Guess how many teams...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From here on out, I say we give every coach 2 years. If you don't make the playoffs...you're FIRED.

Even better - if you DO make the playoffs, you get an automatic 10 year contract extension.

Let's base all of our future decisions on the past 15 years.

Great plan.

Being proven out right before our eyes, you can't win with the 32nd and last ranked passing attack, even though the defense is middle of the pack and the rush attack is 1st overall.

I digress though apparently some feel 9-7 and missing the playoffs is winning.

Being proven out right before our eyes, you can't win with the 32nd and last ranked passing attack, even though the defense is middle of the pack and the rush attack is 1st overall.

I digress though apparently some feel 9-7 and missing the playoffs is winning.

I think all that it's proven is that you can't win with the #1 rushing offense/last ranked passing offense, unless you have a top 5 defense. These things need to go hand in hand imo. If we aren't going to have a boss defense, then we can't really play a ball control style offense.

However if Rex had delivered the bully/punshing #1 defense he promised, we probably make the playoffs.

#1 d in scoring - 16.6 ppg allowed. We're averaging 25.6 ppg scoring

#1 d in yards - 306.5 ypg allowed. We're averaging 346.2 ypg.

Edited by dneveu

I would say now is the time when your subjective view of a matter overrides the objective, tangible data. For the 100th time, scoring isnt some weird, arbitrary stat. Its THE FUNDAMENTAL STAT. And for TWO seasons now we score at a top 10 level. Talk about refusing to accept the obvious.

Lol my dad who was a statition always said "stats don't lie, but statitions do" which was his way of saying stats in a vacuum tell you nothing! What does:

Scoring O: 9th 25.9 pointers a game, Overall O: 19th

Scoring D : 14th 22.4 points a game, Overall D: 16th

Now look at your record about middle of the round andbon the playoff bubble. Looking at these stats above that's seems about right.

Lol my dad who was a statition always said "stats don't lie, but statitions do" which was his way of saying stats in a vacuum tell you nothing! What does:

Scoring O: 9th 25.9 pointers a game, Overall O: 19th

Scoring D : 14th 22.4 points a game, Overall D: 16th

Now look at your record about middle of the round andbon the playoff bubble. Looking at these stats above that's seems about right.

That gives you just about 7 and 7; you are what your record says you are....

Ahhhh. That should absolve the non existent passing attack then.

Run it back!

It's not non-existent. It's not a passing based offense, by design. But as it is designed, it can't overcome the failures of this gutless defense (except for KW, of course).

have more offensive touchdowns than the Bills this season?

Two. The Falcons and the Saints.

Blow the whole thing up.

Metz we know the offense can score. And it's a good RT away from being solid ( OK maybe another good option at WR) never been the issue... It's this garbage Defense that can't get out of it's own way that's the problem.

It's not non-existent. It's not a passing based offense, by design. But as it is designed, it can't overcome the failures of this gutless defense (except for KW, of course).

Your missing the point in today's NFL you NEED have a passing offense of some kind. Why? Because when your trailing by 9 with 5!minutes to go you need be able to score semi quickly.

OR - you need to not fall behind by having one of those tough defenses like Denver, Houston, Minnesota, or Seattle.

What's easier? To get a good passing QB or have a good defense?

I think most people are saying the pass offense only needs to be middle ranked and the team would be much better, yet the defense is middle ranked and people say nope, not good enough, they need to be top 5 dammit or they suck.

9 points, heck 4 points behind and this team can't recover because of no pass attack.

What's easier? To get a good passing QB or have a good defense?

I think most people are saying the pass offense only needs to be middle ranked and the team would be much better, yet the defense is middle ranked and people say nope, not good enough, they need to be top 5 dammit or they suck.

9 points, heck 4 points behind and this team can't recover because of no pass attack.

Its taken us 2 decades to find a "good passing QB." We've had several outstanding defenses in that period. Im surprised a Bills fan would have this thought process.

OR - you need to not fall behind by having one of those tough defenses like Denver, Houston, Minnesota, or Seattle.

lol ALL those D have terrible Os go with them besides Seattle. And Seattle D needed that passing O beat the Bills AND NE this year otherwise they get destroyed. Also a chance of 3 of hose 4 "great" D miss the playoffs this year as well.

To be successful you need a passing O in the modern NFL, even Seattle with beast mode had a passing game that had to be respected.

if the D doesn't allow career days to Fitzpatrick and ajayi, then this conversation most likely doesn't happen.

!@#$in fitzpatrick, that bastard came back for that one !@#$in game. All offseason he seethed and studied, just to come out and whoop that ass. The rest of the season he sucked ass, damnnn. Ajai..well, !@#$ him

Does anyone not think having a qb capable of passing for 200 yards would hurt McCoy and our running game? No one is saying to blow things up. Taylor is great on option plays but it would be awesome to make defense pay for stacking the box. My God, Nick Foles had an unbelievable season playing with McCoy.