Bills vs. Bengals Postgame - Stayin' Alive

26CornerBlitz

Preston Brown: "We Had to Pick It Up" (1:31)
LB Preston Brown talks about the injuries on offense, the play of the secondary and his diving pass breakup in the end zone.

Week 11: Bills vs. Bengals highlights (5:45)
By NFL.com

The Buffalo Bills take on the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 11 of NFL action.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed.

These are those grind-out games that are critical to win. All I wanted was the win; I'll forget about this game tomorrow forever.

Agreed. When the end of the season comes, an ugly win and a pretty win count the same. When your WR1 and Center are on IR and your RB1 and WR2 leave the game hurt before the half, you should be happy just to get the W. Edited by JM57

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan on injuries: Man, it seems like we're a little snake bitten this year.

@mikerodak

Rex Ryan says he complained to officials about Vontaze Burfict's hit on Robert Woods but "sometimes when you... http://es.pn/2fhFjyF

Burfict is one dirty ass mofo of a player. He clearly went head first into Woods while he was on the ground. The Dictator better do something about that.

Agreed. When the end of the season comes, an ugly win and a pretty win count the same. When your WR1 and Center are on IR and your RB1 and WR2 leave the game hurt before the half, you should be happy just to get the W.

I always think about the Chiefs. We play them every year, dominate them, and then hand the game to them (Tuel pick 6; Bryce brown endzone fumble). I can tell you they couldn't care less about their sub-par Bills' wins when they win 10 games and are playing in the playoffs.

Onto the next game.

Defense played well...nice not having AJ Green to worry about.

O line run blocking was impressive...at times.

Passing game was consistent (consistently what you can decide)

Dolphins won, Steelers won...we failed to take care of business earlier in the season, so now we end the season with just enough wins to grab that coveted #15 draft spot.

It's a broken record.

Go Bills!!!

Defense played well...nice not having AJ Green to worry about.

O line run blocking was impressive...at times.

Passing game was consistent (consistently what you can decide)

Dolphins won, Steelers won...we failed to take care of business earlier in the season, so now we end the season with just enough wins to grab that coveted #15 draft spot.

It's a broken record.

Go Bills!!!

Those are the wrong two teams to complain about considering there's head to head matchups with each of them still on the schedule

I don't know about that....I watch a game to be entertained, not just for wins and losses.

And its not just entertainment....what we see today is part of the evaluation of what we think our team will be going forward.

It is very narrow minded to complain about others 'complaining' about a win...that is not what it is at all. What people are doing is making observations and comments about how enjoyable the game was to watch...and about how what they think things will be like in future games based on what we saw today.

Would you propose that after a win, ONLY positive comments about the game can be discussed, nothing else? Or should there be 2 different forums..one for discussing wins and losses, and one for discussing the aesthetics of the game and our opinions on how particular players played?

I didn't propose anything. I said ya'll were pathetic, which I still believe.

Well said.

No it wasn't. And surprise, surprise that you would chime in.

As fans we have an entire week to "look ahead" but to see people bitching and moaning literally moments after a HUGE season-saving win is, well, pathetic.

I didn't propose anything. I said ya'll were pathetic, which I still believe.

No it wasn't. And surprise, surprise that you would chime in.

As fans we have an entire week to "look ahead" but to see people bitching and moaning literally moments after a HUGE season-saving win is, well, pathetic.

Now THAT was well said.

People are bitching and moaning because the team wasn't impressive over an average football team and these type of late season wins to "keep the season alive" are nothing new.

Yes. Now the Bills are trailing in the all-important "style points" tiebreaker thanks to that win. I'm so pissed.

Gillislee, Williams help prop up Bills running game

running-game-sidebar-11-20.jpg

When LeSean McCoy left the game with a dislocated thumb, Mike Gillislee and Jonathan Williams had to step in and carry Buffalo's run game. Along with Tyrod Taylor, the trio rushed for 137 yards in the Bills four-point win.

Kyle Williams spearheads second half lockdown

kyle-williams-11-20-sidebar.jpg

For the second straight game Buffalo's defense went into lockdown mode in the second half. This time around it was enough to help the Bills get a much needed victory

WATCH: BILLS WIN BATTLE OF ATTRITION 16-12 (2:30)

It wasn't pretty, but the Bills were able to overcome injuries to LeSean McCoy and Robert Woods, the defense played solid football, and Buffalo was able to hold on for a 16-12 win over Cincinnati.

WATCH: DEFENSE TIGHTENS UP IN SECOND HALF (3:37)

The secondary came up big in Sunday's win with Stephon Gilmore leading the way with 2 interceptions. The defense pitched a shut out in the second half securing the 16-12 win in Cincinnati.

People are bitching and moaning because the team wasn't impressive over an average football team and these type of late season wins to "keep the season alive" are nothing new.

Quite the contrary. In past years, Bills found a way to lose to a Cincy, KC or Oakland on the road at exactly the same spots in the season.

Quite the contrary. In past years, Bills found a way to lose to a Cincy, KC or Oakland on the road at exactly the same spots in the season.

Exactly. I found the win very impressive myself. On the road against a desperate team, and their defense played lights out in the second half to preserve a win, with their offense limping without Woods and McCoy. Gilislee did a fine job, but is not the same threat McCoy is. I thought the line performed admirably without Eric, especially in the run game. This is how late season games are won.

Now if Woods is out long term, and Watkins cannot return, I would doubt their ability to complete a playoff run, but I am happy with this win.

And the Eagles last year a little later in the season.

I expect something similar to occur at some point over these next 6 games.

Outside of the Oakland game which I can't see them winning, they should be favored in every game.... My guess is they lose to either Pittsburgh or Miami or both.

Depends on the Jekyll & Hyde performances of the QB. If he plays like he did against Seattle, they have a good shot to run the table. Need to get Watkins & Woods back to help the offense. TT has zero trust in anyone else.

Depends on the Jekyll & Hyde performances of the QB. If he plays like he did against Seattle, they have a good shot to run the table. Need to get Watkins & Woods back to help the offense. TT has zero trust in anyone else.

This is a good point that I think is often overlooked here.