Let's get offended

I've gotten great enjoyment out of the crazy Mizzou thread and all the ridiculous stuff that offends people. Some of them are so outrageous they seem fake. The latest one about the "Baby it's Cold Outside" song got me thinking and I think as a group we are up to the task.

We can:

Collaborate in this thread about determining something "offensive", who it offends, why, and how to remediate it. It has to be completely absurd....but also with a tiny shred of believability....and also something new. I don't think we can use a song for example because that has been taken. We could use an old TV show, a type of old product like a car, or a refrigerator, a food......anything.

If you have any ideas submit them here and once we all agree:

We can Tweet, Facebook, and do all sorts of other crap like that....get our friends to do it and figure out a way of calling attention to it at some college campuses somehow. How fun would it be if we could make it grab some attention?

Liberals and conservatives are welcome to contribute ideas and eventually spread the word.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I've gotten great enjoyment out of the crazy Mizzou thread and all the ridiculous stuff that offends people. Some of them are so outrageous they seem fake. The latest one about the "Baby it's Cold Outside" song got me thinking and I think as a group we are up to the task.

We can:

Collaborate in this thread about determining something "offensive", who it offends, why, and how to remediate it. It has to be completely absurd....but also with a tiny shred of believability....and also something new. I don't think we can use a song for example because that has been taken. We could use an old TV show, a type of old product like a car, or a refrigerator, a food......anything.

If you have any ideas submit them here and once we all agree:

We can Tweet, Facebook, and do all sorts of other crap like that....get our friends to do it and figure out a way of calling attention to it at some college campuses somehow. How fun would it be if we could make it grab some attention.

Liberals and conservatives are welcome to contribute ideas and eventually spread the word.

I'm pretty sure the SJWs are offended when I call them the "Offensensitivity Brigade."

pic2489278.jpg

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so !@#$ what." -- Stephen Fry

CZ5xwK4WcAIsNxf.jpg

mVgKhMw.jpg

I'm offended by NYC Mayor Billy D setting up therapy opportunities for city workers devastated by Trump's victory over Hill'ry. Couldn't Chuck "Focus your camera here, please" Schumer bring that sort of millennial solace to the rest of the state with federal funding. Picture mobile therapy rooms visiting out-of-the-way burgs spreading warm chai, croissants and pre-warmed binkys.

The Andy Griffith Show.

Nobody on the show was married, except Otis Campbell the town drunk who would lock himself into the jail cell to get away from his wife and sleep it off.

This might be a start. Who would be offended by Otis? Wives? Drunks? Aunts named Bea?

Thanks. Another thing about it. It was filmed in black and white. So, totally lacking in nuance which is strange because it's set in a southern town.

And what's confusing as all get out is the woman who was an ant named bee. Prescient foreshadowing GMO no doubt.

Ships. The ultimate in imposing white culture, privilege, and supremacy.

First it was Vikings, notorious for raping and pillaging, ravaging eastern Canada, carried in their dragon ships to spread their hordes into North America.

Christopher Columbus, directly responsible for opening the flood gates of white Europeans with his three ships, Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.

Then all the Spanish Conquistadors, sailing over in their galleons to plunder the land and enslave the indigenous people.

Slave ships. 'Nuff said.

Nowadays, ships are used to haul mass amounts of oil & coal, which poisons the Earth. International commerce, the root of globalism. And private yachts are the playthings of the wealthy elite.

I'm sure others can add to the list of transgressions against humanity perpetrated using ships.

post-88-0-65885700-1481872164_thumb.jpg

Ships. The ultimate in imposing white culture, privilege, and supremacy.

First it was Vikings, notorious for raping and pillaging, ravaging eastern Canada, carried in their dragon ships to spread their hordes into North America.

Christopher Columbus, directly responsible for opening the flood gates of white Europeans with his three ships, Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.

Then all the Spanish Conquistadors, sailing over in their galleons to plunder the land and enslave the indigenous people.

Slave ships. 'Nuff said.

Nowadays, ships are used to haul mass amounts of oil & coal, which poisons the Earth. International commerce, the root of globalism. And private yachts are the playthings of the wealthy elite.

I'm sure others can add to the list of transgressions against humanity perpetrated using ships.

You know what else ships were used in? The Crusades!

Cruise ships. A boat with thousands of well off Americans docking at foreign nations, and they demand they foreigners speak English and have McDonalds and Starbucks stores.

You know what else ships were used in? The Crusades!

And the opium trade (which by the way is how the Roosevelt family made their fortune).

It's a start

LA Clippers?

Space travel will only lead to the same problems?

Wildlife being disturbed.

The Ghost Ship in Oakland. Most of those killed were liberal artists. Coincidence? I think not.

Cruise ships. A boat with thousands of well off Americans docking at foreign nations, and they demand they foreigners speak English and have McDonalds and Starbucks stores.

I like a lot of the supplementary ideas, but I'm beginning to think that we're all making a mistake in how we're looking at this. We're using logic, albeit stupid logic, in pointing out the supposed social transgressions we're attributing to ships throughout western history. What we need is to be completely inane and hissy-fit level stupid with this, so let's go full Gator:

The use of the word "ship" as a suffix in everyday parlance. Words like relationship, friendship, internship, worship, etc. The use of "ship" as a suffix imparts white colonial male domination over everyone else, and should be replaced instead with something completely neutral and inoffensive.

Any ideas?

I like a lot of the supplementary ideas, but I'm beginning to think that we're all making a mistake in how we're looking at this. We're using logic, albeit stupid logic, in pointing out the supposed social transgressions we're attributing to ships throughout western history. What we need is to be completely inane and hissy-fit level stupid with this, so let's go full Gator:

The use of the word "ship" as a suffix in everyday parlance. Words like relationship, friendship, internship, worship, etc. The use of "ship" as a suffix imparts white colonial male domination over everyone else, and should be replaced instead with something completely neutral and inoffensive.

Any ideas?

Gatorship?