Do you trust the Pegulas to make the right decision?

Santana

Well Rex is fired, I didn't want to stay stuck on that. However, I am finding the aftershock of the firing to be more worrisome. The Pegula's are evidently keeping Whaley as the GM and now the Bills are going to start EJ Manuel on Sunday vs the Jets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is totally a Whaley move. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but starting EJ after seeing him fail for 3 years just makes no sense whatsoever.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Rex is fired, I didn't want to stay stuck on that. However, I am finding the aftershock of the firing to be more worrisome. The Pegula's are evidently keeping Whaley as the GM and now the Bills are going to start EJ Manuel on Sunday vs the Jets. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this is totally a Whaley move. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but starting EJ after seeing him fail for 3 years just makes no sense whatsoever.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it is the right move for the team future flexibility to start EJ.

Your Whaley hate is strong though

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it is the right move for the team future flexibility to start EJ.

I don't hate Whaley, never said or implied that. I just said that the move seemed like a Whaley move.

Tyrod has an injury clause in his contract. If he gets hurt playing the game we owe him 31 million I believe.

Ohhh ok ok, that makes perfect sense. Thank you!!

Not as long as they keep Whaley. He is a desperate man and he will do desperate things to try and keep his job. He thinks he has assembled some great team and it's the coches fault that we suck. This could not be further from the truth and we are in trouble because of it

They don't want to risk Tyrod getting injured and being on the hook for an extension; since the new coach might not want his QB to be Tyrod. It's a business decision. EJs' ship sailed a long time ago. They aren't starting him because he's the future. Stay calm.

Not as long as they keep Whaley. He is a desperate man and he will do desperate things to try and keep his job. He thinks he has assembled some great team and it's the coches fault that we suck. This could not be further from the truth and we are in trouble because of it

They have enough talent on this team to be in the playoffs. This narrative that they have a bad roster in nonsense. Folks act like they have been 2-14 for the past few seasons. Remember the 84-85 Bills? That team had little talent. Remember Keith Ellison being the Bills best LB? Those teams had little talent. This team has talent.

It's like win-win for Tyrod. He's benched after throwing for 300 and 3TDs. Either sticks with a new HC (and gets paid), or goes somewhere else, and probably still gets paid (probably less, but probably still a pretty decent chunk of change).

Edited by dneveu

They have enough talent on this team to be in the playoffs. This narrative that they have a bad roster in nonsense. Folks act like they have been 2-14 for the past few seasons. Remember the 84-85 Bills? That team had little talent. Remember Keith Ellison being the Bills best LB? Those teams had little talent. This team has talent.

Wow Keith Ellison lmao, definitely remember him.

It's pretty clear they are in over their heads. Anyone would be, new to sports ownership and owning two teams in different sports, and at the top level (not even including the Amerks). Plus trying to pretty much single handedly revive the city of Buffalo.

The Ryan hiring, with that contract in particular, was far more concerning to me than the firing. We'll see how they do as owners as time goes on.