Cardale Jones taking 2nd team reps

MAJBobby

47 total TDs and 13 total turnovers in basically two full seasons. Compare that with the Brock Osweilers and Case Keenums of the world. Because that's who the alternatives are.

Taylor might be in one of the best setups in the entire NFL. McCoy was a top 3 rob and our oline was a top 5 group. It's almost criminal the way we wasted a very good TE in Clay this year.

Taylor is a very serviceable qb but he is an 8-8 type qb who rarely moves the the needle one way or another. You can do worse but you can also do much better.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are wrong. If you read national reports outside of Buffalo, this offense and TT are much more highly regarded outside of Buffalo. TT would get paid well bc all you need are 2 teams bidding. And there are more than 2 Teams that need a QB.

Interestingly enough the other message boards I read thought the contract was silly and tyrod is another guy that is going to burn out and not a long term answer - so I'm not sure your statement is a wide consensus that's been reached

Interestingly enough the other message boards I read thought the contract was silly and tyrod is another guy that is going to burn out and not a long term answer - so I'm not sure your statement is a wide consensus that's been reached

At the time of the signing or currently? B/c I haven't read one report that thought the contract was silly, if anything that it was wise (for the Bills). I'm not saying such reports don't exist.. It's been to the contrary from what I've read: Columnists and reporters have acknowledged how the Bills would be silly to not pick up the option on TT after this season

The day of people outside of buffalo not watching bills games are over. This isn't 1985. Its called the Sunday Ticket. I watch Jags games. I watch Texans games. Heck, I've watched 2-3 Browns games this season. I watch all games. I love football. If you're a reporter or an analyst, you're watching games.

Well if they are watching the games then they aren't paying attention my friend because Tyrod is exactly what I just previously described. If that gets him glaring reviews and $20,000,000 a year then best of luck to him on whatever team of suckers makes that moronic move. :thumbsup::lol:

At the time of the signing or currently? B/c I haven't read one report that thought the contract was silly, if anything that it was wise (for the Bills). I'm not saying such reports don't exist.. It's been to the contrary from what I've read: Columnists and reporters have acknowledged how the Bills would be silly to not pick up the option on TT after this season

Because the media saw the Seattle game, which was about as good of a game as he has played in 2 years. They didn't watch the Ravens game. Or Cincy. Or Pitt. Or the way our offense dies for halves of games.

I'm talking fans and the whole way through

This team scores. It scores a lot. And the QB never turns the ball over. Put a normal sh**ty qb out there - you know, the ones that were actually available - and you're looking at a bottom of the barrel record. Taylor is decent.

The Bills did run a ****ty QB out there. Because of the historic rushing attack, I think any QB would be fairly successful in Buffalo. They won in spite of Tyrod not because of him.

The Bills did run a ****ty QB out there. Because of the historic rushing attack, I think any QB would be fairly successful in Buffalo. They won in spite of Tyrod not because of him.

This is just weak analysis. Sorry for being harsh. Watch the turnover machines on other teams before running this argument out there. Taylor is a huge reason why the running game is so effective too. He obviously has weaknesses, but again, look at other teams and factor in the lack of one good receiver for half the season.

This is just weak analysis. Sorry for being harsh. Watch the turnover machines on other teams before running this argument out there. Taylor is a huge reason why the running game is so effective too. He obviously has weaknesses, but again, look at other teams and factor in the lack of one good receiver for half the season.

and where has the lack of turnovers gotten Tyrod? 7 wins against crap teams. Yay sign me up.

From a different thread

So, Ben has 13, Eli has 16, Tannehill 12 this year and they're going to the playoffs, Newton had 10 last year and went to the SB, A Smith has had 14 the past 2 years and gone to playoffs both years. Int are no big deal unless they are ill timed or the QB throws a whole ton of them. Anywhere between 5-15 is no big deal IMO.

Edited by old school

I'm talking fans and the whole way through

Gotcha. Well as for fans I can only speak of what my friends think. My friends consist of Giants, Redskins, Jets, Dolphins and Chiefs fans. For the most part, they all think that we'd be silly to break up the offense and/or not retain TT. But they also think that we should've probably given Rex one more season..so take it with a grain of salt I guess.

and where has the lack of turnovers gotten Tyrod? 7 wins against crap teams. Yay sign me up.

From a different thread

So, Ben has 13, Eli has 16 this year and they're going to the playoffs, Newton had 10 last year and went to the SB, A Smith has had 14 the past 2 years and gone to playoffs both years. Int are no big deal unless they are ill timed or the QB throws a whole ton of them. Anywhere between 5-15 is no big deal IMO.

Win-loss records for QBs are even more worthless than pitching won-loss records in baseball. Drew Brees has easily had one of the best seasons of any qb in the nfl this season, but he has a "losing" record. The Bills defense is terrible: 24th in DVOA this year and 24th in DVOA last year.

Win-loss records for QBs are even more worthless than pitching won-loss records in baseball. Drew Brees has easily had one of the best seasons of any qb in the nfl this season, but he has a "losing" record. The Bills defense is terrible: 24th in DVOA this year and 24th in DVOA last year.

In all likelihood, with Schwartz coaching defense and TT's offense the last two years, the Bills make the playoffs both seasons.

Anyone who wants to draft Kaaya has either never seen him play a game or has no idea how to evaluate a college QB. His is not good at all and certainly not worth close to a 2nd round pick. And I say this as a Canes fan.

He was projected as a first round pick at the beginning of the year. As a cane fan did he really regress that much?

I saw a mock draft that had three QB's going in the first five picks!

The kid from Notre dame first.

Would love to see Watson fall to us in the first. What don't you like about him? He appears to have that same poise in the pocket that Prescott has.

I loved Watson last year, but this year he just doesn't seem to be the same guy. Not sure if he was forcing the issue, but he just came out flat and looked like a shell of his former self. He has heated up as the year goes along, but there are two things that worry me about him. One, he's only 205lbs. Can his body hold up in the NFL? Two, which QB are you getting. Are you getting the QB who has a trouble with his ball placement and will have that put on full display in the NFL? Or are you getting the QB who seemed he could do no wrong in 2015?

Ok we disagree as I think they want to move on from him.

To keep him, Tyrod also has to want to stay. From everything I have read from all the pro Tyroders, there will be a bidding war for his services should the Bills cut bait. I don't think so, we shall see.

AFAIK, Tyrod doesn't have a say in whether the Bills pick up his option or not.

Cool. Let me rephrase.

They shouldn't walk away from Tyrod because I think they can win with him and the formula will work if the defense isn't a complete cluster !@#$.

They could probably win 8 games without him and without tying-up $16M. It's not like LeSean wasn't a great RB without a scrambling QB.