Deshaun Watson

Wagon Circler

He is nothing like Taylor... I can't understand this comparison at all when I see it.

Well, I don't see it either. I used to think I had some knowledge of football -- I've been watching for over 45 years.

But then the internet came and folks started talking x and o's; I don't know if they are coaches, played themselves or if it is Madden.

I am such a luddite, I have never played Madden. So now I am less confident I know what I am talking about.

Watson does look like a great prospect to me. At the beginning of the year, I feared he would be a top two pick and we would have no chance.

I still think qb value will be inflated by the time the draft occurs, but I hope Watson is there and I hope we take him.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't see it either. I used to think I had some knowledge of football -- I've been watching for over 45 years.

But then the internet came and folks started talking x and o's; I don't know if they are coaches, played themselves or if it is Madden.

I am such a luddite, I have never played Madden. So now I am less confident I know what I am talking about.

Watson does look like a great prospect to me. At the beginning of the year, I feared he would be a top two pick and we would have no chance.

I still think qb value will be inflated by the time the draft occurs, but I hope Watson is there and I hope we take him.

I have never played Madden either. I guess if I had to compare Watson to another QB in the NFL it would be Mariota.

At the time, I took him over Zeke because of where we drafted him, and his PROVEN production in the pro game... Zeke hadn't taken any NFL snaps yet, so the choice was clear... If anything made K a superior choice, (I never said he was a superior PLAYER)- It was his proven performance at the next level. -Especially in our system.

By that logic you'd take Barkevious Mingo over Myles Garrett because he has produced sacks at the pro level. Do you see why that doesn't work? There wasn't a scout in the world (even before the year) that would have preferred Karlos to Zeke just like there isn't a scout in the world that prefers Mingo to Garrett.

A guy isn't better because he got his opportunity sooner. You love Cardale for example. By that logic Jeff Tuel is a better pro QB because we've seen him score some points.

By that logic you'd take Barkevious Mingo over Myles Garrett because he has produced sacks at the pro level. Do you see why that doesn't work? There wasn't a scout in the world (even before the year) that would have preferred Karlos to Zeke just like there isn't a scout in the world that prefers Mingo to Garrett.

A guy isn't better because he got his opportunity sooner. You love Cardale for example. By that logic Jeff Tuel is a better pro QB because we've seen him score some points.

:lol: Your'e all over the place with this Kirby... Let's help you drill down...

The initial offer was Karlos (a player with one productive season under his belt) for Zeke (A yet undrafted prospect) -Straight up...

Mingo isn't analogous to to Garrett because they're FOUR YEARS apart... Mingo is a KNOWN quantitiy at this stage... You can say, for example, that Garett has more upside than a four-year veteran who really hasn't done a whole lot...

A better analogy would be me choosing to keep Kiko Alonso (2 sacks, 4 INT's as a rookie 2nd rounder) than Trading him straight-up for Ryan Shazier, a talented first rounder taken the following year...

The positions were comparable, and Kiko had a season under his belt to prove his value... Not knowing anything about Shazier, I would've kept Kiko...

Just to be clear I didn't feel anywhere nearly as strong about Kiko as I did about K. Williams... Williams had me gob-smacked with his production as a non-feature back... His running style seemed like a great fit for our very inconsistent o-line.

Would Zeke have succeeded in our system? -Who knows? -Karlos did for sure.

Edited by #34fan

:lol: Your'e all over the place with this Kirby... Let's help you drill down...

The initial offer was Karlos (a player with one productive season under his belt) for Zeke (A yet undrafted prospect) -Straight up...

Mingo isn't analogous to to Garrett because they're FOUR YEARS apart... Mingo is very much a KNOWN quantitiy at this stage... You can say, for example, that Garett has more upside than a four-year veteran who really hasn't done a whole lot...

A better analogy would be me choosing to keep Kiko Alonso (2 sacks, 4 INT's as a rookie 2nd rounder) than Trading him straight-up for Ryan Shazier, a talented first rounder taken the following year...

The positions were comparable, and Kiko had a season under his belt to prove his value... Not knowing anything about Shazier, I would've kept Kiko...

Just to be clear I didn't feel anywhere near as strong about Kiko as I did about K. Williams... Williams had me gob-smacked with his production as a non-feature back... His running style seemed like a great fit for our very inconsistent o-line.

Would Zeke have succeeded in our system? -Who knows? -Karlos did for sure.

Zeke is the highest graded RB since Peterson. This wasn't a guy with question marks. It's also a little different because Shazier wasn't the prospect that Zeke was. It was more like trading Kiko after a year for Khalil Mack. Actually, Karlos' rookie year wasn't as good as Kiko's. That's the closest. I would have dealt Kiko for Mack in a second before the draft. He had an incredibly high ceiling and an incredibly low floor.

You trade a Kia for a Rolls Royce every day of the week. Karlos was a Kia, a nice NFL player that was easily replaced by Gillislee. Zeke is an MVP candidate as a rookie. You don't say "I know my KIA will get me where I need to go. I've never seen the Rolls Royce do that so I prefer the KIA."

I feel like this guy is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

All this talk of tanking. For what? We're not doing it to get a better offensive tackle.

It has to be to address the QB situation. To me, Watson has to be a serious consideration. Trubiskey is unlikely to be there when we pick.

I have liked Watson for a year. To me, he has many of the same qualities I liked about Prescott, only he's better!

The calmness in the pocket while he surveys the field, coupled with Tyrod athleticism, but bigger.

Is he a finished product? Not by any means. But there just aren't that many Andrew Luck's around.

I would like to draft him in the first and even play him.

Let us just say, like the Emperor to Annakin, "I will be watching his post-season with great interest"!

Serious comments are invited. Not the "No Thanks" Mr. Negativity posts.

We didn't tank this yr, we did the same old "push for the playoffs" and finished mediocre again.

Zeke is the highest graded RB since Peterson. This wasn't a guy with question marks. It's also a little different because Shazier wasn't the prospect that Zeke was. It was more like trading Kiko after a year for Khalil Mack. Actually, Karlos' rookie year wasn't as good as Kiko's. That's the closest. I would have dealt Kiko for Mack in a second before the draft. He had an incredibly high ceiling and an incredibly low floor.

You trade a Kia for a Rolls Royce every day of the week. Karlos was a Kia, a nice NFL player that was easily replaced by Gillislee. Zeke is an MVP candidate as a rookie. You don't say "I know my KIA will get me where I need to go. I've never seen the Rolls Royce do that so I prefer the KIA."

:angry: Now, you're REALLY pithing me off.... Karlos was an Audi A4, at the very worst...

Besides, you got no garage, and can't afford the insurance... Why take a free Rolls Royce, just to Park it on the street?

One last thing... Mack was the best player on the board when we picked Sammy... -I'd never even try to argue that.... Kiko, much like Karlos, was an unexpected surprise that I felt could really help us out... -Lo, an behold! -he's in the playoffs this year, and we're watching them on TV!

:angry: Now, you're REALLY pithing me off.... Karlos was an Audi A4, at the very worst...

Besides, you got no garage, and can't afford the insurance... Why take a free Rolls Royce, just to Park it on the street?

One last thing... Mack was the best player on the board when we picked Sammy... -I'd never even try to argue that.... Kiko, much like Karlos, was an unexpected surprise that I felt could really help us out... -Lo, an behold! -he's in the playoffs this year, and we're watching them on TV!

Kiko is a piece but not "a guy." If that makes sense. He's a nice reliable player. He isn't an impact guy (at least anymore). Mack and Sammy were the best players that I saw in a 2 year period. They had no holes coming out.

You wouldn't have been parking the Rolls on the street. The question wasn't "should the Bills dump Karlos and try to get Zeke?" It was "who is a better player Karlos or Zeke?"

You are right too, Karlos wasn't a KIA but I don't think that he as an Audi. Let's call him a Nissan Rogue. I think that's fair.

The question wasn't "should the Bills dump Karlos and try to get Zeke?" It was "who is a better player Karlos or Zeke?"

No seriously, when it was presented months ago, it was a hypothetical trade...Karlos for Zeke...

FWIW, I don't think they'll go anywhere near Watson... As for coaching choices, I honestly don't want to think about it... I'm preparing the "cringe" muscles in my face for overload once the news hits.

No seriously, when it was presented months ago, it was a hypothetical trade...Karlos for Zeke...

FWIW, I don't think they'll go anywhere near Watson... As for coaching choices, I honestly don't want to think about it... I'm preparing the "cringe" muscles in my face for overload once the news hits.

That is kind of the same difference. If it cost you Karlos and a 1st for Zeke than I wouldn't because you had RBs. If the question (as I interrupted it) was "if you could have 1 of these 2 which would it be?"

I don't think Watson is realistic either. I just don't see these crazy changes that are being rumored. The Bills would take big steps back. I really don't think that they are incompetent; it's dysfunctional.

if watson somehow makes it out of the first i'd love to see peppers in the first and watson in the 2nd. but that's a big pipe dream.

Jabril Peppers when it all is said and done is gonna be a top 10 pick i think. And likely a top 5 pick. I have him right now as the 5th best prospect in the draft.

Edited by MAJBobby

I feel like this guy is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

All this talk of tanking. For what? We're not doing it to get a better offensive tackle.

It has to be to address the QB situation. To me, Watson has to be a serious consideration. Trubiskey is unlikely to be there when we pick.

I have liked Watson for a year. To me, he has many of the same qualities I liked about Prescott, only he's better!

The calmness in the pocket while he surveys the field, coupled with Tyrod athleticism, but bigger.

Is he a finished product? Not by any means. But there just aren't that many Andrew Luck's around.

I would like to draft him in the first and even play him.

Let us just say, like the Emperor to Annakin, "I will be watching his post-season with great interest"!

Serious comments are invited. Not the "No Thanks" Mr. Negativity posts.

NO!!!!! THANKS!!!!