Bill O'Brien for Head Coach?

Virgil

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has control over the 53 so I'd guess he had a lot to do with decisions on the QB position.

Never been a fan of his going back to his PSU days. But he's done a decent job.

he was great at PSU, especially with all the sanctions. He has struggled at Houston but his QBs have not been good.

he was great at PSU, especially with all the sanctions. He has struggled at Houston but his QBs have not been good.

The guy has not struggled at Houston. Look at his record and he has done that without a QB that is worth a crap.

Bill O'Brien is reported as having rifts with the management in Houston and could be fired with an early playoff loss. I personally think he has overachieved with very suspect qb play. I would take him over any of the other HC candidates right now.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

Not really a big O'Brien fan, the Texans are a pretender and their playoff appearances are more of a product of their weak division (although they are poised for a victory against a 3rd string QB). If they did part ways it could be weeks before any team could interview him, and I don't think he's a coach worth waiting on.

I honestly never understood why he would leave a gig like Penn State. I am not a Penn State fan, but people there treated his family and him so well (especially given his one son's health issues) and considered him a hero for taking the job.

He may live to regret leaving such a great job.

Bill O'Brien is reported as having riffs with the management in Houston and could be fired with an early playoff loss. I personally think he has overachieved with very suspect qb play. I would take him over any of the other HC candidates right now.

1) Don't think he's a good HC......not overachieved......just in a bad division.

2) He's proven to come apart at the seams when he plays Belichick.

3) That buckeye on his chin looks like it's always about to drop a deuce.

I honestly never understood why he would leave a gig like Penn State. I am not a Penn State fan, but people there treated his family and him so well (especially given his one son's health issues) and considered him a hero for taking the job.

He may live to regret leaving such a great job.

he hated the boosters. Following Paterno was very difficult. There are stories out there. Edited by YoloinOhio

he hated the boosters. Following Paterno was very difficult. There are stories out there.

Interesting. I did not know that. I was under the impression that people were so grateful that he took the job.

he hated the boosters. Following Paterno was very difficult. There are stories out there.

This.

He hated the college game. He hated dealing with boosters, recruiting, and all the rah-rah stuff a college coach needs to do. He just wanted to coach football. I'd be very surprised to see him go the college route again.

He is Marrone's best friend so I'm going to bet he's not coming to Bflo

If that's true, I think he is a jerk.

I really think Marrone is a bad human.

Not a big fan of personally attacking people I don't know, but, feel I have heard enough to feel this way.

Sorry for not being sorry.