couldn't even ice the kicker effectively. everything after that is meaningless. totally meaningless. let it all go. lets go get a coaching staff and prep for the draft. looks like a competitive roster but as long as the GOAT and Belichick are in NE, playoffs will required 11 wins.... not sure how this team gets there... we shall see

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

Here is the biggest thing we learned. The players do not want Lynn as the HC, they would have put up an all out effort if they had wanted him to get the job.

i guess maybe,,, but ownership sticking Lynn with EJ and getting 8 in the box against solid Jets D as a result is like tying an arm and a leg behind his back and telling the team we are not interested in winning this game... right? . who knows.

top guys won't want this HC job with 4 or 5 other more attractive jobs (with better QBs) to be available. not sure we don't go with Lynn for low $$ , go get a good DC and go from there. that's my bounce on this.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

1. EJ Manuel, though a try-hard guy, is not a competent NFL backup QB.

2. Cardale Jones is NOWHERE near ready to play QB in the NFL and offseason "study" is not going to make him ready.

3. Tyrod Taylor carried this offense all season, but he really isn't likely to be the long-term answer either.

4. Anthony Lynn presided over the ugliest game played by a Bills team in several years and he should be removed from consideration as a coaching candidate. That was abysmal - totally unprepared and no signs of anything different than under Rex (maybe worse).

5. There are a TON of problems on defense. With what looks like a very weak QB draft class, I could justify spending all picks on defense.

1. Yes, he needs to be let go. He'll probably join a camp next year, get cut and never be heard from again.

2. Cardale Jones is the exact kind of guy you want as a 3rd QB on the roster. He's a long term project, nothing more.

3. IMO, he's the best we're likely to get

4. Give me a break. Take him or leave him, I don't really care, but NOTHING can be judged on this game. And if the Bills had come out and looked like a Super Bowl team, i would be saying the exact same thing. NO long term decisions should be made by just this game.

5. Rex is gone, that will be a big difference next year. Safety needs some serious help (like 1st round pick/high priced FA help), but outside of that I still think the defense will do well under a new coach.

Yes - the problems on defense are mostly coaching. They need specific things - 1 or 2 safeties, other than that the D talent is fine. Gilmore can be let go if they switch back to a scheme that isn't so absurdly demanding of the CBs which Rex's scheme is. Spend that money on Tyrod for now, draft a stud OT, WR with size and skill, and a Safety and they are fine with decent coaching.

I am not sure that the DL is in good shape. Hughes didn't play well this year, Kyle Williams may retire out of frustration and Marcel Dareus is, at best, untrustworthy.

I am not sure that the DL is in good shape. Hughes didn't play well this year, Kyle Williams may retire out of frustration and Marcel Dareus is, at best, untrustworthy.

And yet last time they played in a 4-3 each one had over 10 sacks

And the run defense was actually very good.

This is what happens when you dont play a scheme that isngood for your talent.

But hey Marcel is a top gap player wait no he isnt.

Same this happened in MIA after signing Suh they tried to make him a two gapper.

Play a scheme designed to maximize your talent. Happened on Offense (granted Rex fired that guy)

Edited by MAJBobby

yeah, forget today. the season ended last week when Rex couldn't even ice the kicker effectively. everything after that is meaningless. totally meaningless. let it all go. lets go get a coaching staff and prep for the draft. looks like a competitive roster but as long as the GOAT and Belichick are in NE, playoffs will required 11 wins.... not sure how this team gets there... we shall see

Agreed