Deshaun Watson

Wagon Circler

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that but alot of those are older or from a College that runs a older pro style offense. Carr did run at Fresno.

In college they are about themselves and more and more are a duel theat offense. Or a premier spread throw it all over (Mahomes) Baylor etc etc.

What you have to project is which of these duel threat QBs have the abilities to progress their in pocket game.

Again, you may be right - but IMHO, that only adds to the complexity in prognosticating which QB will be a quality NFL QB. In my mind, avoid them altogether and locate the Pro Style QB who passes from the pocket without running. They're there, but your Scouts have to find them, unearth their tools and then you must know the value to Draft properly.

My bad. I misunderstood. Thought you were referring to Taylor. My apologies.

Though this does capture the essence of my point.

Nah just calling for that to be built into our offense every since they drafted Watkins. He excelled at it yet we never do (but you hear every coaching staff say we have to get the Ball in his hands. Well Bills coaches call Dabo. Its not hard and is safe (as long as Noodle Arm Pennington isnt throwing it) nothing more than a long handoff

Again, you may be right - but IMHO, that only adds to the complexity in prognosticating which QB will be a quality NFL QB. In my mind, avoid them altogether and locate the Pro Style QB who passes from the pocket without running. They're there, but your Scouts have to find them, unearth their tools and then you must know the value to Draft properly.

QB play will continue to decline unless

1. There is an actual legit developmental league run by the NFL

2. NFL modern offense bring in some of that stuff (Dallas)

3. Teams continue to not know how to defelop QBs there is alot of poor QB coaches in this league. We have probably the worst.

3. Teams continue to not know how to defelop QBs there is alot of poor QB coaches in this league. We have probably the worst.

Lol now you have the answer to all NFL QB issues. Ha ha, you really love yourself don't you! 😂

Whats it gonna take to move up to the 1st or 2nd overall in the 2017 draft? I say do it. Use 2017 1st, 2018 1st AND '19 if thats what it takes. Im not even kidding. Get Trubisky or Watson. Get the best rookie QB college has to offer. Whaley needs a trademark success at this point. Whaly needs to make a bold and insane signature move to seperate his legacy from mediocrity.

please let this happen, then I will finally be rid of all of em :devil::devil:

When does Dabo become the next college HC to become the hot NFL HC candidate

If he beats Saban and Bama?

Or has alot more to proove?

He does not have anything to prove to me...Not sure how his message would translate in the NFL...But what he's done at Clemson is way beyond impressive...I've lived a few hours from Clemson for 25 years now...What he's done since he stepped in can't be ignored...That guy can flat out coach...And recruit... B-)

QB play is declining?

And what QBs would be relegated to a "developmental league"? 6th, 7th rounders? UDFAs? Develop them for what? To be backups?

please let this happen, then I will finally be rid of all of em :devil::devil:

Lets see last year from 8th to 2nd

Browns gave up 2nd and conditional 17 4th

Philly 8th, 3rd and 4th. 2017 1st and 2018 2nd

So 11 to 2 likely would cost

2017 1st, 3rd, 4th

2018 1st, 2nd

2019 2nd

I would agree with this. Especially 3. Think the NFL needs to go back to the days of sitting a guy for 3 years before starting him. Need to invest the time to develop these guys. Not just throw them to the wolves and dump them after three years when they fall on their face. The college game isnt producing many NFL ready qbs.

QB play is declining?

And what QBs would be relegated to a "developmental league"? 6th, 7th rounders? UDFAs? Develop them for what? To be backups?

No more like a spring league.

Can designate players that are less than 4 years in like they used to with NFL Europe

There that allows you to put a rookie that you drafted but is not ready to play yet valuable Reps. But it has to be tied to the NFL otherwise it morphs into college as an example.

I know it wont work like the AHL to NHL (same season it get it) but something similar like spring football with minor league teams of all 32. Also you can grow the game maybe Bills minor league team for example is in Toronto.

Lot of kinks but i think it is viable minus the fact it would cost NFL money to start up

I would agree with this. Especially 3. Think the NFL needs to go back to the days of sitting a guy for 3 years before starting him. Need to invest the time to develop these guys. Not just throw them to the wolves and dump them after three years when they fall on their face. The college game isnt producing many NFL ready qbs.

Prefect example. Go hire Peyton as a QB coach. He has his Camp these NFL players go too.

Think out of the box some of these former QBs may not want the grind as OC or HC but would accept a QB coach job.

Go raid some of these QB developmental camps that are out there for your QB coach.

Edited by MAJBobby

What days were those?

After watching this game along with several others Watson is basically the same as TT with missing a lot of throws, the occasional big play and lots of running. The one thing Watson does throw better is the slant but that is about it.

if we are getting rid of TT there is no reason to draft Watson.

Prefect example. Go hire Peyton as a QB coach. He has his Camp these NFL players go too.

Think out of the box some of these former QBs may not want the grind as OC or HC but would accept a QB coach job.

Go raid some of these QB developmental camps that are out there for your QB coach.

I like this idea , unless David Lee worked a miracle with EJ for the last game.