Trump's leadership team

With Trump expected to announce his first Supreme Court pick Tuesday, Republicans are contemplating putting an end to the filibuster, allowing them to confirm a justice with a simple majority.
But its all Harry's fault....

Boo hoo. It's called "looking further down the road," an ability the liberals seem to lack.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING: Senate confirms Elaine Chao to serve as Transportation secretary in Trump administration.

Vote was 93 - 6

Senator Schumer voted no.

Fortunately, these past eight years of liberals and media have taught all of us the obvious reason why.

He must be a racist or a sexist.

I've seen some mild hysteria over this one, which will certainly be pushed to the back burner as soon as the SC fight gets underway. What is the left's problem with DeVos, other than being a billionaire?

I've seen some mild hysteria over this one, which will certainly be pushed to the back burner as soon as the SC fight gets underway. What is the left's problem with DeVos, other than being a billionaire?

Believes in school choice.

So that is seen as anti-union, anti-education.

As Big Dan Teague would say....."It's all about the money, boys!"

Education secretary nominee that appears to have plagiarized answers submitted to senate committee :doh:

Also cited threats from "potential grizzles" as a reason for guns in schools...

Another gem...

Forget the halftime. You know he'll sit both candidates at the table in the oval office and ask one to eliminate the other.

Holy crap. I was half kidding when I wrote that. Turns out it's true

It’s ‘The Apprentice, Supreme Court Edition,’ as Trump Summons Finalists to White House

■ President Trump is bringing his top two candidates for the Supreme Court to the White House on Tuesday, adding to the tension ahead of his prime-time court announcement.

■ Networks will give Mr. Trump the show he wants, cutting into prime-time programming to broadcast his Supreme Court choice.

■ They may be “getting away with murder” but President Trump played the nice guy with drug makers at the White House.

Believes in school choice.

So that is seen as anti-union, anti-education.

As Big Dan Teague would say....."It's all about the money, boys!"

This.

But worse...she is a Christian who donates much money to Christian private schools.

It's like the double whammy for leftists. Two things they hate: private schools and people who believe in God.

I like Gorsuch. He believes the law should be read as the law was written in the past not going forward or with a moral lens of the individual

He seems like a Scalia clone.

And while I'd hate to see a court with nine Scalias on it, the court certainly needs one.

Here's to hoping RBG kicks the bucket REAL soon.

This is a really well thought out and reasoned thought. Stay classy my friend. I will await the predictable "verbal thrashing" on how I am a whiny liberal.......5....4...3...2...1...

This.

But worse...she is a Christian who donates much money to Christian private schools.

It's like the double whammy for leftists. Two things they hate: private schools and people who believe in God.

Just the people who want make their religious beliefs the law for everyone. Seperation of church and state.

'DeVos has said that she wants to advance Gods kingdom through school reform, a view that is far from mainstream. Similarly, many of her family members views which she has, whether genuinely or shrewdly sought to distance herself from recently are alarmingly extreme, such as support for conversion therapy, opposition to same-sex marriage or the view that intelligent design should be taught in schools.'

Private schools would be fine if they accepted anyone who applied. But they get to decide which students they want to admit, while public schools don't. So they want public funds while being able to deny students they want. They take the best and leave the rest in public schools with less money, which can lead to public schols closing, as was the case in Detroit.

'During DeVoss hearing, Sen. Bernie Sanders asked DeVos, Do you think that if you were not a multibillionaire, if your family had not made hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions, that you would be sitting here today? The implication that DeVos is only being considered for this job, which would be her first as a public servant, as a political favor to reward her for years of donations is not without merit. While Sen. Alexander asserted in his post that her critics dislike her because shes wealthy, in reality its because her wealth appears to be buying her a cabinet post that she is unqualified to hold.

By some estimates, DeVos and her family have donated over $200 million to Republicans nationally, including sizable donations to many of the senators who will vote on her confirmation. In fact, DeVos is open about her support of pay-for-play, once stating that I have decided to stop taking offense at the suggestion that we are buying influence. Now I simply concede the point. They are right. We do expect something in return.'

Throw in her lack of experience and subject knowledge, and yeah, there's lots to oppose.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/knowledge-bank/articles/2017-01-25/5-reasons-to-oppose-betsy-devos-for-donald-trumps-secretary-of-education

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/12/08/a-sobering-look-at-what-betsy-devos-did-to-education-in-michigan-and-what-she-might-do-as-secretary-of-education/?utm_term=.8ee3faf50b26

https://news.vice.com/story/school-choice-detroit-betsy-devos

This is a really well thought out and reasoned thought. Stay classy my friend. I will await the predictable "verbal thrashing" on how I am a whiny liberal.......5....4...3...2...1...

No................no thrashing.

but I would point out that it was such a useless, petty remark that no one even bothered to respond to him in three hours.