Rapaport: Would Bills promote Anthony Lynn to HC?

YoloinOhio

Lynn has done a great job taking over roman's O.........and shows the ability to put together effective game plans most of the time. He has gotten out coached a time or two, but that is the nature of the game. I , for one, would not object to giving Lynn a shot.....would hope he would bring in a new D coordinator/new D. I don't want to keep the Ryan intricate D....we need a Schwartz like D that reacts and has simple choices...so the players can play, not have to be part of a swiss watch D. and have to over focus on what to do, rather than just doing it. That, imho, is the problem with the Rex D two years in...some of the personnel as still thinking...not reacting and hitting out there.

:thumbsup:

With 2 weeks to go I'm still on the fence - keep Rex for a 3rd year & see what he can do with Ragland in the mix or bring in a Phillips/Schwartz style D & utilize our talent to the best of their ability. If we lose either of these last 2 games then Rex & Co deserve to be sent packing.

I'd also still like to see if Tyrod can win us a game with his arm & put up 300 yards in the air in a game. Right now it doesn't appear that he has the ability.

Go Bills!!!!!

interesting - I'm with you on the first part but I don't care how many yards he throws for in a game... doesn't have much correlation to winning on its own. I'm more interested in passing efficiency and clutch plays.

is Lynn worth keeping over Rex?...Rex has been quoted as saying this is his last coaching job no matter what...if Rex holds true to that then Lynn could keep whatever staff he deems worthy and search for a whole new defensive staff...but my question is whether Lynn is worth keeping on as a HC?...would he want to keep TT and keep grooming Jones?...how much would the offense change if he had full control?...would be interesting to see

Great questions.

is Lynn worth keeping over Rex?...Rex has been quoted as saying this is his last coaching job no matter what...if Rex holds true to that then Lynn could keep whatever staff he deems worthy and search for a whole new defensive staff...but my question is whether Lynn is worth keeping on as a HC?...would he want to keep TT and keep grooming Jones?...how much would the offense change if he had full control?...would be interesting to see

Would LOVE to know who Lynn would consider for DC...

To be honest at this point if it's anyone who runs a base 4-3 I'm all ears...I feel our personnel is more ready to run a base 4-3 than a 3-4 still...Even after 2 years of Rex... B-)

I would think that Whaley wants Lynn to replace Rex instead of having an open head coaching search. It would be in his best interests for surviving this year. Other potential head coaching candidates would, at a minimum, ask the Pegulas about the GM situation and want to do due diligence about why there have been issues between Whaley and Rex/Marrone. If Rex is fired, I do not think this will be a very attractive head coaching opportunity. We are not quite Cleveland, but there is tremendous pressure to win now, our QB situation is unsettled, the GM would be involved in a third head coaching search, and the last coach is being fired after only two years with a .500 record (guessing).

Edited by jahnyc

Would LOVE to know who Lynn would consider for DC...

To be honest at this point if it's anyone who runs a base 4-3 I'm all ears...I feel our personnel is more ready to run a base 4-3 than a 3-4 still...Even after 2 years of Rex... B-)

Coughlin HC, Fewell DC and Lynn OC. It's a ridiculously logical outcome which I hope happens.

I like Rex. But he's the wrong HC for this team. This franchise needs to become more serious and professional in their quest to get back to the playoffs. The jokes simply aren't funny anymore. They should have either beat the Ravens or Jets at the beginning of the season. I think Lynn will probably stay on as OC if he doesn't get a head coaching job. That's should be good enough "continuity" crowd.

Not a Coughlin fan - would rather have Cohwer at HC. Fewell at DC would be an improvement.

Go Bills!!!!

Tyrod does not appear to be a "clutch" player at all. No sense of urgency or hurry up ability. No huddle, 2 minute drill & come from behind should go to EJ or CJ.

Go Bills!!!!!

Not a Coughlin fan - would rather have Cohwer at HC. Fewell at DC would be an improvement.

Go Bills!!!!

Tyrod does not appear to be a "clutch" player at all. No sense of urgency or hurry up ability. No huddle, 2 minute drill & come from behind should go to EJ or CJ.

Go Bills!!!!!

Can we stop the Cowher nonsense, neither he, nor Gruden, nor any other former big name coach is coming to Buffalo. Let's deal with reality folks.

Cowher ship sailed

Hell no to coughlin

Hell lololol no to shitstain gruden

Reports of Rivera being fired are worthy of listening. Shula is their OC and Newton has said eh would demand a trade or out if Shula is gone. The entire team took a step back. Rivera is s players coach but he's taking heat for disciplining Newton for being a diva. This may power play Rivera out, word is Newton wants this. This will sink the Panthers. Attaching a cart to Newton over a head coach is a losing move