Not too nice of an article on Tyrod Taylor

Tipster19

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrooooooooooooong.

Flutie was a much better passer and scrambled to get free to pass mostly. I don't think I ever saw Flute run from a clean pocket.

Flutie was a winner. Big difference. Still don't get the hate for a QB who took us to the playoffs.

Paxton Lynch may amount to nothing in this league, but he was a highly touted QB coming out and was sitting there when the Bills were picking in the draft last year.

The decided to draft a guy to "fix" Rexs defense.

Again, the QB position is by far the most important position on the field. Something the Bills continue to neglect.

Hopefully they got lucky and found a gem in Cardale.

I'm not going to rag on them for nit picking Lynch because I did not like him particularly.

But once again...Tyrod doesn't play great, makes a few big plays and the Bills score 28 points...

Doesn't matter if you like him or don't...you have to admit we score points with him playing and that is a big point in his favor...

But once again...Tyrod doesn't play great, makes a few big plays and the Bills score 28 points...

Doesn't matter if you like him or don't...you have to admit we score points with him playing and that is a big point in his favor...

As a TT supporter (obviously) I thought he had a horrible first half

then turned around and scored points....made clutch throws and runs in the 2nd.....and the O ended up scoring 28 points

Once again....he was not the problem today.

Tate return led to points nothing Tyrod did there

Shady 80 yard run not on Tyrod

Will give him credit for the Hunter TD finally did what I want him to do just hardly ever does it

then turned around and scored points....made clutch throws and runs in the 2nd.....and the O ended up scoring 28 points

There was not problems obviously right lol

Bills play the way they did the last two weeks (that includes QB) they are gonna get smoked against the Raiders

I would say that our D giving up 21 points is obviously a problem

So isn't only throwing for 50 yards for about 3 QTRs in the modern NFL but the Church of Tyrod will come up with an excuse

Not Defense fault Darby getting hurt really hurt their timing. No safeties limits what they can do should I continue to use excsuses?

Edited by MAJBobby

Tyrod does not the see the whole field nor react quickly enough to hit open receivers. He is a great scrambler and throws a nice deep ball to open receivers. He rarely fits it into tight spots, he rarely leads the receiver, he rarely throws it to a spot where only the receiver can catch it and he often hangs his receiver out for the big hit. He accounts for a lot of rushing yards from scrambles that make our run game look better than it is from a statistical standpoint. If you move those yards to the pass game we have a good not great run game and a below average passing game.

I would say that our D giving up 21 points is obviously a problem

I guess the defense needs to pitch a shutout every week.

Could they be better, sure.

In the end though, they held Bortles to 126 yards passing, and they had 183 yards rushing, 81 of them by the QB, so the RBs had 102 yards.

IDK, the defense holds the other team to that few yards and they suck yet when TT only generates that many yards he was great. Which is it!

As long as Rex is coach and Tyrod is healthy, Tyrod with start. The only way we see change, barring injury to TT which I do not want to see, is if Tyrod and Rex both go down together.

I am convinced at this point that the Bills will miss the playoffs but that the Pegulas will keep Rex and Tyrod. We are doomed to mediocrity for at least one more season. If Rex/Tyrod manage to get them to a one-and-out playoff game, we are doomed to Rex as coach and Tyrod as QB for at least two and probably three more seasons, no matter how bad they play.

For the first time in thirty years, I am making no effort to watch the Bills games every Sunday. I still care for and follow the team, but I see no chance of a title or even a deep playoff run with the current coaching regime. Rex is a mediocre coach. He's entertaining, he knows a few things, but he is inflexible and limited. His teams will always take at least 8-10 penalties per game. Some of those penalties will be egregiously stupid backbreakers, but nothing will change the next week or next month or next season. His teams will always take unnecessary time outs because of confusion of slow communication. Clock management will be spotty to terrible. They will always look lost at times during the play, especially against elite teams.

The players generally like him and play hard for him, but they don't play smart. He will always go for a run-oriented offense and accept mediocre QB play. He gives great press conferences. He has the macho swagger that many fans think indicates a good coach but that is not correlated with winning.

And this package will be just convincing enough for many fans--and the Pegulas, in the end--to keep him on longer than is warranted by the results. I'm not saying it's easy to find a superior coach, but Rex is not one and never will be one, and his teams will be a reflection of the man.

What a great summary unfortunately. There is not 1 point that I disagree with. There is another thing that I would like to add and that is I am no fan of Rex, matter of fact I don't like his whole family, never have and I have been watching football for 40+ years. I will say that Rex is the most likable out of his clan, for whatever that is worth. Anyways my follow up point is on top of all of Rex's shortcomings, the icing on the cake is his blowhard antics and swag, especially when going into a big game (the first few games early last year). I must admit the last 4 or 5 games I actually like the way he has conducted himself in pre and post games. I don't know if any of that means anything but I just don't to bash the guy just to bash him, I'm really struggling trying to find something nice or positive to say about the guy. I don't want to wish him any bad or have I'll will towards him, I do want him to just go away though.

It was?

Tyrod was awful in the first half. Improved in the second half but overall was not good by any means.

The defense was bad to average.... Something we should just get used to.

What does the defense have to do to be considered good?

I agree with this as someone who remains open minded on whether we should extend Tyrod (I accept we will).

First half Tyord - Yuck.

Second half Tyrod - Efficient.

I agree with this as someone who remains open minded on whether we should extend Tyrod (I accept we will).

First half Tyord - Yuck.

Second half Tyrod - Efficient.

Thankfully it was the Jags.

9 yards in the first quarter just won't cut it against the upper echelon teams of the NFL.

But hey a win is a win. Play the schedule you are given.

Thankfully it was the Jags.

9 yards in the first quarter just won't cut it against the upper echelon teams of the NFL.

But hey a win is a win. Play the schedule you are given.

Yep

5-1 against losing record teams

1-4 against winning record teams (non Brady Pats win)

3 games left against winning teams

2 games left against losing teams

This year has 8-8 written all over it.