If Tyrod and EJ both hit FA market

TSOL

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, say we dont pick up the option on Tyrod, and EJ is cut, like most of us presume he will be. Who gets signed first?

To me it is not a foregone conclusion that Tyrod is so much better, i see significant interest in EJ. I think if they both hit free agency, i think EJ gets picked up first.

Flame away...

my prayers answered :worthy::worthy:

Tyrod gets a sniff at a backup somewhere and EJ gets nothing, CFL maybe.

As of right now I think C Jones and whoever, FA, draft a guy, trade for a guy are the new Bills QBs going forward once the season ends.

Edited by old school

If Taylor will not re-negotiate his contract and walks , try to sign EJ with a good incentive contract.

Keeping someone who at least knows the playbook until a new starter is ready.

PLeezzze.....no more EJ......worst passer the Bills have had in several decades. As a season ticket holder, I see all those long balls missing by 10 yards. EJ can throw it far, but, not accurate like TT. TT has had a few tough outings...but, I have to say, Sammy looks out of sorts and not in the right spot like a guy who was out for 8 games, and didn't practice for two months.....oh yeh....that is his situation. TT would be better with first rate receivers. Woods showed what he can do against Seattle and a couple of others. Unfortunately, he will be gone for BIG bucks after this year. TT needs receivers....and hasn't had them much this year.

So it seems like concensus is that EJ is one of the great Bills busts of all times. Ifhedosent get picked up in the offseason, im fully willing to accept that. But after 14 games hes played under two horrible coaching staffs im not ready to accept it yet.

CFL... 😂 good one,old school!

So it seems like concensus is that EJ is one of the great Bills busts of all times. Ifhedosent get picked up in the offseason, im fully willing to accept that. But after 14 games hes played under two horrible coaching staffs im not ready to accept it yet.

CFL... good one,old school!

Watch and see.

Good/bad coaches aside, if a QB has the goods it shows itself regardless. EJ didn't show a thing.

Watch and see.

Good/bad coaches aside, if a QB has the goods it shows itself regardless. EJ didn't show a thing.

My thing is, is i see him as a pocket passer with a big arm, accuracy issues, yes. But with all the people falling all over themselves making excuses for Tyrod, at the same time crucifying EJ, just makes no sense to me.

Again, if he dosent get picked up in the offseason, ill be the first to label him one of the all time great Bills busts.

I can think of three teams right off that need a starting QB. Browns, Jets and Rams. Tyrod will be the belle of the free agency ball.

No way any of those teams bring TT in as anything other than a back-up/stop-gap solution. Cleveland will take a qb with their first pick, Goff will get at least two more years to start in LA and the Jets will be a competition between Hack, Petty and maybe Geno, or Romo. I can't see any team in the league handing over it's starting job to TT, at least not a team that has watched any game tape. Edited by mannc

No way any of those teams bring TT in as anything other than a back-up/stop-gap solution. Cleveland will take a qb with their first pick, Goff will get at least two more years to start in LA and the Jets will be a competition between Hack, Petty and maybe Geno, or Romo. I can't see any team in the league handing over it's starting job to TT, at least not a team that has watched any game tape.

Taylor is considered a middle of the pack starter outside of Buffalo fan boards. He will be heavily courted. Wait and see.

Taylor is considered a middle of the pack starter outside of Buffalo fan boards. He will be heavily courted. Wait and see.

It's certainly possible. There's not going to be much quality available in the free agent market this year. I just don't think anyone is going give Tyrod starter money (roughly what he would be getting if the Bills picked up his option) and hand him the keys to the franchise. I think he'll end up someplace where he has to compete for the job. I think teams like J-ville, Cleveland and SF will take a chance on someone they draft rather than giving Tyrod a rich contract, but I could be wrong.

Doubt it.

Because GM are just falling all over themselves for a QB who

can't throw over the middle

is short

no accuracy

doesn't read defenses

checks down too much

runs out of clean pockets

can't lead a comeback

can't throw for over 200 yards

can't lead a good pass attack despite the NFLs #1 rush attack

it goes on and on, etc.

Edited by old school

Watch and see.

There is exactly a 0% chance , baring injury, that EJ isn't on an NFL roster next year if he wants to play football.

I can pretty much guarantee it

Ok, good luck with that.

There is exactly a 0% chance , baring injury, that EJ isn't on an NFL roster next year if he wants to play football.

He may want to play football still, but it's up to the GMs to let him. CFL baby!

Edited by old school

It's certainly possible. There's not going to be much quality available in the free agent market this year. I just don't think anyone is going give Tyrod starter money (roughly what he would be getting if the Bills picked up his option) and hand him the keys to the franchise. I think he'll end up someplace where he has to compete for the job. I think teams like J-ville, Cleveland and SF will take a chance on someone they draft rather than giving Tyrod a rich contract, but I could be wrong.

What is starter money for a QB these days. $25MM? I could see TT signing for something in Brock Osweiler territory. Still a fat raise.

I've said it all along, EJ Manuel never got a fair shot here. The issues I see with EJ's game are fixable with the right coaching, the issues I see with TT game are hard wired. His football IQ is poor, he can't read defenses, and all I need to prove that case is last week on the one-yard line turning to the sidelines and giving the thumbs up, as if to ask, well does hits look ok to run this play? Sorry, but if a QB (Starting no less) can't read a defense on the 1 yard line knowing what play you're going to run, and the coverage, he's NOT an NFL starting QB, plain and simple. TT apologist can say what they want, but I've seen enough of TT to know he's never going to get this. He'll be a fine backup somewhere, or perhaps start for a mediocre franchise desperate for ANYTHING, but he won't get you to the playoffs, let alone win anything..

I've been a Rex and Whaley supporter, but if these two clowns can't see this in TT, we have more serious issues at 1BDr.

EJ will start for someone next year, take it to the bank!

Tim-

I've said it all along, EJ Manuel never got a fair shot here. The issues I see with EJ's game are fixable with the right coaching, the issues I see with TT game are hard wired. His football IQ is poor, he can't read defenses, and all I need to prove that case is last week on the one-yard line turning to the sidelines and giving the thumbs up, as if to ask, well does hits look ok to run this play? Sorry, but if a QB (Starting no less) can't read a defense on the 1 yard line knowing what play you're going to run, and the coverage, he's NOT an NFL starting QB, plain and simple. TT apologist can say what they want, but I've seen enough of TT to know he's never going to get this. He'll be a fine backup somewhere, or perhaps start for a mediocre franchise desperate for ANYTHING, but he won't get you to the playoffs, let alone win anything..

I've been a Rex and Whaley supporter, but if these two clowns can't see this in TT, we have more serious issues at 1BDr.

EJ will start for someone next year, take it to the bank!

Tim-

:wallbash:

Edited by old school