Tyrod Not Speaking to Media Today or on Locker Cleanout Day

26CornerBlitz

in hindsight, the simple way to handle this was "tyrod has been struggling with an injury, and with the team eliminated from the playoffs we do not want to further risk his health" instead of the associated "business decision" direction (even though it was an obvious and easy decision to have made).

sticking to the other line wouldve saved some drama and potentially eased hurt feelings.

I would like to see some shared accountability on TT's part. He should know that he needs to get better in order to start for this team. If he had been better, his perception that they lacked confidence wouldn't have happened. The reason they had to make a "business decision" in the last game is because he wasn't good enough throughout the first 15 to throw him out there and risk having their decision taken out of their hands. Hopefully he realizes this.

i am also irked a little by the tone -- but admittedly didnt see the full thing so hopefully there was some "i want to keep taking steps and do even better taking advantage of opportunities"

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty nuts that Tyrod doesn't understand why the move was made. Hell, even if the team was fully committed to him next year and there was no injury clause, it'd make sense to sit him that game.

logistically its an obvious choice

how it was handled behind closed doors, i suppose we dont know

Tyrod has handled this type of thing with much less class than EJ ever did. Not sure that means anything, but I do think EJ is a better natural leader. Tyrod is more of a lead by example type, which is hard to do when the team is ranked 30 in passing.

Not sure that I agree with this as the situations are totally different. Ej got beat out by a superior player. Tyrod got benched so that they would have flexibility on paying him $30M. Those situations aren't the same.

It's pretty nuts that Tyrod doesn't understand why the move was made. Hell, even if the team was fully committed to him next year and there was no injury clause, it'd make sense to sit him that game.

Tyrod's acting dumb so if he ends up cut it's not on him. He and his agent know exactly what they're doing. I say his agent because am pretty sure someone quoted a tweet from them saying Tyrod deserves a raise after his game against Miami.

in hindsight, the simple way to handle this was "tyrod has been struggling with an injury, and with the team eliminated from the playoffs we do not want to further risk his health" instead of the associated "business decision" direction (even though it was an obvious and easy decision to have made).

sticking to the other line wouldve saved some drama and potentially eased hurt feelings.

i am also irked a little by the tone -- but admittedly didnt see the full thing so hopefully there was some "i want to keep taking steps and do even better taking advantage of opportunities"

I see both sides and I wish i knew how it went down. Taylor came off his best game as a pro a game where the Bills had the most yards from scrimmage ever (i believe) with several 14 pt comebacks within the game. Then the plug was pulled not by AL but by mgmt. Business decision is a vague term to use. So if he didnt get a full explanation then yeh it has to be frustrating. Its natural.

He also could have said something like I know I have to continue to improve every week as a QB and make this offense even better, etc.

I think the main problem is the business decision wording and if anyone properly spoke to tt about it. He has been the starting QB for 2 seasons now. A conversation isnt too much to ask for Id expect.

We say we expect leadership from our QB but if our GM isnt even sitting down to properly explain why their forcing the coach to bench someone then where is the leadership from up above? The fish rots you know where first. But again, i dont know how it went down and what was said and what wasnt said.

Does he even have a choice? I thought the NFL required players to be available to the media.

You always have a choice.

The NFL may make the choice to fine in response.

Money well spent by Tyrod. The Buffalo Bills media is ready to eat its young right now. There is no sense in saying two words to those hacks. (except our AP reporter of course)

I think the Bills told Taylor's agent renegotiate that contract or he can walk.

What team will give him $27.5 M next season?

If he played like Dak , heck yes

I think you'd be surprised.

There are no real Free Agent options for QB year over year.

A team with a strong defense would love to have Tyrod at QB. He doesn't turn the ball over and gives the team a chance to win.

Tyrod definitely will have a lot of interested team in his services.

If Tyrod is willing to sign an incentive based contract and take a nice $12 - $20M signing bonus he will have a job in an instant.

The Texans with a healthy JJ Watt would easily pay up for Tyrod Taylor in 2017. They're built to win now and just need a QB to not screw up.

"Tyrod throws deep to Hopkins! Touchdown Texans."

Well worth $20M for them.

Edited by 1B4IDie

Money well spent by Tyrod. The Buffalo Bills media is ready to eat its young right now. There is no sense in saying two words to those hacks. (except our AP reporter of course)

A team with a strong defense would love to have Tyrod at QB. He doesn't turn the ball over and gives the team a chance to win.

If Tyrod is willing to sign an incentive based contract and take a nice $12 - $20M signing bonus he will have a job in an instant.

The Texans with a healthy JJ Watt would easily pay up for Tyrod Taylor in 2017. They're built to win now and just need a QB to not screw up.

Do you think he will see him over the line?

Do you think he will release the ball or dump it to his RB?

Bye Bye TT! Suck a lemon!

they could easily pay up for TT? They still owe Osweiler 37 mill gtd

He has personal pride and confidence.

I would like to see some shared accountability on TT's part. He should know that he needs to get better in order to start for this team. If he had been better, his perception that they lacked confidence wouldn't have happened. The reason they had to make a "business decision" in the last game is because he wasn't good enough throughout the first 15 to throw him out there and risk having their decision taken out of their hands. Hopefully he realizes this.

He knows he needs to improve. Not going to go on there and say I wasn't good enough after last weeks performance with the lingering situation.

After seeing what we saw from the offense and QB's yesterday, Tyrod's only response to questions should be the Nelson Muntz-

:lol::lol::lol: i thought the same watching Tyrod laugh on the sidelines.

This is an awesome idea. I think Tyrod would do great on the Texans, Good defense with Fuller, Hopkins, and Braxton Miller to throw to he would be deadly. I bet if Buffalo makes the mistake of letting TT walk, Houston would be on that fone to snag Tyrod and upgrade its running game. A little more help on the defense and they have a 1 or 2 win playoff team.

Do you think he will see him over the line?

Do you think he will release the ball or dump it to his RB?

Bye Bye TT! Suck a lemon!

your such a troll its not even funny or entertaining. its just a dumpster fire of comments.

they could easily pay up for TT? They still owe Osweiler 37 mill gtd

damn I 4got about that contract :thumbdown: . Too bad. Tyrod could do well there.

TT has not been an elite QB or shown that he deserves the contract option. There are some deficiencies in his game.

Having said all that, he is the best thing we have got (unless and until we get someone better). We all know how that quest has gone.

TT has not been an elite QB or shown that he deserves the contract option. There are some deficiencies in his game.

Having said all that, he is the best thing we have got (unless and until we get someone better). We all know how that quest has gone.

It's not an elite QB contract FYI....

the tricky part is that he doesnt have to be elite to earn that option.

it would essentially make him the lowest paid long term starter. the real issue is it also essentially commits to him for 2 if not 3 more years (still 10m in dead money if cut after 2), which means itll be hard to try to improve the position in the short term. you dont want a 15m backup or a 1st rounder stuck on the bench long term.... so what do you do?

It's not an elite QB contract FYI....

. . . or even that contract.

I like TT, but that is a lot of cap space for what he has shown thus far.

I think the Texans are having buyer's remorse on BO's contract.