[closed]Cut bait with Tyler and start Jones

Tyrod is pathetic. He showed us what a ok backup looks like. He will never be a good starter in this league. I say either let EJ play the remainder of the season or let's see what Jones has to offer. What do we have to lose? Earn a better draft pick position?

Plus he is owed $27.5m next season. Not worth a quarter of that!

Edited by Buffbills1fan

With another lost season why not? A higher draft pick could yield a QB. EJ could shock us (most likely not) or we let Jones throw it around. Bottom line, if the Bills keep Tyrod next year and his owed $27.5M salary we will never see the playoffs again for another 18 years. It's bad enough we are paying an outrageous amount for a defensive line that isn't on the field. They unfortunately need to hit the reset button on a lot of position, coaches, and GM.

Are we worse then Detroit or Cleveland?

I'd love for TT to be healthy and somehow increase his accuracy tremendously! Without an intimidating WR crew we aren't gonna make the leap to the playoffs.

I also agree that TT isn't the QB, but let's see if Cardale makes his way into talks. I'd like cutting TT, then resigning him for cheap if that was possible. I just hate that we promised him so much and then we're stuck with him the next half the decade...

If Rex starts Cardale, Whaley will get fired for sure. Cardale is going to suck big league and if that is seen before season's end Whaley is gone for missing on yet another QB.

Rex won't start Cardale unless Tyrod gets hurt. As Rex sticks with his QBs no matter what, see Sanchez and Geno Smith continually starting New York even when they were struggling.

There is no reason to start Jones. Tyrod is a .500 qb, and they arent just going to pull him. There is a whole quarter of football left (unfortunately for Tyrod its the 4th qtr), and how he plays will dictate our offseason moves.

For better or worse, we're married to him for the full season.

Tyrod is pathetic. He showed us what a ok backup looks like. He will never be a good starter in this league. I say either let EJ play the remainder of the season or let's see what Jones has to offer. What do we have to lose? Earn a better draft pick position?Plus he is owed $27.5m next season. Not worth a quarter of that!

He is owed $27.5M next season, but his $13M base salary for 2018 also guarantees. $40.5M for 2 seasons is the full guarantee. I'm scouring my other options in the week leading up to the new league year and the two days before his bonus is due to find a better/cheaper option.

I def think this is a stupid idea this year but I am all for an open competition in next years training camp with cardale in the mix....if there is not an open competition next year the whole front office needs to be fired because if we can see Tyrod is not the answer they certainly should be able.