• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The bills went 9-7 in 2014

The bills took a step back to 8-8 in 2015,Rex's first season

A 7-9 or 7-8-1 season in 2016 would represent a further step back and should result in Rex's termination

8-8 would represent stagnation rather than improvement. Ownership should meet with Rex to discuss what changes will be made to improve. If ownership is not satisfied with Rex's vision, he should be replaced

8-7-1 or 9-7 represents improvement and buys one more season to make the playoffs. Failure to launch in 2017 should result in termination

Bills were pretty much 8-8 in 2014. Patriots rested all there starters and didn't even try to win that last game at all

And i find it interesting in how you completely missed my point regarding the tone of his post.

I got it. But, I think that he was saying that it is not logical to fail or refuse to consider the items that he listed (by way of example).

Edited by Peter

I got it. But, I think that he was saying that it is not logical to fail or refuse to consider the items that he listed (by way of example).

Peter - I know we fall on opposite sides of this argument and that is perfectly fine. We each have our reasons for our point of view. I do however, do not like it if the tone of a post appears condescending, rude or obnoxious. And thats all I am going to say. Not a large enough transgression for me to start a flaming war over.

Peter - I know we fall on opposite sides of this argument and that is perfectly fine. We each have our reasons for our point of view. I do however, do not like it if the tone of a post appears condescending, rude or obnoxious. And thats all I am going to say. Not a large enough transgression for me to start a flaming war over.

I apologize for my tone then. It was not my intention.

It is surprising because Rex stinks, everybody knows it, and people look for reasons to keep him. Not sure why. Took a good defense and ruined it. Team plays with no discipline. Has a mediocre defensive staff, including you know who. I didn't even think he deserved a second season, but i understood it. Now people want to give him a third year? and expect different results? Don't get it.

The bills went 9-7 in 2014

The bills took a step back to 8-8 in 2015,Rex's first season

A 7-9 or 7-8-1 season in 2016 would represent a further step back and should result in Rex's termination

8-8 would represent stagnation rather than improvement. Ownership should meet with Rex to discuss what changes will be made to improve. If ownership is not satisfied with Rex's vision, he should be replaced

8-7-1 or 9-7 represents improvement and buys one more season to make the playoffs. Failure to launch in 2017 should result in termination

These are my thoughts in a nutshell.

Thinking to next year...

The Bills will get Ragland back which is essentially a free 2nd round pick, Shaq will have an offseason, they have their full complement of picks in the draft, Listenbee and Easley should be back.

Without additional moves the Bills "should" get a talent infusion. Gillmore, Z Brown, and Lorax situations bear watching but I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of 3 if not all 3 back with the team next year as well.

These are my thoughts in a nutshell.

Thinking to next year...

The Bills will get Ragland back which is essentially a free 2nd round pick, Shaq will have an offseason, they have their full complement of picks in the draft, Listenbee and Easley should be back.

Without additional moves the Bills "should" get a talent infusion. Gillmore, Z Brown, and Lorax situations bear watching but I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of 3 if not all 3 back with the team next year as well.

Ragland will likely step in for Zach Brown, here's to hoping he's just as good. Shaq might add depth if we can re-sign Lorax (I think we can as don't think he looking a massive contract and knows his role). Listenbee might replace Goodwin so again another lateral move. Easley, has our ST coverage been that bad we need him? Hopefully our GM can bring find a QB and/or a starting FS, depth TE and starting WR (as don't expect Woods back). Also Brandon Tate be important to keep as well as Douzable. I'd bring Gilmore back as long as Tyrod's contract is off the books.

Those of us who have lived through Jim Ringo (3-20), Harvey Johnson twice (2-23), John Rauch (7-20), Kay Stephenson (10-26) and Hank Bullough (4-17) don't automatically assume a new coach will be better than Rex.

Convince Cowher or Dungy to come out of retirement and I'm all for a coaching change.

But, otherwise, I lean toward continuity.

I was taught that you don't quit a job until you find a new one.

I'm fed up with the defense not being able to get off of the field when it's 3rd and long, supposedly his specialty. He'll still get his $.

That being said, who would replace him? Coughlin? Schwartz?

I would say we shouldn't fire Rex until we have a new coach lined up.

HC Swartz, OC Reich. That's it !

Hey ! Chicago ! Would that be. ...Aqualung ?!

Edited by SoulMan

It is interesting how you left out the items that BmarvB listed that those who want to give Rex a fair chance consider.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Those of us who have lived through Jim Ringo (3-20), Harvey Johnson twice (2-23), John Rauch (7-20), Kay Stephenson (10-26) and Hank Bullough (4-17) don't automatically assume a new coach will be better than Rex.

Convince Cowher or Dungy to come out of retirement and I'm all for a coaching change.

Oh yeah. I remember suffering through those guys :bag:

Bills were pretty much 8-8 in 2014. Patriots rested all there starters and didn't even try to win that last game at all

Then at best Rex was stagnant. I'm sick of stagnant mediocrity

Yeah because somebody who was been out of the league for close to a decade will pick it right back up.

The

Vote on firing Rex

poll is 60/40 keep him with nearly 300 votes. With the general tone on this board being negative, that means it's probably 2 to 1 keep him, despite the 7-7 record and no playoffs. I argue that when push comes to shove, 2 out of 3 fans simply do not want to see a complete restart again. What do you think the reason is? I don't know how many posters are on TBD, but 300 is a significant number of votes.

Fans are typically myopic and the poll is simply a reflection of last week's win.

If they beat Miami, 75% will want to keep Rex. If they lose to Miami 75% will want him gone.

The Vote on firing Rex

poll is 60/40 keep him with nearly 300 votes. With the general tone on this board being negative, that means it's probably 2 to 1 keep him, despite the 7-7 record and no playoffs. I argue that when push comes to shove, 2 out of 3 fans simply do not want to see a complete restart again. What do you think the reason is? I don't know how many posters are on TBD, but 300 is a significant number of votes.

Agreed. Good idea. I was curious where the community was on the topic. It did seem like a number of the no-fire votes were conditional in some way or other.

Those guys were before my time but how would you compare the talent levels on those teams compared to the team Rex inherited? It was also a different era with no salary cap so teams struggle to change their trajectory.

Rex isn't the worse coach in the NFL. I feel we can do so much better and I feel most coaches would have any drop off. Like Tyrod, I don't feel Rex is a difference maker one way or another.