I want Romo!!!

Protocal69

After careful consideration and putting the bow on the box after hearing his press conference today, I officially want the BILLS to go after Romo next year. I love looking at Tyrod Taylor when everything is humming but your record says you are who you are.

I know ROMO back is messed up but if he sits out this year which it looks like is going to happen that will give Romo a whole year to heal up. Can you imagine our offense with a healthy Romo and us upgrading a OL in the offseason.

I know its a risk and I'm not Whaley but who would you rather pay 20 million dollars to next year. Tyrod or Romo. I'll give Tyrod a chance to finish the season but if he does not look like a top 10 QB by the end of the season I would talk to Dallas to see what they want for Romo.

I love blindly using cliches terms to justify nonsense! ... "but your record says you are who you are." LOL This comes from Dennis Green (I think) all pissed off following a loss. So yep sure why not make a franchise altering decision based of it :w00t::doh:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love blindly using cliches terms to justify nonsense! ... "but your record says you are who you are." LOL This comes from Dennis Green (I think) all pissed off following a loss. So yep sure why not make a franchise altering decision based of it :w00t::doh:

Bill Parcells

Green was "the Bears are who we thought they were."

Bill Parcells

Green was "the Bears are who we thought they were."

This.

Stay sharp "JOBOT".

No way Romo lasts 16 games. Wouldn't be surprised if he just hung them up. If we are going to shop for a new qb, how about one born after the Berlin Wall came down?

A lot of folks around here said and continue to say the same of Tyrod not lasting because of his running style.

And does it matter if Romo does go down? We are paper thin all over the roster and suffer a number of key injuries every year...

What difference does it make if Romo gets injured and ends up just another tire on the fire?

At least he gives us a chance to win (in the very near term only I concede) with his arm.

This.

Stay sharp "JOBOT".

A lot of folks around here said and continue to say the same of Tyrod not lasting because of his running style.

And does it matter if Romo does go down? We are paper thin all over the roster and suffer a number of key injuries every year...

What difference does it make if Romo gets injured and ends up just another tire on the fire?

At least he gives us a chance to win (in the very near term only I concede) with his arm.

Win what though is what I keep coming back to. They are going to win about 9 games (IMO) without Watkins, AW and Dareus for most of the year. How much better would they have been in the exact same situation with this Tony Romo? I don't think that they would be any better. Then we are talking about $20M a year (that's what it will take), for a 37 year-old QB, coming off of multiple back surgeries that can lead you to the same record. That makes zero sense to me.

I'll take my chances with the guy that's Andrew Luck's age that is seemingly improving. He's a middle of the league starter now with an immense skill set. He has flaws for sure but a lot of upside. He may be near his ceiling but he may not. His pass catchers stink and Jordan Mills is a pylon. They are top 10 in scoring. That's not because of the Walt Powell's of the world. It's despite the Walt Powell's of the world.

This.

Stay sharp "JOBOT".

Right. What difference, at this point, does it make? (that one will be soon forgotten) But really: the Bills tried to load up to go for it during a short competition window, say 2015-17. That window is slamming shut. It may be shut already. McCoy, Dareus (if he cares enough to play), Glenn, Clay - nobody's getting younger, and before you say they're all under 30, take a look at the aging curve these days for NFL non-QBs. And they made the big move for Sammy, who'll be a free agent after next year. So who gives you the best chance to win something (anything) in 2017 or even 2018? Tyrod or Romo? Problem is Romo will have other and probably better options. Right now Denver is buzzing about the same thing.

Romo should retire before he unfortunately becomes a cripple. His days as a NFL QB are over.

Disagree. Romo is in the perfect position at this point and it seems he is okay with it. He's not leaving Dallas. Ever.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Given our FO's inability to scout/select a good QB (Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott, ...) or even get lucky in picking a good QB, maybe this is a good idea. I prefer to go out and draft a QB. Why can't Buffalo scouts "see" the same things other organizations can? Or are they just getting lucky? And what is up with Cardale Jones?

Why do we need that? His deficiencies as a QB have nothing to do with who is running routes.

Tyrod's limitations begin and end with Tyrod.

Do me a small favor: list Tyrod's limitations that will keep him from getting much better than he is right now, and then explain to me why he will never overcome those limitations.

Please be specific.

Do me a small favor: list Tyrod's limitations that will keep him from getting much better than he is right now, and then explain to me why he will never overcome those limitations.

Please be specific.

They're mostly mental. He has trouble hitting receivers in stride; he has trouble "seeing" who is going to be open at the time of the catch even though the receiver is not open at the time of the throw; he can't put the ball in tight windows or place it so that a receiver can catch in stride and get a lot of YAC.

He has trouble seeing the center of the field. He hesitates to throw at all unless he sees someone wide open, usually at a dead stop or near a dead stop. Only then (usually) does he have confidence to throw the ball.

His mechanics are pretty bad; he has lots of bad habits he hasn't overcome so far; on occasion he throws off the wrong foot; he has happy feet; he taps the ball and hops around as he contemplates "what should I do" etc., instead of having the ball ready to go.

When he gets everything right and makes a lovely pass, he can't do it consistently time and time again. He's inconsistent.

He is a great athlete, and a great runner. Has great speed. He can almost always make the first man miss in the open field if he runs, and his ability to squirm out of a sack is outstanding. His natural arm strength is also excellent.

He protects the ball well, but that is a double edged sword. He doesn't throw many interceptions because he is hesitant to make a lot of passes a better QB would attempt. He needs to overcome that overly cautious nature if he is improve, but when he does gain more confidence, he'll throw more interceptions.

I like Tyrod, but most of the things he does well are not what I want my QB to do well.

What he struggles to do well is what your QB must be able to consistently do well, if you want to win the close ones, the tough ones, the ones where the D didn't show up, and the playoff games where every team you play has a QB of the type Tyrod is not.

Tyrod is a .500 ceiling, +/- a game or 2 QB. Can't see him winning a playoff game against a team with a good passer.

Romo is possibly the most overrated QB in the last 10 years. He cant get it done in the playoffs was a statue even in his younger days but now will be way worse. Absolute lunacy to go after him and why would he come here anyway? Some big market team will throw stupid money after him if he leaves Dallas. I wish we could have gone after Drew Brees when he was in the same boat in 2006. BUT NOOO they had a proven stud with JP Losman, what could go wrong!!

After careful consideration and putting the bow on the box after hearing his press conference today, I officially want the BILLS to go after Romo next year. I love looking at Tyrod Taylor when everything is humming but your record says you are who you are.

I know ROMO back is messed up but if he sits out this year which it looks like is going to happen that will give Romo a whole year to heal up. Can you imagine our offense with a healthy Romo and us upgrading a OL in the offseason.

I know its a risk and I'm not Whaley but who would you rather pay 20 million dollars to next year. Tyrod or Romo. I'll give Tyrod a chance to finish the season but if he does not look like a top 10 QB by the end of the season I would talk to Dallas to see what they want for Romo.

if the guy wasn't a potato chip and we had better pass blockers. hopefully TT plays like he did last week, minus the last play, and we wont need another QB.

I say Romo goes to Denver, I would if I was him.

if the guy wasn't a potato chip and we had better pass blockers. hopefully TT plays like he did last week, minus the last play, and we wont need another QB.

Romo should take a pay cut and hold a clipboard in Dallas until he decides to retire and think of his health

Romo should take a pay cut and hold a clipboard in Dallas until he decides to retire and think of his health

romo should sit back and count his $55 mil guaranteed money....taking a pay cut makes little sense.

besides, dak could easily get hurt and tony is back in.

Denver really makes all of the sense in the world. Siemian is a scrub as a starter. He feels like the kind of guy that could have a long career as a backup though. Denver's window is open though. They are the defending Super Bowl Champ with garbage QB play last year. Lynch was a project when they took him. It wouldn't hurt his development to sit 2 more years (at least when Romo is healthy).

Denver should sign Romo for 2 years, trade Siemian for a mid-late round pick (or maybe even a RB) and develop Lynch.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

romo should sit back and count his $55 mil guaranteed money....taking a pay cut makes little sense.

besides, dak could easily get hurt and tony is back in.

Which is already paid out. So 2017-2020 have no guaranteed tied to it. So give back his 14M base lower it to league Min, and get some more guarantees. His contract is workable at this point to not leave Dallas. So if I was him I wouldn't.