Sully: Bills' bozos leave Lynn to twist on his own

Rico

Exactly. Jerry Sullivan even goes on to "feel bad" for Anthony Lynn not being able to decide put his best QB out there. Like wtf? He is an interim HC for 1 game. Like he wouldn't be blasting Anthony Lynn and the Bills Org for risking it either.

Bunch of two face hypocrites.

Poor conflicted Sully.

Should he heap praise for the good business decision it was to sit TT?

Or should offer up condemnation for the front office interfering with the coach's privilege to choose who plays? Never mind that Lynn wasn't the coach when the decision was made in the first place.

Not surprised Sully would choose condemnation. It requires less critical thinking and he most likely has far more of those already in the can waiting to be run than those columns in which he offers compliments. He's a hack. Pure and simple.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promo, as I've said elsewhere, the NFL is a goldmine for one reason only: media coverage. It's the job of management to interact with the source that fuels the engines that feed them cash. It's also irresponsible of them to convey to fans that the media is merely a parasitical leech and nothing more. Judging from this site alone, too many people believe that this is what the media in fact is, failing to recognize the fundamentally symbiotic nature of the relationship. It wouldn't kill management to show up and give an explanation. That's what competent organizations do as a matter of course. The press is only the enemy if you treat it like one -- which is what the Bills do.

But Sullys and Bucky's sole existence is to B word. 90% of their articles are bitching. The Bills and Sabres don't lose 90% of their games, they don't botch 90% of their decisions, they're in business to make money and provide entertainment and they both do. Sully and Bucky don't even believe half of what they write. I happen to think Sully is great at his job but his job is being Rush Limbaugh. So I don't think the Bills owe him much. Edited by Kelly the Dog

But Sullys and Bucky's sole existence is to B word. 90% of their articles are bitching. The Bills and Sabres don't lose 90% of their games, they don't botch 90% of their decisions, they're in business to make money and provide entertainment and they both do. Sully and Bucky don't even believe half of what they write. I happen to think Sully is great at his job but his job is being Rush Limbaugh. So I don't think the Bills owe him much.

Your contention that it isn't weird that they put Lynn out there without Whaley, Russ or ownership even stepping up to answer a few question is peculiar.

It's not like the Bills were just punishing TBN........this isn't a random schlep getting canned.....Rex getting the boot is a national story and guys on NFLN were scratching their heads about it.........it's SOP for a pro sports team to have someone........you know.......address a coach firing. :doh:

Now even the NFLN is spotlighting what a dumpster fire the Bills management situation must be. Gee....I wonder why?

Should have addressed it. Simple as that. Like it or not when you deprive the media of stories they are going to put you in a poor light.

Dave is right.......you are wrong.

Your contention that it isn't weird that they put Lynn out there without Whaley, Russ or ownership even stepping up to answer a few question is peculiar.

It's not like the Bills were just punishing TBN........this isn't a random schlep getting canned.....Rex getting the boot is a national story and guys on NFLN were scratching their heads about it.........it's SOP for a pro sports team to have someone........you know.......address a coach firing. :doh:

Now even the NFLN is spotlighting what a dumpster fire the Bills management situation must be. Gee....I wonder why?

Should have addressed it. Simple as that. Like it or not when you deprive the media of stories they are going to put you in a poor light.

Dave is right.......you are wrong.

I'm not saying overall whether they should have or should not have. It's all opinion. My opinion I understand full well is not the majority nor is it the politically correct nor is it dependent on anyone else's opinion. You're just being a dick stating your opinion is fact. I could care less if the national media calls the Bills a dumpster fire. The national press is usually wrong. I think they didn't need to address it because no new information was going to be revealed so there was no reason for it.

I'm not saying overall whether they should have or should not have. It's all opinion. My opinion I understand full well is not the majority nor is it the politically correct nor is it dependent on anyone else's opinion. You're just being a dick stating your opinion is fact. I could care less if the national media calls the Bills a dumpster fire. The national press is usually wrong. I think they didn't need to address it because no new information was going to be revealed so there was no reason for it.

Noooooooooooooo. Him?

They are running clips every 15 minutes about how the Bills need a culture change.

They are doing that ONLY because that's all they are getting from the Bills......quotes from players.

I don't care either......I'm watching to hear about the playoff positioning.......but a lot of thin-skinned people who coincidentally share YOUR crooked take think this is all about TBN getting what they deserve. :rolleyes:

It's not.

It's just the dumpster being hot. It's what the dumpster does.

Trust me........I don't want to believe it anymore than you do.

I haven't been a drain the swamp guy but the lack of professionalism is getting old.

They are running clips every 15 minutes about how the Bills need a culture change.

They are doing that ONLY because that's all they are getting from the Bills......quotes from players.

I don't care either......I'm watching to hear about the playoff positioning.......but a lot of thin-skinned people who coincidentally share YOUR crooked take think this is all about TBN getting what they deserve. :rolleyes:

It's not.

It's just the dumpster being hot. It's what the dumpster does.

Trust me........I don't want to believe it anymore than you do.

I haven't been a drain the swamp guy but the lack of professionalism is getting old.

I don't think it's at all about TBN getting what they deserve. I don't really know why they didn't. What I think happened, with no real knowledge of what went on, was a combination of 3-4 things: The Bills are dysfunctional when it comes to the press. Bertchold sucks. Terry pegula hates the press and naively thought his statement would be enough. Whaley was going to be out of town scouting and doesn't like talking when he doesn't have to and thought I'm not missing important scouting time to answer gotcha questions I'm not going to answer. Lynn not giving a **** and only concerned with getting ready for the game.

People, yourself included, are only getting your panties in a bunch because we are losing. We made a mistake with Rex. We have sucked for so long it's just more crap to whine about. If we were winning no one would care about this nonsense. And national reporters wouldn't equate this kind of incompetence with the football hires and on the field incompetence. I think they're independent of each other. Others likely think they are connected somehow.

I don't think it's at all about TBN getting what they deserve. I don't really know why they didn't. What I think happened, with no real knowledge of what went on, was a combination of 3-4 things: The Bills are dysfunctional when it comes to the press. Bertchold sucks. Terry pegula hates the press and naively thought his statement would be enough. Whaley was going to be out of town scouting and doesn't like talking when he doesn't have to and thought I'm not missing important scouting time to answer gotcha questions I'm not going to answer. Lynn not giving a **** and only concerned with getting ready for the game.

People, yourself included, are only getting your panties in a bunch because we are losing. We made a mistake with Rex. We have sucked for so long it's just more crap to whine about. If we were winning no one would care about this nonsense. And national reporters wouldn't equate this kind of incompetence with the football hires and on the field incompetence. I think they're independent of each other. Others likely think they are connected somehow.

I'm not irritated in the least about management not addressing it because I really don't care to hear them be dishonest and evasive.

It's just SOP.

What I am irritated about is that there are fans who want to vehemently insist that it's not unprofessional of them not to.

BTW, you forgot to mention where the team president was. Scouting? :lol:

I'm not irritated in the least about management not addressing it because I really don't care to hear them be dishonest and evasive.

It's just SOP.

What I am irritated about is that there are fans who want to vehemently insist that it's not unprofessional of them not to.

BTW, you forgot to mention where the team president was. Scouting? :lol:

No one wants to hear from him. ;)

And you're complaining so apparently you do care or you wouldn't address it.

Um ESPN blasting the Bills with one of their analyst saying Anthony Lynn should get out of town as fast as he can. Pro football talk writing a scathing article about the leadership 'hiding' behind Lynn to name just a few. You really think people dont notice that. Like high profile head coaching candidates and coordinators. Like it or not that stuff matters to some. Especially well qualified people in high demand who may be considering employment with this organization who are likely to get multiple job offers for next year.

I think NFL professionals are intelligent enough to ignore what the media says and trust their own sources of information.

No one wants to hear from him. ;)

And you're complaining so apparently you do care or you wouldn't address it.

You are just wrong about that is all. I haven't listened to a single PC since Rex got hired...including Lynn's. I don't care about that jaw flapping.

What this really boils down to is that the Bills don't treat the media in a professional manner.....and since covering the team is their JOB..... there is a subsequent dislike/distrust of the people running the team.

It's justified. Deal with it.

Russ wasn't there because he's a major culprit in this regard and if he stood up in front of those guys they'd let him have it.

You are just wrong about that is all. I haven't listened to a single PC since Rex got hired...including Lynn's. I don't care about that jaw flapping.

What this really boils down to is that the Bills don't treat the media in a professional manner.....and since covering the team is their JOB..... there is a subsequent dislike/distrust of the people running the team.

Russ wasn't there because he's a major culprit in this regard and if he stood up in front of those guys they'd let him have it.

You have complained about it here a dozen times. If you didn't care you wouldn't comment. That's a fact. You are wrong. That is all. ;)

But Sullys and Bucky's sole existence is to B word. 90% of their articles are bitching. The Bills and Sabres don't lose 90% of their games, they don't botch 90% of their decisions, they're in business to make money and provide entertainment and they both do. Sully and Bucky don't even believe half of what they write. I happen to think Sully is great at his job but his job is being Rush Limbaugh. So I don't think the Bills owe him much.

There is writing to inform, then there is writing to inflame. You have frustrated fans who want their anger validated, and Sully and Bucky are there for them with arms open. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'd love to see smug Russ up there getting destroyed by the press.

Hopefully it happens Monday. But I doubt it. He's hiding somewhere.

What is getting destroyed by the media? Having a bunch of jealous d bags who haven't accomplished half of what RB has, ask him a ton of questions?

I'd say the petulant children are the ones shilling for a perpetually failed management team and crying about the media 24/7...now what?

i will be the first to admit- no PROCLAIM that Bucky, Sully and their bastard stepbrother Harrington spend too much time trolling these teams to be taken seriously all the time.

But that doesn't mean they're not right sometimes. In this case they are. It is freaking amateur hour at OBD...I just wish it only lasted an hour.

Again petulant children when. Hours before the PC they were told it was just going to be the normal Wed HC presser and management presser will be monday to Answer all questions

What they do cry. Yep petulant children

Wait. So Whaley had enough time to fire the HC, but the reason he can't spend 10 minutes answering questions is that he's "too busy"? Wow. That's one lame ass cop-out.

:lol: Berchtold sucks. Yeah, after watching Lynn stumble through his first presser, hard to argue otherwise.

Again petulant children when. Hours before the PC they were told it was just going to be the normal Wed HC presser and management presser will be monday to Answer all questions

What they do cry. Yep petulant children

NO SUCH THING WHEN YOU JUST ****-CANNED YOUR COACH.

get a clue