The 12 Best Coaching Candidates...what about Dave Toub?

Rubes

Well those coaches will have to want to come to Buffalo. It's a hard sell knowing they only have two years to get to the playoffs or get fired.

That's not a true statement and pretty silly. If Rex did anything besides talk he would have been in Buffalo longer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting idea. Most HCs are either the de facto OC or the de facto DC. A football guy like Toub with reputedly good leadership skills could hold his OC and DC accountable for their results. A typical HC isn't usually good at holding himself accountable in his coordinator role.

I was thinking something similar. Above all, what I want this time is a HC who has a real OC and a real DC and is reserving overall gameplan review on all sides of the ball and game management for himself.

A ST coach might be a good choice for this reason, provided he hires a real ST coordinator.

Rubes - interesting article. Josh McDaniel is intriguing. Lots of HC over history are better their second time around. In retrospect, he was probably not ready at the time, but he's now been under one of the best coaches in history.

Except this would be McDaniel's THIRD shot - once with the Broncos, set them back a couple years, twice with the Rams, did not help that organization.

I would really like to try a talented coordinator this time, not a retread HC.

What did he do?

2006: DUI 2009: really weird "aggravated burglary" arrest : "In June 27, 2009, a woman said he climbed through an apartment window, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with her, the AP reported July 2, 2009. Knoxville police spokesman Darrell DeBusk said at the time that there was no indication Cooter knew the woman."

Jim bob mother!@#$ing cooter

Apparently none of that mother!@#$ing went down, just stripped down to his underwear and climbed in bed with some woman he didn't know.

I would really like someone who has experience on a successful organization, so that they're well grounded on what that looks like.

probably drunk, no one just stays in the bed, seems like a long time ago. I'm not advocating for him as I liked other guys on the list but just saying.

Yeah he probably was drunk. I'm someone who doesn't "blackout" so I can't imagine doing something so dumb. I'm either conscious or unconscious. With that said plenty of guys couldn't find work anywhere after being labeled sex offenders for the same crime. In fact this actually happened to someone where I grew up. He did the exact same thing drunk. How many rapists are drunk? Is that an excuse? It's not a good look. He just got out of it because it happened in Knoxville where he played college ball. Just wait until the national media, and women's groups get ahold of that story. You'd be firing him on the spot.

I think it says a lot about him that the two teams interested in him are the two teams that play him twice a year.

If we don't interview him it says a lot about Whaley. I've defended him, but he looks more and more like a control freak who can't get along with anyone.

The 12 best NFL coaching candidates, and the one that teams are too scared to hire

Yes, I know...it's LaConjecture. But Toub is an amazing special teams coach, and some of the great things other NFL people have to say about him would make me interested in giving him a shot if Rex is canned. Here's a guy who can come in and hire good OC and DC people without being a specific "offensive" or "defensive" guy taking over one side of the ball.

Fire away.

LaConjecture is actually OK when he's actually analyzing football stuff, not dealing in rumors.

I'm interested in Toub.