Trump foreign policy

40 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Been a day so far for me so I've been slow to getting online -- but there's a lot of fear mongering going on regarding this topic. Iran wants war, it's the only thing that can prolong/save the Mullahs from being overthrown from within. Many in the media want war because it'll allow them to cover something other than what's going to be hitting re: Russia/Trump investigations. Many establishment neocon/neoliberal types still inside the government and IC want war for the same reasons. 

There won't be a war or invasion of Iran. I don't know what the response will be, but am confident it won't be that. Air strikes? Perhaps. Some sort of special operation missions? Almost certainly. But troops marching across borders and invading? Not gonna happen.

The Mullahs have been taking it on the chin for going on two years now, both in the economic realm and on the battlefield in various theaters. This is their last card they have left to play. The US will not let them get a bomb (because that means letting Hezbollah/Hamas have the bomb). The Iranian people won't let the Mullah's hang on forever. Their time is almost up... 

(imo of course)

We always had to temper our actions with the consideration of the oil trade and how any great restriction would affect us and the rest of the world. With our new found energy independence being tough with Iran has little to no political repercussions as it pertains to shortages or big price increases at home. Basically we have the entire ME behind us in whatever we choose to do. We are in a better position now to deal with Iran than we have been for the last 40 years. Iran needs to tread very lightly here or they'll lose their refineries and have more hell to pay at home when even their people have no fuel.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You want him to be blackmailed by Iran, that is what would make him strong in your eyes?

They are building a nuke again. Sure sounds like blackmail was working. Call it what you want, it worked.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We always had to temper our actions with the consideration of the oil trade and how any great restriction would affect us and the rest of the world. With our new found energy independence being tough with Iran has little to no political repercussions as it pertains to shortages or big price increases at home. Basically we have the entire ME behind us in whatever we choose to do. We are in a better position now to deal with Iran than we have been for the last 40 years. Iran needs to tread very lightly here or they'll lose their refineries and have more hell to pay at home when even their people have no fuel.

Iran is shooting! You call that careful?? ?Iran is acting like they think Trump is a big mouth punk 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They are building a nuke again. Sure sounds like blackmail was working. Call it what you want, it worked.

You have to not only be the least politically savvy person here but the dumbest in every other matter too.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I want him to go back to the Obama policy that actually worked. Iran sees Trump as just a big mouth punk and they are attacking. 

Obama didn't "work."

The suggestion that the attempt to build a nuclear weapon was stopped during Obama is pure fantasy.

Iran, and especially the Revolutionary guard have been very bad actors for a very long tome under  many administrations.

They run on ships in the Strait of Hormuz, they shoot at drones in international airspace, and attempt to hack them.

I'm guessing there will be very limited response to this. Something, but very limited, and certainly not what has been planned to eliminate their nuclear program, which is going to involve a massive bunker busting campaign, and not yet.

What I would expect is that if the Iranian Navy runs one of their little speed boats in an aggressive manner against a combatant, it will be destroyed.

The rules of engagement will be interpreted in a manner which will not permit any Iranian aggression.

No more "watch, warn and complain."

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Obama didn't "work."

The suggestion that the attempt to build a nuclear weapon was stopped during Obama is pure fantasy.

Iran, and especially the Revolutionary guard have been very bad actors for a very long tome under  many administrations.

They run on ships in the Strait of Hormuz, they shoot at drones in international airspace, and attempt to hack them.

I'm guessing there will be very limited response to this. Something, but very limited, and certainly not what has been planned to eliminate their nuclear program, which is going to involve a massive bunker busting campaign, and not yet.

What I would expect is that if the Iranian Navy runs one of their little speed boats in an aggressive manner against a combatant, it will be destroyed.

The rules of engagement will be interpreted in a manner which will not permit any Iranian aggression.

No more "watch, warn and complain."

Just stop, you are making up stuff. That's what supporting Trump forces you to do, to lie. 

Obama got Iran to give up nukes, let inspectors in and I don't recall tankers being shot up or Iran shooting our drones down. Trump is an ignorant, arrogant punk and Iran is calling him on it 

• Haha (+1) 1

Oh, oh, I bet I know, Trump has business deals with the Saudi scum! 

Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) declared from the Senate floor: “I must say, even in closed-door briefings with senators, the administration doesn’t spell out a strategy. This is not how democracy is supposed to work, and this is not how even the CEO of a major company should behave — with no articulated strategy. The president needs to explain to the American people why he is driving us towards another endless conflict in the Middle East.” On Saudi Arabia specifically, Schumer explained that the Senate was denying “the transfer of tens of thousands of precision-guided munitions that the Saudis have previously used to bomb innocent civilians in Yemen.”

7 hours ago, McGee Return TD said:

Trump shut out by his cabinet and/or does he just not care? 

Wow! 

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

2019-06-20_13-43-33.thumb.png.57d940d54a894d989513a52088559c58.png

This is about as deep as you go Hedge. You are a complete idiot. 

Hedge is a typical member of the Trump base, ignorant, arrogant and easily led. 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Iran is shooting! You call that careful?? ?Iran is acting like they think Trump is a big mouth punk 

Iran has huge unemployment and huge inflation.  Very hard to fix that.  They're leadership is under tremendous economic stress.  If we retaliate in a limited fashion, they will almost certainly escalate.  Escalation won't mean an attack on U.S. soil but rather something in the region, Israel or Saudi Arabia or maybe Iraq.  That's messy for us. 

As much as I'd like to see us blow Iran to bits, it doesn't seem smart.  Better to protect our allies over there and the shipping lanes without confrontation and let the economic pressure endure.

That said I wouldn't be at all surprised if we respond militarily in some small way. 

Edited by keepthefaith

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Just stop, you are making up stuff. That's what supporting Trump forces you to do, to lie. 

Obama got Iran to give up nukes, let inspectors in and I don't recall tankers being shot up or Iran shooting our drones down. Trump is an ignorant, arrogant punk and Iran is calling him on it 

Making stuff up?

Let's start with the second lie, which is that I have ever supported Trump.

Never have, and that has nothing to do with Iran.

What I have done is fly off a carrier in that area, did my first, (and only), hostile intercept locking up an Iranian P3 with my sidewinder,  and threatened to kill him if he opened any weapons doors, became extremely familiar with Iranian air defense,  toasted a friend of mine who dropped a 500 lb laser guided bomb down the stack of  the Sabalan, leaving it  burning, but choosing not to sink it, have followed this situation closely for years, and kind of know what's going on.

I am quite confident I am not "making stuff up," and equally confident that if the US decide to take out Iran's nuclear bomb plan, how it will go.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Making stuff up?

What I have done is fly off a carrier in that area, did my first, (and only), hostile intercept locking up an Iranian P3 with my sidewinder,  and threatened to kill him if he opened any weapons doors, became extremely familiar with Iranian air defense,  toasted a friend of mine who dropped a 500 lb laser guided bomb down the stack of  the Sabalan, leaving it  burning, but choosing not to sink it, have followed this situation closely for years, and kind of know what's going on.

I am quite confident I am not "making stuff up," and equally confident that if the US decide to take out Iran's nuclear bomb plan, how it will go.

Tibs is just here for your amusement, sometimes you get to laugh over the brain-less things he contributes here

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Making stuff up?

See my post above. Even Trump SD wants them to go back to what did work. Talk about incompetence! 

Just now, row_33 said:

Tibs is just here for your amusement, sometimes you get to laugh over the brain-less things he contributes here

When this clown needs to step in an attack me it's usually because Trump world is butt hurt pretty bad, lol! Row might even be less intelligent than Hedge, sad, so very ? 

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Seriously Tibs, you suffer from gross reality distortion, based on an out of control political bias.

Iran has never stopped it's nuclear weapons program because of some "skilled" US administration, and it never will.

Iran is a very bad actor, responsible for many, many US deaths, plays brinkmanship games with its Iranian Revolutionary Guard, and gets is ass kicked every time its Navy gets aggressive.

This shootdown will not prove to be a plus for them. 

Had this been a manned airplane, there wouldn't be an Iranian ship above the water line today.

Edited by sherpa
duplicate
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm just hoping Trump doesn't make a bigger mistake.

Which is exactly what Iran, the news media, and defense contractors are hoping for (just like last time.)

This whole thing is another Spanish American War/Gulf of Tonkin/WMDs.

Trump sez and had said all along he doesn't want any stupid wars.  I hope he sticks to it.

REMEMBER the MAINE

DOMINO THEORY/GULF OF TONKIN

WMDs 

Come on people. Don't fall for it again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

Making stuff up?

Tiberius exists here for target practice. Feel free to use a sidewinder on him; everyone here will give you an alibi.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:22 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

No, I don't think so. I think if you look at things through the lens of the simplest and most rational explanation, the millions of Arab and Persian Islamic savages in that region and their malfeasance are the reason. Not the Jews. I'm pretty clearly mocking your anti-Semitic canards. 

As for what I think we should do? We should take the cuffs off Israel, while simultaneously cutting military aid to them. Frankly, I'd enjoy seeing them kick the collective backsides of their enemies.

Agree. 

I don't have anything against jews. I'm starting to really ignore the labels these days as well. Anti-Semetic, homophobic, Islamophobic. I feel they are just fabricated purgatives designed to end and win a discussion. If you question anything close to being critical of one of these groups the word is deployed to get you backpedaling and against the ropes. Essentially a "win" button on a game controller. Anyway, this is a side issue.

There is a lot of what the US does that I hate. But I'm convinced it's not the will of the American people. Most people don't care whats going on in Syria, Lybia etc. So it's not the desire of the citizens that drive the policy. I don't hate America or Americans. I hate the tiny amount of high level criminals that make this stuff happen. I apply the same perspective to Israel. It's possible, that it's just the leadership. Not the people as a whole.