Buffalo News and their agenda...

Big Turk

Only problem with this is we have a QB that executes this offense. Team has scored the most points in 25 years and thinking a QB change puts us over the top is actually quite bizarre because our defense has been failing all year...

Exactly, the offense has failed in some big spots, no doubt. But the D never picked them up when they needed to. It's just one of those years that on paper, the Bills O and D don't look bad. But in some big games vs. solid opponents, they didn't work in sync to seal the deal. The offense under Tyrod has put points on the board all year. I heard two NFL players say yesterday that they won because their teams played "complementary" football. The Bills didn't do that enough this year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Bills fan in their right mind could be expecting playoffs at this point. "Competitive" and "mediocre" are synonyms in the NFL, and whether we finish 7-9 or 9-7, we are both. 8 or 9 wins is about the most that you can get without a QB, and that's only if the rest of the roster is decent. So we're going to end up with the expected outcome for the 2nd straight season, and possibly fire the coach over it, as if the carousel isn't the 2nd biggest reason why we never improve (1st obviously being QB).

Personally I was thinking 9-7 realistically or 10-6 optimistically at the beginning of the season, for the same reasons. I like TT but I just don't think he's a franchise guy. There are exceptions but the top teams in the league have their franchise guy in place. And of course the last time the Bills were consistently in the playoffs was with a HOF QB.

So at this point it looks like the team has a decent roster but not the QB. Where do we find one?

In the end, the Bills D should have hung on vs. Jets and/or Miami, Oakland. Hold on in two of those games and they are looking pretty good. Whether by injury or poor coaching/execution I'm still more upset by the defensive performance this year...

In the end, the Bills D should have hung on vs. Jets and/or Miami, Oakland. Hold on in two of those games and they are looking pretty good. Whether by injury or poor coaching/execution I'm still more upset by the defensive performance this year...

Those are the games I looks back on. The Jets game or the Miami game.

If the defense shows up for either of those, or both, this season is a playoff season.

Those are the games I looks back on. The Jets game or the Miami game.

If the defense shows up for either of those, or both, this season is a playoff season.

Do not overlook the Ravens' game that was there for the taking with just a little production from the offense.

I think the way a lot of us look at it here is either tweak and give Rex 1 more year or if Rex goes completely level the entire front office and build from the ground up with a new GM who puts his coach in place and brings in talent to fit that scheme. In today's NFL it is all about players that fit the scheme.

Ding Ding Ding - Winner!

Do not overlook the Ravens' game that was there for the taking with just a little production from the offense.

True as well...

There are failings on both sides of the ball...The D not getting off the field is one thing and the offense going 3 and out repeatedly or missing/not throwing to wide open WRs does not help either and further exposes a D that is getting their as$e$ handed to them...

Yea that too.

Or if the defense doesn't give up that long TD.

To me, it's coaching. It's been really bad game plans and coaching this year.

What about the half-hearted effort against the Steelers last week? We weren't even trying to tackle...How much is that on the players?

The funny thing is, when you get out of Buffalo and listen to out of town sports talk (which i do).... other markets are still high on Rex and say they would grab Tyrod as well. Basically the fans/media in other cities think Buffalo is very close and can't believe the program would get "blown up" if they finish 8-8 or whatever.

True as well...

There are failings on both sides of the ball...The D not getting off the field is one thing and the offense going 3 and out repeatedly or missing/not throwing to wide open WRs does not help either and further exposes a D that is getting their as$e$ handed to them...

What about the half-hearted effort against the Steelers last week? We weren't even trying to tackle...How much is that on the players?

Did you listen to Rex's presser on the Monday after? He basically admitted that the game plan was ****. He said something like "we tried to take away their pass game..." and that he didn't think they would be able to run on the Bills. Like he was amazed that it happened.

I mean the guy just doesn't know how to game plan week in and week out. Occasionally he puts a good one together but they are few and far between.

Did you listen to Rex's presser on the Monday after? He basically admitted that the game plan was ****. He said something like "we tried to take away their pass game..." and that he didn't think they would be able to run on the Bills. Like he was amazed that it happened.

I mean the guy just doesn't know how to game plan week in and week out. Occasionally he puts a good one together but they are few and far between.

Gotta take away Bell as the 1st priority.

I wasn't standing up for Rex btw. just saying that both areas have their faults. Regardless of the game plan, the players on defense were in position to get Bell; they didn't tackle him - at all really. How about the fast paced walk in the end zone when we just stood there and watched?

No one should be amazed that a team could run on us. I can't remember the last time we were known as a stout run defense...

My premise is you either stay the course with Rex for another year or 2 or you blow the whole damn thing up with the Front Office. Much like the fact that we have troubles on both sides of the ball, the coaching isn't great and neither is the front office...

Gotta take away Bell as the 1st priority.

Especially in a snowy game :oops:

Look at the preseason predictions and the Bills are right where they should be. The rebuild was a three year project. Good draft class this year,

Show me where anyone in the Bills organization said it was a 3-year rebuild when Rex was hired. And tell that to the Titans. And what is this "good draft class" you are referring to? Certainly not 2016, right? Edited by mannc

I wasn't standing up for Rex btw. just saying that both areas have their faults. Regardless of the game plan, the players on defense were in position to get Bell; they didn't tackle him - at all really. How about the fast paced walk in the end zone when we just stood there and watched?

No one should be amazed that a team could run on us. I can't remember the last time we were known as a stout run defense...

My premise is you either stay the course with Rex for another year or 2 or you blow the whole damn thing up with the Front Office. Much like the fact that we have troubles on both sides of the ball, the coaching isn't great and neither is the front office...

Especially in a snowy game :oops:

I don't have any problem with that argument and I didn't think you were standing up for him.

I guess where I am at is, if Rex coaches better or puts in a better game plan, the Bills have 10 wins, maybe 11 at seasons end. The Bills beat the teams they should have beat, except the Jets and Miami. They lost to the teams they probably should have lost to.They could have possibly taken a game from a team they shouldn't have beat, Ravens, Seahawks, Raiders or Steelers. I think coaching gets you those wins.

Now, if going 10-6 and squeeking into the playoffs isn't the ultimate goal, which is shouldn't be, then the rest falls on not having a QB. Whaleys department. With a QB, I believe the Bills could have easily beaten the Steelers, Raiders and Ravens. So that puts you at challenging for the division.

I think overall Whaley has done an ok job, but for most GMs and the QB position, it's a guessing game. The next guy will be guessing too. It comes down to, do you want Whaley guessing or someone else?

Show me where anyone in the Bills organization said it was a 3-year rebuild when Rex was hired. And tell that to the Titans. And what is this "good draft class" you are referring to? Certainly not 2016, right?

Right when Marrone walked off and Rex was brought in, they (and we) thought they had a window of a few years to make noise.... the window is pretty much gone

Edited by May Day 10

The funny thing is, when you get out of Buffalo and listen to out of town sports talk (which i do).... other markets are still high on Rex and say they would grab Tyrod as well. Basically the fans/media in other cities think Buffalo is very close and can't believe the program would get "blown up" if they finish 8-8 or whatever.

Mexico City or London?

Look, it would be impossible for you to back any of that up so I won't even ask. "basically", I think you made that up.

My guess is that "other markets" quietly chuckle at the ever struggling Buffalo Bills and their predictably bad but funny (not in a good way) HC choice.

If the front office trash has zero accountability from Ralph and now Pegs for the historically poor job they are doing, the Buffalo News is 100% correct to hold their feet to the fire; it is exactly what they deserve. I salute Tim Graham, Sully, and crew for a job well done.

Bills beat the Browns. Hope the media would hold them to a bit higher standard when they play the bottom feeders.

exactly my thought. TT had some awful throws that receivers made great catches on. And TT can't get anything to Woods or Watkins when playing the Browns. It's like he picks one WR/TE to feature each week.

exactly my thought. TT had some awful throws that receivers made great catches on. And TT can't get anything to Woods or Watkins when playing the Browns. It's like he picks one WR/TE to feature each week.

So true.

If I were a WR or TE on this team, I'd be taking TT out to dinner every week, Looks like Clay picked up the tab this week.