Why the Bills are 6-6 and how much of it is on Tyrod Taylor

Marty McFly

Pretty much proof that the offense and defense are independent of one another. The offense goes 3 and out, the defense can't blame a TD on the fact that the offense didn't score. They could easily force the opposing team to go 3 and out... we just never do.

Tyrod has not been good, but don't put a single bit of the defensive sides struggles on him. He legit has nothing to do with it.

Actually i might suggest the opposite. all 3 portions of the pie strongly affect one another and the outcome of the game.

Bills have put points up most games. More than they have in years and years.

But by design TT is a game manager. I am fine with relying on the run and wearing opponents down. Actually i LOVE it !

But ST has fallen of a cliff. Look at Colton Shmidts punting against the Raiders and the week before.

ad the defense has taken another step back, Thats Coaching IMHO.

The offense as a whole ( yes injuries to WRs factored in ) is good enough to get to the playoffs. Not this year obviously.

TT did not lose games so much as not Win them. He has had some poor games though and looked very rough. Thats another story already covered 15 different ways and threads.

I do enjoy your posts Marty breh McFly : )

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i might suggest the opposite. all 3 portions of the pie strongly affect one another and the outcome of the game.

Bills have put points up most games. More than they have in years and years.

But by design TT is a game manager. I am fine with relying on the run and wearing opponents down. Actually i LOVE it !

But ST has fallen of a cliff. Look at Colton Shmidts punting against the Raiders and the week before.

ad the defense has taken another step back, Thats Coaching IMHO.

The offense as a whole ( yes injuries to WRs factored in ) is good enough to get to the playoffs. Not this year obviously.

TT did not lose games so much as not Win them. He has had some poor games though and looked very rough. Thats another story already covered 15 different ways and threads.

I do enjoy your posts Marty breh McFly : )

He kinda lost the baltimore game. We're more in it if they don't give up that bomb to wallace, but that team would not let our run game get going. The Jets didn't either so those were both more games he needed to pitch in for.

Jets Fitz had 374 and a TD. 100+ for Forte

Miami Ajayi had 214 rushing

NE Brady 315 and 4 TDs

Seattle 282 and 2 TDs with 2 other ones on the ground.

Oak 262 and 2 TDs with 130 and 2 other TDs on the ground.

Some bully of a defense... Not to mention it seems like in the 4th quarter we always allow these big drives that just kill us.

Who or what makes this offense click exactly? Shady? Sammy? Tyrod? ANYONE? In 5 games where shady hasnt started we're 3-2. Sammy hasnt played in about 40% of Tyrod's starts dating back to last yr and he still has a winning %. TD Mike avg's about 6ypc so is shady expendable? Clay? Woods? Are they critical? No. The OC? We're on our second. Despite all these revolving pieces we're still top 10 in pts scored since last yr. In 2 games without TT we're 0-2.

Maybe Felton is the reason why we're top 10 in Pts. Maybe its Goodwin. Maybe its incognito. Incognito is a mule. We need 5 of him. Seriously, i mean that.

Edited by bobobonators

I'd argue he is responsible (by responsible I mean, another QB wouldn't have done what he did, good or bad) for 3 wins and 4 losses. I'm not a TT basher or disciple. But I can't believe we're talking about him more than the defense when talking about the OAK game.

The second half offense was putrescence personified

Edited by joesixpack

Opportunities to win games at the end were there. Ravens, Jets, Dolphins, Seahawks. He failed every time. A competent QB wins at least half of those and we are in the playoffs. A great QB might win them all and we are a super bowl contender. Tyrod can't run the 2 min drill. Whether it be the end of the half or the end of the game. He can't do it and therefore cannot be an NFL QB

This^^^ I used to think this was Roman's fault, but it's pretty clear now that TT cannot get plays off in less than 25-30 secs, which is essential for the 2 min drill. He's just too GD slow, and shows no urgency whatsoever. We're completely screwed at QB, and I don't see a solution on the horizon.

One drive of 6+ minutes may have been enough. But they couldn't manage a first !@#$ing down. That's not on the defense.

you are of course correct

but does the D get a pass for giving up that lead? They LITERALLY could not get off the field when they had that lead.

Personally.....I dont understand why we didnt just start grinding it out when we saw the D start struggling

you are of course correct

but does the D get a pass for giving up that lead? They LITERALLY could not get off the field when they had that lead.

Personally.....I dont understand why we didnt just start grinding it out when we saw the D start struggling

Because Rex <3s himself some Tyrod

Look at Taylor's stats from last season and see the drop off this season. I think it is a direct result of the injuries to the WR unit. Defense is to blame in 4 losses when they stunk up the place (NY Jets, NE game 2, Seattle and Oakland). In those games the offense averages 24 points scored. Taylor has his flaws but I am willing to give the guy one more year. To start all over is maddening. Rebuilding sucks.

"the elephant in the room" = a major problem or controversial issue that is obviously present but avoided as a subject for discussion because it is more comfortable to do so.

It's about time someone finally said something about the Coach and QB.....

Slow Clap....

Cmon man you know English is my 2nd language why you gotta be a dooshbag?

Put Tyrod on the Patriots and how many wins would they have. Put Brady on the Bills and how many wins do they have

Thats actually really cool to ponder.

Who or what makes this offense click exactly? Shady? Sammy? Tyrod? ANYONE? In 5 games where shady hasnt started we're 3-2. Sammy hasnt played in about 40% of Tyrod's starts dating back to last yr and he still has a winning %. TD Mike avg's about 6ypc so is shady expendable? Clay? Woods? Are they critical? No. The OC? We're on our second. Despite all these revolving pieces we're still top 10 in pts scored since last yr. In 2 games without TT we're 0-2.

Maybe Felton is the reason why we're top 10 in Pts. Maybe its Goodwin. Maybe its incognito. Incognito is a mule. We need 5 of him. Seriously, i mean that.

This^^^^^^^ dude makes some very simple yet good points. Tyrod is the glue that has held our O together. Now if only we had a top 10 defense.

I think Rex is a problem for the Bills, but if I had to rank them I think Tyrod is the much bigger problem

Tyrod has had 1 good game this year and that was vs. SEA, which was still a loss

His play outside of that game has been very uneven, but mostly really poor. His pocket presence and inability to ever hit his back foot and let it go, coupled with his poor accuracy is a clear indicator that he will never be any good.

Put Tyrod on the Patriots and how many wins would they have. Put Brady on the Bills and how many wins do they have

Brady on Bills and this is a playoff team easy

Tyrod in Patriots and they are .500 top

Edited by MAJBobby