Taylor showing frustration to Buffalo media

YoloinOhio

4 years apprenticing with a premier organization. Now 26 starts in the NFL. Still can't read a defense, go through progressions, has accuracy issues and we're talking limits. Yes, this is the guy I'd hand over 27M to next season. A guy with limits that doesn't win you games. A guy who sits alone on the sidelines after a 3 and out.

And to compare TT in 2015-16 to Peyton in 1998-99 and Eli in 04-05 is absurd. Rules didn't facilitate the pass-happy offenses then which have been in vogue the past 5-8 years. Either way, both Peyton and Eli were better in their second season starting than TT could ever hope to be.

Eli was not good for the bulk of his first four years. I do not think it's a judgement call.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years apprenticing with a premier organization. Now 26 starts in the NFL. Still can't read a defense, go through progressions, has accuracy issues and we're talking limits. Yes, this is the guy I'd hand over 27M to next season. A guy with limits that doesn't win you games. A guy who sits alone on the sidelines after a 3 and out.

And to compare TT in 2015-16 to Peyton in 1998-99 and Eli in 04-05 is absurd. Rules didn't facilitate the pass-happy offenses then which have been in vogue the past 5-8 years. Either way, both Peyton and Eli were better in their second season starting than TT could ever hope to be.

Eli was not good for the bulk of his first four years. I do not think it's a judgement call.

I dont really like comparing TT those those guys.....they were pure passers of the ball and that has never been nor will it ever be Tyrod's game.

We knew that going in.

What we are hoping for is some of those areas to improve ENOUGH that when they take away what he does well he can make them pay for giving it to him.

He has been inconsistant and down from last year.......you can say its cuz he is throwing to street free agents....you can say he is regressing......there are arguements for both. The bottom line is there is not IMPROVEMENT which is what we wanted to see.

"Asked whether he felt time was running out to prove to the Bills that they should pick up the contract option that would pay him $27.5 million in March."

what kind of response did they think this was going to elicit? And when he dodged it, as he should have, they asked for more explanation. there's a difference between scrutiny and baiting.

"Asked whether he felt time was running out to prove to the Bills that they should pick up the contract option that would pay him $27.5 million in March."

what kind of response did they think this was going to elicit? And when he dodged it, as he should have, they asked for more explanation. there's a difference between scrutiny and baiting.

Yeah - what do you say to that. He already said he didn't want to talk contract.

I'll never understand what we want out of these guys from the podium. Do we really imagine they are going to stand up and say, "yeah, I stink, not worth the money they are paying me, its all my fault, no way they give me a new contract'? And if they did, would it change the results on the field?

I don't care what these guys say from the podium, I care what they do on the field. Right now, Tyrod isn't doing enough for this team to win. He isn't the only problem but even so, he isn't getting it done. We don't have another viable option at QB for this year and there will plenty of time after the season is over to figure out what to do with his contract. Is there some reason we need to decide that now? With four games left and still having a shot at the post season?

I would love to have heard some questions about how we can beat the Steelers rather than listen to premature questions about Taylor's contract that we know he isn't going to answer anyway. And there isn't a QB in the league who would.

I certainly hope so.......who needs a QB without confidence?

If it was confidence, he wouldn't find himself sitting all alone on the sideline. He's either oblivious or arrogant. I can't tell.

I think - as far as how he handles the media - Tyrod's biggest problem is that he really thinks he's as good as JFH and Metz Lives think he is.

He handled the media perfectly. If your not playing well you dont shine too much light on it, you take your lumps like a man and keep moving forward and talking about whats next. I know you got a crusade on Tyrod but he said what he had to and the minute he shows a lack of confidence in his ability he will lose the team so get off his nuts my brother he did better in that press conference than he did vs Oakland.

He handled the media perfectly. If your not playing well you dont shine too much light on it, you take your lumps like a man and keep moving forward and talking about whats next. I know you got a crusade on Tyrod but he said what he had to and the minute he shows a lack of confidence in his ability he will lose the team so get off his nuts my brother he did better in that press conference than he did vs Oakland.

I am not on a crusade. I criticize him when he sucks and I compliment him when he does well (the Seattle game).

If you don't think that he hasn't already lost the confidence in his teammates, then you're not paying attention to the behavior on the sidelines.

Edited by Gugny

Don't blame him for that, even though I don't think he's "the guy" I don't question this man's work ethic, effort, and commitment to the game. Dealing with the media should be the last thing he needs to worry about right now.

Dealing with the media is part of his job. He is the teams QB. He makes money because people watch games, and want to hear from the players. I 100% blame him for his juvenile antics during the ten minute press conference.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/07/frustration-boils-tyrod-taylor-testy-10-minute-press-conference/

Well, as a fan, I'm frustrated watching my team's QB throw for 160 yards, in an era wherein the 300 yard plateau is eclipsed on virtually a game-by-game basis. I'm frustrated watching games and seeing open receivers galloping through the opposing defensive secondary- yet inexplicably our QB does not! Taylor's frustrated?!?! I'm frustrated watching him quarterback a college offense. I frustrated watching Taylor impersonate Trent Edwards on a weekly basis. Stop being a boob Tyrod! If you don't care for the scrutiny, there a plenty of other career paths that you can choose.

This is the quote that makes me mad, "There was definitely a collective effort that wasn’t good enough. There’s no finger pointing." He is critizing the WR's. Did Sammy Watkins totally miss himself on what should have been a TD throw? Did Watkins and Goodwin not throw the ball to themselves when they were wide-open. Man up. You want to play QB, take the blame when you totally blow it.

I am not on a crusade. I criticize him when he sucks and I compliment him when he does well (the Seattle game).

If you don't think that he hasn't already lost the confidence in his teammates, then you're not paying attention to the behavior on the sidelines.

Lost confidence IN his team OR lost the confidence OF his team?

Edited by Marty McFly

I have a lot of questions about Taylor's ability as a franchise qb. I like him more for this. The media sucks and loses hiding behind their computer screens.

EJ should have knocked out that geek Tim Graham.

Tim Graham was right. If we drafted Teddy or Carr, we wouldn't be in this mess. EJ was wrong.

Edited by jmc12290

1. throw out the 4 years where Flacco got every single rep with the actual Ravens offense with TT running the Ravens scout team. running scout teams is just garbage time and adds nothing to QB learning important skills . everyone knows it. so forget that. So yes he learned how to pack for 8 road games... terrific experience there.

2. and the rules we have today favoring the passing game (5 yard chuck limits, O Line not having to line up on the ball, etc) have been in place since 1994 champ, so forget the comparison to Mannings being 'absurd'.

I am assuming TT is still developing his abilities, plus this is simply not a pass oriented offense, which limits his reps in the passing game. I may be proven wrong, but it is too early to tell. I totally agree, if after 4 more games TT isn't better on passing downs and the team goes 2-2 or 1-3, OBD has a serious $$$ issue to deal with. Is it the offense? Is throwing to f ing Walter Powell a limitation? 27Mil is a big f ing number. Tough one when the alternative is starting all over again with a rookie or going retread Romo at $20+ mil plus a no.2 or 3 draft pick to get him. Tough one, yes

3. "both Peyton and Eli were better in their second season starting than TT could ever hope to be" - just your opinion-- go look at the data, they weren't. Already been a thread on this. You should pay better attention.

You seem like the typical fair weather Bills fan, lets continue this on Monday. If they win, all is forgiven, right? if they lose, its "off with their heads". Love this board. They play 16 games guys, not 12. Let's pick this up in January when all the info is in.

Man we are a bunch of experts. Not one person questioned the play calling in the second half in Oakland. What were we thinking. I like TT. Pay the man. And if not we start over again for another 16 years.

Andy Benoit from MMQB did (or rather the execution of the play calls by the offense)...

@andy_benoit

#Bills #Raiders Film: this was not close to Taylors worst game; he was not the problem. Offense was out-executed around him in 2nd half.

Film: overall #Bills passing concepts did not work consistently enough against #Raiders coverages. Guys werent always getting open.

Re: WR route running

@andy_benoit

They're simplistic per their scheme (accommodating Taylor), the execution wasn't great in this game.

#Raiders Film: in addition to Cover 2, main coverage vs. #Bills was man-to-man. Bills tactically easy to defend out of man.

Edited by YoloinOhio