Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next head coach?

Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Anthony Lynn: Should he be the next HC?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate the idea of Lynn but he would not be my first choice.

^^^^ Me too. Not sure about Coughlin. Not too many 70-year-olds keep up with the game. However, we have tried the coordinator route a bunch of times and none of them lasted.

This guy is another punt of 4th down type of guy, thinks caveman football wins in this league. We need a forward thinking HC. As we have seen leading the league in rushing does not win games, you need to pass to set-up the run not the other way around. Sammy himself spoke about this, when your best player speaks about it the organization needs to listen and respond.

How long before he starts asking to be traded with this mickey mouse run run run offense run by a gimmick QB. TT is a joke for a starting QB and come up short for making smart plays, did anyone mention that if he did not run out of bounds late in the 4th quarter we could have killed at least another 40 sec off the clock?

Lynn is just another Rex Ryan thinker, run run pass. Get someone who understands the game and how play it in 2017, this is not the 80's. I guarantee that no NFL team other then Bills want this guy other then to have him come in for a interview to meet black interview requirements.

Why would you want someone from the the Rex Ryan coaching tree if you are firing Rex after 2 seasons? You may as well just keep Rex because you will be getting more of the same. Punt on 4th down and run run run...

Hmm.. when you have Shady and TDMike and score 31 on the Fins, you go with strength. A team that plays in dome-less Buffalo could make this work for them and it mostly has. If the D doesn't give up the house every game, we're sitting pretty.

^^^^ Me too. Not sure about Coughlin. Not too many 70-year-olds keep up with the game. However, we have tried the coordinator route a bunch of times and none of them lasted.

Hmm.. when you have Shady and TDMike and score 31 on the Fins, you go with strength. A team that plays in dome-less Buffalo could make this work for them and it mostly has. If the D doesn't give up the house every game, we're sitting pretty.

Many year mant we are near the top of the league in rushing.

Every year we miss the playoffs.

Buffalo Bills need to graduate to Modern NFL football not 1970s

Many year mant we are near the top of the league in rushing.

Every year we miss the playoffs.

Buffalo Bills need to graduate to Modern NFL football not 1970s

But the last two years that antiquated offense has scored enough to win, but the D has coughed it up every time. Points are points. Maybe we are on the leading edge of the "new thing" ;-) In any case, we are not going to get a franchise QB with our draft pick and our OL is best at run blocking. Go with it until the points aren't there and Shady retires.

But the last two years that antiquated offense has scored enough to win, but the D has coughed it up every time. Points are points. Maybe we are on the leading edge of the "new thing" ;-) In any case, we are not going to get a franchise QB with our draft pick and our OL is best at run blocking. Go with it until the points aren't there and Shady retires.

Did it? Hmmm but they didnt win and it is because the QB and O didnt score when needed. (Not only reason, but a big reason)

But ok keep 1970s football and Army passing concepts and enjoy the run to drinking age with the drought

Seems with Bills we have alot of should have been good enoughs too........ but never do so maybe just maybe they are not good enough

Edited by MAJBobby

Did it? Hmmm but they didnt win and it is because the QB and O didnt score when needed. (Not only reason, but a big reason)

But ok keep 1970s football and Army passing concepts and enjoy the run to drinking age with the drought

Seems with Bills we have alot of should have been good enoughs too........ but never do so maybe just maybe they are not good enough

Well, the drought WILL reach 21 if the team starts completely over.

And hope that Lynn brings in a proven DC that runs a "Schwartz type" defense.

A good point is being made this morning that teams that fire coaches after 2 years dont look very good to head coaches around the league when it comes to longevity.

Dont blow it completley up....the offense is playing well...the D doesnt suit the players and has recently been excellent.

Only the Bills (and maybe the Browns) would promote a RB coach to OC to HC in less than a year!!!!! That is absurb. I voted Hell No.

If they decide to fire Rex Ryan the first thing we need to do is find a "football czar" and that person should be the only guy in Terry Pegula's ear. Everyone at OBD reports to the Czar. Next step would be to find the guy leaking to the media and fire them immediately. Then the Czar and the GM find the next HC. Whoever the Czar is it would have to be a well know NFL football guy like a Coughlin. Can't be some unknown scrub or anyone referred by Russ Brandon.

I wish someone in the media would interview Lynn about his philosophy in building an offense. At least then we might have a better idea of what an A Lynn offense would look like. Right now you are watching a Greg Roman offense with Lynn choosing the plays. And if you look at Roman's record, his offenses are consistently near the bottom of the league in number of pass attempts. So, if Lynn follows in Roman's footsteps, you will more likely see an offense that is heavily skewed towards running the ball again. That means another year near the bottom of the league in passing attempts regardless of who your QB is.

Or maybe Lynn has a different opinion of what type of run/pass balance there should be. But if he does, he sure hasn't said anything about it and I don't think anyone has asked him about it recently.

Ugh. ALynn has shown little to no game awareness, so NO NO NO. The stupid reverse call to a guy that had 11 carries for 5 yards on the season (now 12 for -3, let that sink in) has been beaten to death, so let's go to the 3rd and 2 after Sammy's 2nd and pu$$y and before Ryan's 4th and pu$$y. You've been running up and down on the Fish all day. So let's call a pass to Robert Woods. You really needed to call two running plays there, and if you don't get it on 3rd, you line up and quick-snap on 4th. But no, we don't do that. We do what my daughter's 15-yr old soccer team did on free kicks and throw ins. We wait for everyone to get lined up and dug in, and then and only then do we run our 4th down play (like the one where the Fish stopped us earlier). But the better 15-yr old girl soccer teams took the quick free kicks and throw-ins (which are legal), while our kids threw their hands up like it was unfair (like we do every time the Pats do it to us on 3rd and 4th down). I am sick and tired of the Bills not playing better than a well-coached 15-yr old girs's soccer team. We need real NFL coaches who will play to our strengths in crunch time, and not saddle up an RB with single digit yardage for the YEAR, or a QB who still melts down in the clutch.

Sorry, what was the question again?

Only the Bills.

A 15 year RB coach finally gets a promotion because the OC was scapegoated

Runs the fired OCs offense

And can get Bills fans wanting him for HC

This offense is in fact 5th in the league in scoring and that is with all the pass catcher injuries this offseason......

Why would we want to lose that and go into a 4 year rebiuld on both sides of the ball

I am hoping that the reports the Pegulas love Lynn are true and it does not get completely blown up

Ugh. ALynn has shown little to no game awareness, so NO NO NO. The stupid reverse call to a guy that had 11 carries for 5 yards on the season (now 12 for -3, let that sink in) has been beaten to death, so let's go to the 3rd and 2 after Sammy's 2nd and pu$$y and before Ryan's 4th and pu$$y. You've been running up and down on the Fish all day. So let's call a pass to Robert Woods. You really needed to call two running plays there, and if you don't get it on 3rd, you line up and quick-snap on 4th. But no, we don't do that. We do what my daughter's 15-yr old soccer team did on free kicks and throw ins. We wait for everyone to get lined up and dug in, and then and only then do we run our 4th down play (like the one where the Fish stopped us earlier). But the better 15-yr old girl soccer teams took the quick free kicks and throw-ins (which are legal), while our kids threw their hands up like it was unfair (like we do every time the Pats do it to us on 3rd and 4th down). I am sick and tired of the Bills not playing better than a well-coached 15-yr old girs's soccer team. We need real NFL coaches who will play to our strengths in crunch time, and not saddle up an RB with single digit yardage for the YEAR, or a QB who still melts down in the clutch.

Sorry, what was the question again?

Do you realize that your faulting a OC that nearly had 600 yards of offense out of his team on Saturday?

They dont make the best decision ALL the time......none of them do.

This O is FIFTH in scoring points IN THE NFL

Edited by John from Hemet

This offense is in fact 5th in the league in scoring and that is with all the pass catcher injuries this offseason......

Why would we want to lose that and go into a 4 year rebiuld on both sides of the ball

I am hoping that the reports the Pegulas love Lynn are true and it does not get completely blown up

And last year how was their scoring. Similar (injuries last yesr too)

Just Hire Roman then seeing he is the actual reason for this offense not a 15 yesr RB Rex Crony