My 10 cents on the game....

BmarvB

1) This loss was absolutely on the defense! Couldn't ask for anything more from TT, Shady, Clay, Sammy. They did their parts.

2) One sided officiating. Several penalties by the Dolphins not called - especially a couple PI calls that should have been made against the Dolphins.

3) Horrid tackling. Whatever happened to 'wrap em up and bring em down"? At least Leger Douzable brought his 'A" game with him. What happened to our run defense? Pass rush?? Did that leave when Schwartz did?

4) Who's advising Rex on when to challenge, and when NOT TO? And he was just a little too slow on the trigger with a critical time out on Miami's game tying FG.

5) TT does have his moments when he's an efficient passer, just lacks consistency, but today he proved himself capable of bringing the team back from behind, making plays with his arm, completing passes down the middle, and holding his own in a shootout. Not enough for that big payday, but enough to earn the chance to compete for the job next season under a revised contract.

6) What a difference having a healthy Sammy makes, and it's even better now that they finally realized they can actually use Charles Clay to do what he was paid all that money to come here and do. Needed to drag that foot to get that 2nd TD though, but other than that, this was his best game as a Bill.

7) The reverse to Reggie Bush sucked. Nobody was fooled. It was obvious they were setting up to run that at some point in the game. The Dolphins were ready for it.

8) 2 misses by Carpenter (one in OT) fatal. GOODBYE!!!

9) The only problem I have with Rex's decision to punt on 4th down and short in OT was the fact that he was misplacing his trust in the defense to stop them. Granted many coaches would have done the same thing so I can't argue with the decision, but with the season on the line, he probably could have went balls out gone for it too.

10) Even if they would have won out and got help, this team DOES NOT belong in the playoffs yet. They're close but Rex has allowed his ego to ruin a championship level defense. Run defense is below par, too many missed tackles, it's not even close to good enough to support a championship quality running game. And his game management skills are still questionable. The Pegulas have some serious evaluating to do at the end of the season. The decision on Rex can go either way.

Edited by BmarvB

When it was 3rd and 3 with 4 minutes left, the mentality should've been two downs to get 3 yards.

Instead, he decided to put it into the hands of the defensive genius, himself...

"If I was on defense right now this is what I would do so I'm gonna run right into IT!!!!"

Agree about the offense, but was a little disappointed with Sammy running out of bounds twice

on critical third downs, the last of which on the left side left us in that 4th and three situation,

if he just cuts it inside and upfield , he has the first down easily.

Anybody else notice that?

I was at the game and the funny thing with the bush play was all game the kept puttin Tate in for Sammy and every time Tate would come around for an end around but never get the ball. The must have done it at least 5 times and I kept saying they are setting them up to actually give Tate the ball. And the last time they did it, Tate would have been free and clear if the gave it to him. I can't believe they didn't use Tate for the misdirection play using something they had been setting up all game instead of that play to Bush.

Such a weird game to be at. 1st half so lackluster with the crowd having nothing to get excited about, then the 2nd half actually something to get into. Turned out to actually be an entertaining game despite the outcome.

The drummers on the field at halftime is just pathetic and sad. They'd be better off having high school bands.

Who had any doubt they would nail that 55 yarder. Seems kickers never miss big long kicks against the bills.

I'm convinced a huge part of not being able to tackle is not caring. And that falls directly at Rex's feet. It's pathetic to watch. Good Bye Rex

The bills have never won when Tyrod throws for 300 yards

Agree about the offense, but was a little disappointed with Sammy running out of bounds twice

on critical third downs, the last of which on the left side left us in that 4th and three situation,

Yep.

2nd and pu$$y.

yep, these guys don't know how to ball out.

I think he went OB too early and too easily but he was not going to make a first down in my opinion. The other one he caught the ball running out of bounds he probably made a mistake. He came back several yards to make the catch, he didn't have room to turn upfield. He again probably could have gained a little but not a first down.

I was at the game and the funny thing with the bush play was all game the kept puttin Tate in for Sammy and every time Tate would come around for an end around but never get the ball. The must have done it at least 5 times and I kept saying they are setting them up to actually give Tate the ball. And the last time they did it, Tate would have been free and clear if the gave it to him. I can't believe they didn't use Tate for the misdirection play using something they had been setting up all game instead of that play to Bush.

Such a weird game to be at. 1st half so lackluster with the crowd having nothing to get excited about, then the 2nd half actually something to get into. Turned out to actually be an entertaining game despite the outcome.

The drummers on the field at halftime is just pathetic and sad. They'd be better off having high school bands.

Who had any doubt they would nail that 55 yarder. Seems kickers never miss big long kicks against the bills.

I'm convinced a huge part of not being able to tackle is not caring. And that falls directly at Rex's feet. It's pathetic to watch. Good Bye Rex

The bills have never won when Tyrod throws for 300 yards

Actually like these guys but they seemed a little too excited to be there. I think some bag pipes and some Tilted Kilt girls would really turn this around.

tilted-kilt.jpg

I think he went OB too early and too easily but he was not going to make a first down in my opinion. The other one he caught the ball running out of bounds he probably made a mistake. He came back several yards to make the catch, he didn't have room to turn upfield. He again probably could have gained a little but not a first down.

Oh yes he did. Being at the game I was surprised how much more you can see of the game. He simply pussed out.

Oh yes he did. Being at the game I was surprised how much more you can see of the game. He simply pussed out.

He absolutely did have the room to make that 1st down. He had a great game overall, but he made a mistake out on that play.

It was like the wind completely died at the moment of the kick...quite disappointing!

It thought the players lacked heart. It was like Douzable was playing for his next Rex Ryan roster spot. He appeared to be the only active DL until late in the game (despite his missed tackle). I thought they looked like they were trying to get Rex canned.

He absolutely did have the room to make that 1st down. He had a great game overall, but he made a mistake out on that play.

What I meant was where his feet were when he caught it and his momentum it would have been really hard to turn upfield once he caught the ball and set his feet. He could have got more feet but not sure he could have got first down. In real time I thought it was awful. In slow motion on the replay where his feet hit and his momentum I changed my mind. At the game you never could have determined whether he could have got it or not.

What's funny is that Watkins is pretty much the only receiver on the Bills with good enough feet to do what he did, make the stop and come back for the ball. He came back too much, which is why he was short. It may have been because he didn't trust Tyrod as a passer and just gave his QB a better target by coming back more and being open more. That's why he was short of the first down. The pattern was excellent. He was well past the first down. Tyrod saw him after looking for others and then threw. Watkins was making sure he got the ball rather than making sure he stayed ahead of the first down marker. Plus he likely knew they had another shot.

He's a tremendous receiver. That pass to Clay in the endzone ruled OB is a TD to Watkins. So much of Tyrod's struggles as a QB is because Watkins has not been there or healthy. I'm not totally excusing TT because he makes a lot of mistakes and bad throws. But our offense would be completely different with a healthy Watkins.