Sammy Talking Again

plenzmd1

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/buffalo_bills_wr_sammy_watkins_it_takes_passing_to_win_games.html

Hmm...this place is falling apart at the seams...Whaley Ripping Rex, team Rex firing back, Sammy batting on Tyrod...when we gunna hear from Team Tyrod?

I think everybody watching film sees that I'm getting open," Watkins said. "It's not just that he's not getting me the ball. Most of the time I'm about to get the ball but it's a pressure situation and I be wide open. I think about flipping out and having bad body language, but you can't do that. You have to move on to the next play.

"I look on film and I'll be angry or mad like, 'Was I open? or 'Do I get open?' Because you second guess yourself when you're not getting the ball, but once I look back I'll be like, man, I did a great job on that play. I did my job. That's the only thing you can do at this point."

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is wrong with that guy? A receiver who doesn't want to just be a blocker?

And he's 100% right. You don't think they get frustrated getting missed all the time when they get open? If anything, they have been awesome about not complaining to the press. The refs want you to throw the ball. They want to all PI. And we're not even talking about 300 yards. It's a chore for us to get to 200. We run a Wing T offense in the NFL.

I thought those were honest and fair comments from him. Nothing controversial here, as far as I'm concerned.

I totally agree. If I were Sammy, I'd be straight up pissed-off! He's been getting open, yet is rarely thrown the ball. He's our primary receiver, yet we focus on everything but Sammy. I appreciate his honesty and passion for wanting to win. In fact, I think he's been incredibly conservative in his comments. Think of how TO, Irvin, or Rice would be screaming if they had Tyrod on their teams!!

You gain nothing by talking to the media. If you have a problem then deal with it in house, not all that difficult. Nothing gained by making these comments.

Players and coaches have to talk to the media...it's part of their contract..If they are like Marshawn Lynch and don't talk they get fined...what would you like Sammy to say?

From the article - "Like I said, there's certain situations where a guy is right in his face and there's pressure, and I'm like, 'Ah!' You want to be mad, but at the same time, you go can't. You watch film and see, 'Oh he had somebody in his face, he couldn't throw it to me. Those are the things you can't control, the line or what goes on back there."

I thought those were honest and fair comments from him. Nothing controversial here, as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty straight forward.

Where did Whaley rip Rex and Rex fire back?

That is in a different article that cant be produced because it never happened