So when does Rex get axed?

PromoTheRobot

If they tell Rex, fire your whole D staff he may quit. That covers it all. He is gone and they don't have to pay right?

I'm guessing his contract is guaranteed and with language that he picks his staff.

I have to assume the decision has already been made. If he is staying, we'll probably hear it Sunday after the game. If not, Monday.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing his contract is guaranteed and with language that he picks his staff.

I have to assume the decision has already been made. If he is staying, we'll probably hear it Sunday after the game. If not, Monday.

i would agree the Pegulas know where they stand in regard to Rex.

I think he stays, but i would not be surprised if the announcement came Monday

Maybe, just maybe, the issue I have raised over and over is true.... too many dumb football players does not a winning team make. Lack of emotional and intellectual intelligence inside a gifted body doesn't always work. This constant refrain that it's Rex's fault for 10 men on the field is useless absent any indication that he made it happen. Maybe, just maybe, these guys on the sidelines aren't paying attention to calls and the game.

Go ahead, fire Rex, that's what everyone wants. But he doesn't run out of bounds short of first down markers, miss fields goals, miss tackles, miss assignments (every safety not named AW), choke in any game that matters (TT), get stupid personal fouls, and all the other problems that cost this team wins.

How about the players get some accountability. This board is like parents who blame teachers for their kids stupidity. It's a system of parts, each with a role and responsibility that helps achieve a outcome. When many of the parts are clearly problematic, merely changing one part will not fix it. If it did, where's the proof in the last 17 years.

I keep saying it but hire a highly-qualified President of Football Ops who gives the actual ultimatum to Whaley and Rex that they get one year. Let him observe the entire football operation and make the changes he sees fit. The Pegulas are not capable of anything related to football-related (or hockey for that matter) decisions. As long as they're hearing it from Rex and Whaley, forger it. You're just swapping out parts for the same parts.

But you make the point of so many who want a new coach, who want Ryan fired, in your own words that I have underlined above--that is the point, those things, over and over and over and others, again and again, a sure sign of a team that is undisciplined, unprepared, and so, week after week, and especially against well coached winning teams, are not able to win.

You can likely say the same thing about business, school, and most other 'teams'; it is the coaching, the leadership, that enables those miscues, the kind of things that you point to above, that undermine the potential.

Edited by Mister Defense

I'm just picturing the South Park Little League Championship game.

Russ Brandon

Screen-179670.jpg

Bills fans

81490692.jpg

If they tell Rex, fire your whole D staff he may quit. That covers it all. He is gone and they don't have to pay right?

Ahh, givein him the Wade treatment, that is brilliant, make him quit, genius!

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

10 men on the field in OT, after giving up over 200 to the same RB who got 200 on them earlier in the season; two weeks after giving up 200 yards to another RB. Both in what were essentially playoff games for the Bills. In an area that is supposed to be Rex's expertise... I can see them bringing him back too, but I wouldn't bet on it.

They literally gave him everything he wanted: A gang of assistant and assistant to the assistant coaches and draft picks spent on defense. And they still have not performed well enough as a unit, in spite of the individual talent on hand. And 10 men on the field! How does he or his assistants not know Gilmore is in concussion protocol? There is nowhere to hide on that one.

I believe most teams assign someone to count the number of players on the field, which I figured the Bills did since there's frequently players running on the field as the ball is about to be snapped. Maybe he asked for Christmas off and Rex didn't know.

Stick a fork in him as he is done.

Anyone with a heart wouldn't fire the guy on Christmas.

From What I'm thinking is Doug Whaley wants him gone and would like to see what Lynn can do as HC.

Could be as soon as this week and as late as after next week. I think it's 100% certain that he and his league-leading assistants are gone.

I'm hoping Terry has the cojones to fire the whole FO and hire that team president of football operations and then step back and allow him to build the team.

You think he stays?

I think there is 50% chance he stays. But if he is shown the door, it will be on black monday. Only way it is earlier is if a "must have" coach is available and they want to lock him in him before another team does by giving him a huge long fully guaranteed contract ... sound familiar?

EDIT: Gee I hate being right all the time ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey