Watch, Elway will find a QB

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A "real" organization would have locked up Dumervil instead of losing him to a clerical error, signed Von a year earlier before he was superbowl MVP, and kept Osweiler happy enough to stay.

We'll see if your prediction comes true. If its a proven guy, I guess Foles and Romo are the targets, but they have huge injury and consistency issues. Maybe there's a genius solution out there, but I don't expect to see Denver doing anything but declining unless Trevor improves significantly.

Or, they realized that he is not good and no where near worth the money that he wanted and got in Houston. Letting him walk was a brilliant move.

I agree with OP, they will bring in a QB. Fortunately for them, they are a good enough franchise where someone like Romo or Brees or Rivers or whoever may be available, would love to join them...the Bills...I'm not so sure we can get a top guy to chose to come here over a franchise like that.

Edited by Mark80

If you look just at Denver game YESTERDAY.. The QB had no time and he had 3 drops from Thomas alone (not counting the 4th down drop where McCourty separated him from the ball) as well as at least 3-4 other drops. And outside of that poor decision on that INT he played very well.

Then I feel you have not watched the Broncos . Their woes are less QB related and more O line and drops related. (Thomas killed them yesterday with his drops.)

True. I only watched a couple games. And in those games Siemian was less than impressive. I'm sure they have plenty of areas that need improvement based on their record.

Side Note: On this forum you can't blame receivers for dropping balls. It is ALWAYS the quarterbacks's fault for not placing the ball better and that includes passes the receivers catch but don't run for touchdowns. That is what we have been led to believe here.

If you look just at Denver game YESTERDAY.. The QB had no time and he had 3 drops from Thomas alone (not counting the 4th down drop where McCourty separated him from the ball) as well as at least 3-4 other drops. And outside of that poor decision on that INT he played very well.

No doubt Siemian has managed the position very well. I just don't think Elway is going to sit tight with him and Lynch as the only options heading into next season. I think Elway will try to find a QB who can actually win games, not just manage them. Again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Let's play that game, Wilson was an OK QB. I say fair when they won the SB. If he was taking over just now with no running game? Yes he would probably suck! He was able to develop thanks to Beast mode being there so with there inability run this year I say that would kill a first year starting QB. (Or even in last year)

We obviously feel differently about the kind of player Wilson was at that stage in his career. I'm not going to argue that the circumstances were favourable to him as a rookie but Russ has always had that capacity to turn the game upside down.

I think he's the type of player that can adapt to poor situations and I don't think he loses that mental side of his game. That's what I'm talking about with the 'right selections'. QB is far more than just the ability to throw a pass, invest in the mental makeup.

No doubt Siemian has managed the position very well. I just don't think Elway is going to sit tight with him and Lynch as the only options heading into next season. I think Elway will try to find a QB who can actually win games, not just manage them. Again, I could be wrong. Time will tell.

He either needs get better O lineman or pry scar away from NE to coach up the lineman he has. (Pats Oline sucked last year and this same group came back this year and are playing AMAZINGLY well..)

I also don't see any great QBs coming out of college or being available in FA air trade. (With their O line, Romo last TOPS 2 games!)

If you want to see how a real organization behaves - watch what John Elway does this offseason. I'll put my chips on the table that he goes out and finds a solid QB to leverage his historically great defense while their window to win stays open. He won't be content to hand the keys to Lynch or Siemian (though notice he drafted two last year, one first and one last). Be it Romo or Biridgewater or someone else, I'm guessing Elway recognizes you need a QB to win games and does what it takes to find one.

Wish Whaley would take the same approach...

This "real organization" played 2016 with a much worse QB situation than Buffalo. They have the same opportunity for Romo, etc. going forward as the Bills do. They have a project QB in Lynch sitting on their bench - same as Bills - only difference is that they spent a 1st and Whaley spent a 4th. And anyone that thinks Elway would not have been thrilled to have Tyrod Taylor as his QB this year is nuts.

Edited by Flip Johnson

We obviously feel differently about the kind of player Wilson was at that stage in his career. I'm not going to argue that the circumstances were favourable to him as a rookie but Russ has always had that capacity to turn the game upside down.

I think he's the type of player that can adapt to poor situations and I don't think he loses that mental side of his game. That's what I'm talking about with the 'right selections'. QB is far more than just the ability to throw a pass, invest in the mental makeup.

We will have to disagree on it is all.. no worries. I am a firm believer (obviously) that you can find a star QB in any round. Just takes a little bit of luck and patience.

And yet - they've scored 13 points over the last 2 games. And he had 2 lousy games against San Diego.

There's a good chance they miss the playoffs. There's also a pretty good percentage of people that think it would largely rest on his shoulders.

50-88 506 yards 1TD 1int. offense scored 32 pts defense gave up 48 pts for both Charger games and he is considered to have two lousy games. TT does way worse than that and defense gets blamed, or the WR get blamed, or the coaches get blamed, etc..

35-51 334yards 1TD against a hot Titans team on the road

25-40 282yards 1int against the Pats, who are pretty damn good

If TT does that every excuse is made for him on why it's not his fault they lost.

Oh by the way since the few starts excuse has been used in TT defense at nauseum, then I should be ok that Siemien is in his second year and had 12 starts not his 6th year and 28 starts.

IDK, the kid has had 3 300 yard games this year and 4 multiple TD games.

I think Siemien is ok but he needs to show alot more, he's still young and raw. I'd take him in Buffalo.

Edited by old school

50-88 506 yards 1TD 1int. offense scored 32 pts defense gave up 48 pts for both Charger games and he is considered to have two lousy games. TT does way worse than that and defense gets blamed, or the WR get blamed, or the coaches get blamed, etc..

35-51 334yards 1TD against a hot Titans team on the road

25-40 282yards 1int against the Pats, who are pretty damn good

If TT does that every excuse is made for him on why it's not his fault they lost.

Oh by the way since the few starts excuse has been used in TT defense at nauseum, then I should be ok that Siemien is in his second year and had 12 starts not his 6th year and 28 starts.

IDK, the kid has had 3 300 yard games this year and 4 multiple TD games.

I think Siemien is ok but he needs to show alot more, he's still young and raw.

Elway knows QB play, and Siemien isn't great but he isn't the major problem either. (How disheartening is it to a young QB to throw a perfect bomb while getting hit just to have it go threw your WR hands and hit his stomach. Brady would lose his **** on the sideline after a drop like that.)

FWIW - I have a relation who worked in the Broncos organization...the Broncos loved TT...as well this guy hated Lynch (was in on the visit) - thought he was a goof ball - but obviously not going to say that to Elway...

Elway has two promising young QBs already. What he should do - and likely will, as it's been Denver's MO since he was a player - is get that O-Line back up to being elite.

They won the Super Bowl a year ago. They've got a decent looking future (IMO) with the QBs. Their defense is still stellar.

Broncos are in fine shape.

Buffalo - 9th in pts/g

Denver - 21st in pts/g

Points don't actually SHOW A QB performance. Siemiens can't throw and catch the ball and the games I have seen the Denver WR had the dropsies. Add in a God awful O line and a league worse Run O and you get that Offense.

Oh and most Denver fans agree with me that it isn't the QB I would defer to their knowledge of their team.

Edited by PatsFanNH

He tried. He drafted two (including one with his first pick, something the Bills have never done as a franchise). He also tried to re-sign Osweiler at a reasonable rate but the Texans handed him a ridiculous contract.

Seeing how he's played in Houston, I think that was addition by subtraction. Nothing like coming in as a high-priced free agent and getting benched...