Sammy Watkins did not practice due to sore foot

16-0

Fine I will take the Bet. But here is the Bet.

If Sammy doesn't play 8 games next year I will change my Username to Bust Watkins. If he does play 8 games you change your Username to WatkinsMVP for one year.

If you lose you should have to change it to ILoveTyrod. Just a friendly suggestion!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you lose you should have to change it to ILoveTyrod. Just a friendly suggestion!

If I made a bet about Tyrod I would. But not Sammy. Has to be about Sammy. Guess he isn't gonna take the Username bet

Edited by MAJBobby

It's fine if your opinion doesn't change; can we agree that you are indeed basing it on false information?

That's my biggest gripe with the Watkins complainers is that they become so very bitter at some unlucky injuries and think we are better by getting rid of him. That kind of logic is very frustrating. This guy says trade which is a step above that, but I run into consistent people who say cut him. It's like wtf.

If I made a bet about Tyrod I would. But not Sammy. Has to be about Sammy. Guess he isn't gonna take the Username bet

Had to jump in the shower to get ready for a meeting, not lying going to look at a bar to buy. No I don't like the username bet, I only bet a dollar for the fun of it.

No because an opinion is just an observation of what I see going on.

Indeed. I hear you saying that you're unhappy with Sammy's durability, and I agree that his not being 100% has been an issue. I'm sure that bothers most of us.

Where the confusion comes in, for me, is when you respond to the point about Julio/Antonio/Edelman like this:

All the guys you have listed are HOF players, injuries have started because of age and number of games played. Not an apple to apple comparison. Sammy started getting hurt in his 2nd year and has gotten progressively worse. My opinion, I repeat my opinion is this is not getting better, it is only going to get worse, trade him now.

Too bad if you don't like to hear my opinion. We will see next year won't we?

By now, I believe we can agree that that's patently incorrect, and since it seems to be a large contributor to the formation of your opinion, it becomes difficult to see the merits in the thought process.

Just as Eichel doesn't positively impact the Sabres, the same goes for Sammy with the Bills. :rolleyes:

Eichel is probably a top 10 player in his sport... Watkins it not. Does he have the talent too be, Yes!

I hope for our sake he gets there.... but not now. That's not to say he doesn't have a positive affect on the Bills but the current state of the WR position that not saying much.

Edited by gordong

If Sammy doesn't play 8 games next year I will change my Username to Bust Watkins. If he does play 8 games you change your Username to WatkinsMVP for one year.

With that math, if he plays exactly 8 games, you both lose.

Not a good bet. Watkins has missed 25% of his games. Why would the guy take your bet at 2 x average? He would be a sucker to dit it. Offer him 4 games.

Thats a good bet.

I am ready to start taking odds and hold the monies

That's my biggest gripe with the Watkins complainers is that they become so very bitter at some unlucky injuries and think we are better by getting rid of him. That kind of logic is very frustrating. This guy says trade which is a step above that, but I run into consistent people who say cut him. It's like wtf.

That is wtf.

I will B word about our players, but i still want them to be on the field and play hard for us.

There is not one player i won't root for during the season. Heck i am such a homer , i root for the Coaches too :doh:

Why are the people who complained about Sammy not playing through pain, complaining still when he is playing through pain? I guess the kid can't win....

what?

I think most everyone wants him to play. As long as he does not risk worsening his condition.

and any ways , he started it !! na na :nana:

This.

He is as productive--on a per-target basis--as any receiver in the game.

and he has not hit his ceiling by any stretch !