Bart Scott rips Dareus for comments about Rex defense

YoloinOhio

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/31/bart-scott-rips-marcell-dareus-for-not-learning-rex-ryans-defense/

"Instead of reading his playbook, he was too busy lighting up," Scott said. "Are you serous? First of all, Ive been in this system my entire career. Eleven years, Ive been in this system. As a defensive lineman, you only have like four [or five] fronts. Man, if you cant remember five fronts, I dont know what to tell you, bro. We cant put the playbook in crayon".

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Bart Scott's catchy quote misses the main point/problem with Rex's scheme.

1- Darius isnt the only guy complaining about the complexity

2- More than the complexity its the constant late adjustments being made - signalling poor coaching prep during the week

3- DC's like Wade Phillips and Schwartz purposely use a simplified system to allow for faster play - and its worked well

4- Free agency causes much roster turnover favoring a simplified scheme over a complex with numerous adjustments

5- Rex's use of an asset like Darius was a huge waste of his talents - he is way more than a 2-gap noseguard (when not sitting suspension:;;))

6 - Rexs scheme used corners and linebackers on delayed blitzes to get to QBs - todays league negates that with quick drops and throws

I think dareus meant that to much was going on in the defense as a whole and all it takes is one guy to be confused or out of position for it to fail, not that he himself didnt know or couldnt grasp the playbook. I think this is just one of rexs buddies who is butt hurt

Of course Bart Scott's catchy quote misses the main point/problem with Rex's scheme.

2- More than the complexity its the constant late adjustments being made - signalling poor coaching prep during the week

3- DC's like Wade Phillips and Schwartz purposely use a simplified system to allow for faster play - and its worked well

4- Free agency causes much roster turnover favoring a simplified scheme over a complex with numerous adjustments

5- Rex's use of an asset like Darius was a huge waste of his talents - he is way more than a 2-gap noseguard (when not sitting suspension:;;))

6 - Rexs scheme used corners and linebackers on delayed blitzes to get to QBs - todays league negates that with quick drops and throws

all good points

You're missijg the point, this team is filled with dummies and unprepared quitters so that 1-6 do not matter, as Mike Singletary said about "can't win with em" .

Sorry, if,your dumb and can't adapt, that an indictment of the player, not the coach. A few dummies couldn't do what was asked while others could, do dumb down the defense?

And people should care about what Bart Scott says why? His biggest achievement is somehow getting a broadcasting job while barely being able to speak English.

Dareus played well this year. Obviously he was a tool in the offseason. But I don't think he's necessarily speaking for himself here. Probably just being the voice for teammates of his who don't have his job security.

Who is Bart Scott and why should I care what he says? Did he watch the Bills defense screw up repeatedly all season? Linebackers with heir backs to the line of scrimmage trying to get a signal straight as the ball is snapped? Too many or too few players on the field? Three 200-yard runners?

Edited by Dr. K

And people should care about what Bart Scott says why? His biggest achievement is somehow getting a broadcasting job while barely being able to speak English.

Dareus played well this year. Obviously he was a tool in the offseason. But I don't think he's necessarily speaking for himself here. Probably just being the voice for teammates of his who don't have his job security.

he did play very very well when he was in there.

Spot on. He most certainly is a "tool".

I didn't think he said he couldn't learn the defense. I'll have to read his comments again. I thought he said that the numerous checks involved led to them being a step slow and often they saw plays they weren't prepared for anyway and there was no check for.

He was speaking about the Team, not himself.

And Bart Scott cracks me up sometimes