Trump foreign policy

7 hours ago, ALF said:

His first mission was to smuggle war crimes evidence. Now it's to convince Congress to act

The horrifying pictures -- almost 55,000 of them, taken by him and others -- showed scenes that were compared to the depravity of the Nazis.

Caesar code name photos showing alleged torture of prisoners by Assad regime

But a world that said "Never Again" after the Holocaust appeared to shrug.

"I honestly thought that if I could have the courage to go for the years that I did ... endangering my life every single day, that once I came out and showed the world what I had, that the entire conscience of the world would move," he says.
But it didn't.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/08/politics/syria-defector-caesar-in-washington/index.html

These pictures are proof of crimes against humanity , warning very graphic

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2019/10/08/syrian-defector-begs-congress-for-action-bolduan-pkg-ath-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/around-the-world/

Why is it OUR problem?

It's not OUR problem. It's THEIR problem. Why should we expend blood and treasure for those people?

24 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why is it OUR problem?

It's not OUR problem. It's THEIR problem. Why should we expend blood and treasure for those people?

At the very least bring the evidence to the UN Security Council for a vote. When Russia vetoes any action then they are  complicit to be shamed and shunned  by the world. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I remember when some of the loudest protesters in this thread were once against our involvement in endless wars and regime change...

We shouldn't abandon our allies to death and slaughter. That's just pure evil 

9 hours ago, ALF said:

His first mission was to smuggle war crimes evidence. Now it's to convince Congress to act

The horrifying pictures -- almost 55,000 of them, taken by him and others -- showed scenes that were compared to the depravity of the Nazis.

Caesar code name photos showing alleged torture of prisoners by Assad regime

But a world that said "Never Again" after the Holocaust appeared to shrug.

We talking about Rwanda again?

"Never again" is the biggest lie in international politics.  

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I remember when some of the loudest protesters in this thread were once against our involvement in endless wars and regime change...

I remember when abandoning the Kurds to Assad and the Russians was sound, enlightened foreign policy.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We had 50 soldiers there. 

Are 50 enough to hold off the Turks? Nope. 

You're being spun up about this by the same people you've protested against for most of your time in PPP. You're just too far gone to realize you're being played. Hard.

If Turkey killed those 50 soldiers it's declaring war on the US.

23,400 US troops in S.Korea , can they stop N.Korea , of course not , same result.

Just now, ALF said:

If Turkey killed those 50 soldiers it's declaring war on the US.

23,400 US troops in S.Korea , can they stop N.Korea , of course not , same result.

So, you prefer to leave 50 hostages there who could be injured or killed (and thus pull us into a major shooting war with multiple nations)?

That's a big change from where you were under W. 

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, you prefer to leave 50 hostages there who could be injured or killed (and thus pull us into a major shooting war with multiple nations)?

That's a big change from where you were under W. 

Turkey did not dare kill those 50 and start a war with the US

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It wouldn't have to be Turkey to do it. Anyone could do it (like the MiC who lied about WMD in Iraq), and blame others, and spark a war. 

Which is the point.

Well the point now is do we let the Kurds get slaughtered ?

The Kurds lost 11,000 fighters defeating ISIS with a lot of US help. They are guarding 12,000 ISIS prisoners so far.

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We had 50 soldiers there. 

Are 50 enough to hold off the Turks? Nope. 

You're being spun up about this by the same people you've protested against for most of your time in PPP. You're just too far gone to realize you're being played. Hard.

Just popping in to point out that this is a very dumb thing to say, and shows your lack of understanding on the subject.  1 US soldier is enough to hold off the turks....they aren't going to do ***** if US has a presence there.

and LOL at you think anyone who disagrees with you was spun by the media.  Great way to go through life buddy

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It wouldn't have to be Turkey to do it. Anyone could do it (like the MiC who lied about WMD in Iraq), and blame others, and spark a war. 

Which is the point.

No your point was that that 50 soldiers wouldn't hold off the "turks."  That point was wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Crayola64 said:

Just popping in to point out that this is a very dumb thing to say, and shows your lack of understanding on the subject.  1 US soldier is enough to hold off the turks....they aren't going to do ***** if US has a presence there.

:lol:

If US soldiers were that influential, international politics would be a vastly different scene than it is.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ALF said:

Well the point now is do we let the Kurds get slaughtered ?

The Kurds lost 11,000 fighters defeating ISIS with a lot of US help. They are guarding 12,000 ISIS prisoners so far.

50 troops was not preventing this from happening. 

There are other ways and strategies which can protect the Kurds without risking US lives or risking a new flare up to prolong our involvement in a THIRD war in the ME in just the past decade. This includes continuing the partnership with the GCC which has been built up over the past three years in theater, and has borne fruit. 

Turkey, like it or not, is a NATO partner. Do you think it's wise to have us fighting an ally to defend (ultimately) Assad/Syria/Russia? I don't. Do you think it's worth keeping 50 (or so) fighters in the region who can be harmed/exploited/used to draw us into more unending sectarian conflict? 

The Kurds are friends and allies, no one is disputing this. But there are ways to protect them without leaving hostages for the MiC (global MiC) to use as pawns to assure their endless regime change wars continue unabated. 

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

:lol:

If US soldiers were that influential, international politics would be a vastly different scene than it is.

:lol: Exactly. 

Silly people make silly points when they rush into subjects where they're woefully underinformed. (Not talking about Alf whom I like a great deal)

10 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

The Trump regime says they are holding Turkey to their commitment to protect civilians.

What happens when civilians inevitably die?

Trump bends the knee and kisses Erdogon's ass some more?

We don’t want anything happening to Trump Tower Istanbul! 

17 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

The Trump regime says they are holding Turkey to their commitment to protect civilians.

What happens when civilians inevitably die?

Trump bends the knee and kisses Erdogon's ass some more?

Turkey is in NATO. Do we hate NATO this week after years of screaming Trump making anti-NATO statements was a threat to global stability? 

Man, it must be tough to keep your positions straight when you constantly allow yourself to be misled by proven liars and manipulators. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Turkey is in NATO. Do we hate NATO this week after years of screaming Trump making anti-NATO statements was a threat to global stability? 

Man, it must be tough to keep your positions straight when you constantly allow yourself to be misled by proven liars and manipulators. 

nutjob says what?