Robert Woods updated market value per Spotrac

YoloinOhio

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sold. I'd buy it. His value won't be the same on every team. A team like New Orleans, Atlanta or Cincinnati would devalue him because they have plug and play. Teams like Buffalo, Dallas, San Fran whom run and play a lot of Improvisial offense will benefit from him.

If I am Buffalo I go 4 year, 5 yr player option. First four $9/m roughly with final 5 yr option $7mil w incentives bringing it over $10

Sold. I'd buy it. His value won't be the same on every team. A team like New Orleans, Atlanta or Cincinnati would devalue him because they have plug and play. Teams like Buffalo, Dallas, San Fran whom run and play a lot of Improvisial offense will benefit from him.

If I am Buffalo I go 4 year, 5 yr player option. First four $9/m roughly with final 5 yr option $7mil w incentives bringing it over $10

good points here.

The flip side, if I am woods, maybe you sign a short-term deal with a team with a good offense and a good QB. Like Golden tate did-- who I find to be a very similar player to Woods. Woods has the talent to be a really productive receiver (like a 1000-yard guy); he is languishing here, frankly.

I think that is a bit high. Think that is absolute top end of his market.

Think though going to be closer to 7m a yr AVG.

Obviously depends what other WRs hit the market as well.

Example I think Floyd will have a better market than Woods

Edited by MAJBobby

its what a lot of us have been saying. it would have been really nice to add a high pick at WR last year had things lined up right.

hindsight is 20-20, but imagine if we decided to roll with brown/brown at LB, added a mid round pick with spikes to round out the 4 man group and added michael thomas at WR with that ragland pick.

Edited by NoSaint

Interesting that they have Terrell Pryor at 10 mill/yr and Kenny Britt at 5 mill/yr. I think the Bills had an interest in Britt last time he was a FA.

wasn't that when we were starting Tj graham, Steve johnson and a pile of bricks?

We wanted anyone we could find to run down field and no trip, jump or get injured.

Interesting that they have Terrell Pryor at 10 mill/yr and Kenny Britt at 5 mill/yr. I think the Bills had an interest in Britt last time he was a FA.

I would be all over Pryor at 10M a year on a long term contract. Going to be a good contract for him specially when he finishes his growth and becomes that True NO1 WR.

He is gonna get paid this UFA like a top end No2 and a low end NO1. And will be underpaid in a year or two.

Let's say Spotrac is 100% and I have my choice.

Robert Woods at 9.3 a year

Pryor at 10.4 a year.

Give me Pryor all day. For the extra 1.1 a year.

Even throw some unlikely to be earned stuff tied to playing QB with Pryor to really inflate his number for his agent lol

Woods is only 24 and the other 2 are 28. That might make a difference. I'd love to have Pryor across from Sammy.

I'm a big Woods fan but we've been searching for that big bodied WR seemingly forever.

Britt is a good value though at that projection.

Edited by YoloinOhio

When Marvin Jones got $8M/year and Tavon Austin got $10M/year, I figured Woods was probably in that range as well.

And that means he's a goner.

If this team intends to pay Sammy what he'll want in 2 years time (and I have no reason to suspect that they won't), they can't pay Woods what he'll want now.

on the britt front its good to remember that he comes with A LOT of prior baggage, including an arrest for a car chase with police, and resisting arrest in another incident. also a dui... that time he refused to answer questions about a friend being stabbed...

what was the total count? 9 incidents with police in 5 years?

and towards the end of his time with the titans he had surgery on his knees like 3(?) times

im not saying it disqualifies him, but it does make it a risky play where i wouldnt want to commit long term with guaranteed dollars.

Edited by NoSaint

Woods is like most everyone else on this offense. Until we see a full year from everyone on the offense we don't know what we have. Glenn and Incognito the exception. If Sammy, Percy, Woods, Wood, McCoy, ever played 16 games we would find out how good they are as well as Tyrod, Clay, Seantrel really are. Too many missing parts to determine if the whole is very good or not.

I still find it hard to pay any WRs solid money in the type of offense the Bills run. If they switch to a modern NFL offense I am all for it, but right now I cannot see tieing that money into a No2 WR with the Offensive philosophy that Rex Runs