HOUSE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then What??

Think about it..... :flirt:

Then he had a very good preseason game against a dispirited NYJ team that has an amazing number of injuries and is largely fielding 2nd string players by now?

Then the alarm goes off and I wake up.

That too

I think it's possible the Bills will offer EJM a backup-money type contract (depending upon how close they feel Cardale is), and he will turn it down to take a backup-money contract somewhere else where he has a clean slate and more chance to start.

I was watching the Panthers game (his second of the 14 starts) in New York at a sports bar with friends and I remember putting my hands on my head in jovial disbelief saying out loud, "we finally have our guy! We finally have our guy!" He never looked that good ever again. You talk about one bad game like it was an anomaly. The following week against the Jets he looked worse than Taylor ever has. How about the Bucs game that season? In more than half his games as a pro, he has looked A1 atrocious- again, worse than Taylor has ever looked in 29 starts. All that being said, I liked the pick at the time and don't hold it against Whaley. They had to take a QB that year and there wasn't a better option available. Not to mention he squeezed another pick out of it (Alonso -> McCoy) so the Rams could draft Tavon Austin. And to your point, yes, he seems like a very nice young man and I agree he has had a great attitude about the whole thing.

Do you remember watching Kyle Orton in that Nate Hackett offense? It was garbage. We got to 9 wins almost purely on defense that year.

Anyways... I bet the Eejgster looks good today.

Do you remember watching Kyle Orton in that Nate Hackett offense? It was garbage. We got to 9 wins almost purely on defense that year.

Anyways... I bet the Eejgster looks good today.

Kyle Orton orchestrated an average passing game with one of the worst run games in the NFL. EJ was a worse passer when we had the #2 rushing attack in the NFL. No, dude.

I dont know what a BF4E is,i just think its early to give up on a player with 14 starts.

Maybe my math is off, but after his 2 starts last year I'm pretty sure he's started 16 games and the Bills have an overall record of 6-10 when he starts.

10 starts in 2013

4 starts in 2014

2 starts in 2015

Maybe my math is off, but after his 2 starts last year I'm pretty sure he's started 16 games and the Bills have an overall record of 6-10 when he starts.

10 starts in 2013

4 starts in 2014

2 starts in 2015

And 1 start this year and out the door.

Kyle Orton orchestrated an average passing game with one of the worst run games in the NFL. EJ was a worse passer when we had the #2 rushing attack in the NFL. No, dude.

Orton was a 10 year vet. Comparing him to a guy in his first year. EJ was just learning to read an NFL defense. Orton was like watching grass grow then quit on the team. At least EJ had a big arm and took shots downfield.

Then theres what Watkins said about EJ hittin ya in the back of the helmet if you arent paying attention, the other day.

Im interested to see if EJ has made the slightest progress in accuracy and ability to read a defense. Even if its a glorified preseason game. I think Whaley is too, i think thats why he is getting the start, not as an audition for the job next year.

10 starts in 2013

4 starts in 2014

2 starts in 2015

Wait, 2015? Isnt that when he only played the first play of the game in one of those? Cos that was a weird descision.

Orton was a 10 year vet. Comparing him to a guy in his first year. EJ was just learning to read an NFL defense. Orton was like watching grass grow then quit on the team. At least EJ had a big arm and took shots downfield.

Then theres what Watkins said about EJ hittin ya in the back of the helmet if you arent paying attention, the other day.

Im interested to see if EJ has made the slightest progress in accuracy and ability to read a defense. Even if its a glorified preseason game. I think Whaley is too, i think thats why he is getting the start, not as an audition for the job next year.

Wait, 2015? Isnt that when he only played the first play of the game in one of those? Cos that was a weird descision.

No, Tyrod got horsecollared and injured, and EJ started full games against the Bengals and Jaguars

He then leaves via UFA.

Not hard here people

Then you have more confidence in Whaleys desperation not to look alike a !@#$up for drafting EJ in the first place. Many of us do not share that confidence. Oh right it wasnt his pick along with Rex.. Edited by jms62

EJ's shots downfield usually landed OOB.

You brought up Orton and how he looked in Hackett's O. Fact of the matter is he looked a hell of a lot better than "big arm" EJ.

You brought up Orton and how he looked in Hackett's O. Fact of the matter is he looked a hell of a lot better than "big arm" EJ.

Which would be a shot in EJ drinking game for an overthrow out of bounds

Just admit it already FC, you :wub: EeeeeeJ.

Welcome back.

Then you have more confidence in Whaleys desperation not to look alike a !@#$up for drafting EJ in the first place. Many of us do not share that confidence. Oh right it wasnt his pick along with Rex..

Love how EJ gets tied to Whaley

TT doesnt

But hey hate on

EJ was a Nix guy then.

sorry cant have it both ways to paint your agenda

Why was EJ a Nix guy? Lots of folks have intimated Whaley had total control following 2012.

What's my agenda?

Just admit it already FC, you :wub: EeeeeeJ.

Welcome back.

I just can't quit him. Good to see ya. Edited by FireChan

would you think of keeping him?

if the answer is no then why bother playing him ?

Simply because he's the next QB up. I do have doubts that he plays the whole game though. At some point I'm pretty sure we'll get a look at Jones.

I dont care if he throws for 1000 yards and 10 tds. Its the Jets and he still sucks. Good luck EJ. Heres a ten dollar watch from Wal-Mart. Have a nice career.

really? That would be an amazing feat and you wouldn't care?

EJ was a Nix guy then.

sorry cant have it both ways to paint your agenda

Question. It was well known before that draft that Whaley was taking over. Your telling me that Nix makes that pick even if Whaley hates it. Says "look gramps, youve had a heck of a run but EJ really, really, really sucks. Please dont stick me with that loser." That Nix still makes that pick?

Question. It was well known before that draft that Whaley was taking over. Your telling me that Nix makes that pick even if Whaley hates it. Says "look gramps, youve had a heck of a run but EJ really, really, really sucks. Please dont stick me with that loser." That Nix still makes that pick?

It was well known Nix wasnt leaving without getting a QB. Ever think the trade down was maybe Whaley trying to minimize it.

Doesnt really matter want to blame him for EJ have to credit him for Tyrod it really is that simple.

Everything else is narrative

Edited by MAJBobby

10 starts in 2013

4 starts in 2014

2 starts in 2015

That is irratic and hardly a way to develop a QB. A great way to destroy his confidence though.

It was well known Nix wasnt leaving without getting a QB. Ever think the trade down was maybe Whaley trying to minimize it.

Doesnt really matter want to blame him for EJ have to credit him for Tyrod it really is that simple.

Everything else is narrative

So Whaley let Nix pick the 1st player in 2013, then took over the rest of the draft, and Nix rode off into the sunset?

Sounds believable. What GM wouldn't let a retiree use a first round pick on the most important position in football when it's going to define his career?

Edited by FireChan

Tyrod and EJ both suck.

I've been back a few days and I already find you more grating than 99% of the folks on this board.

They both are not good enough in my opinion and i dont need to see more time from either to make that opinion