Trump's leadership team

On Wednesday we told you about a reporter at the White House press conference who asked press secretary Kayleigh McEnany about the administration’s early response to the coronavirus outbreak. Basically the question backfired on select media outlets in a video seen by many — but The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway subsequently noticed a rather hilarious comment from the gathered press at the end of McEnany’s remarks:

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

On Wednesday we told you about a reporter at the White House press conference who asked press secretary Kayleigh McEnany about the administration’s early response to the coronavirus outbreak. Basically the question backfired on select media outlets in a video seen by many — but The Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway subsequently noticed a rather hilarious comment from the gathered press at the end of McEnany’s remarks:

That comment as she walked away was sooooo telling.

It is so sad that many of our presumably best "reporters" are so desperate to play gotcha with 1 side and accept what the other side says without asking any hard follow ups.  It's good that they ask hard questions, but so many of them are desperately trying to get 45 and his press secretaries to do the 1 thing he never will because he'll never give them that soundbite and totally ignore asking questions that would help inform us.  He's never going to say he was wrong on anything, but yet they keep trying to get him to say so.

And they're apparently dumb enough to think the new press secretary wouldn't expect them to continue doing what they've done for nearly 4 years running.  Wile E. Coyote only ever caught the Roadrunner 1 time & he was way too small to do anything yo him at that point.  Apt metaphor as they continue to try on their ACME rollerskates and rocket kits.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I love it. She's far smarter than the WHPC thinks they are.

• Like (+1) 1

The Blue Check Mark Brigade is up in arms over this. 

I can't say I know much about the new guy, but applying my Sean Penn barometer against it, where I know the opposite of what is supported is the best decision, it may very well be a good move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I can't say I know much about the new guy, but applying my Sean Penn barometer against it, where I know the opposite of what is supported is the best decision, it may very well be a good move.

Agreed.  Never heard of him before today, but if THOSE are the people that don't like him, then he definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

So, is the Postmaster General supposed to be personally delivering the mail, or running a massive debt-ridden/fiscally irresponsible bureaucracy?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Things that make you go hmmmm :)

Ezra Cohen-Watnick Returns to Pentagon as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Counternarcotics

Ezra Cohen-Watnick, a defense intelligence veteran and former Trump National Security Council aide, is headed back to the Pentagon to serve as deputy assistant secretary of defense for counternarcotics and global threats.

Cohen-Watnick worked on counternarcotics and counterterrorism policy for years as an intelligence official at Defense Intelligence Agency. He served for four years at U.S. Southern Command (Southcom) as an intelligence analyst from 2010 to 2014 and served a tour in southern Afghanistan.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 4

Race to replace U.S. Rep. John Ratcliffe gathers steam as Republican activists set date to pick his likely successor

To be sure, Ratcliffe has not been confirmed yet, though his nomination is going more smoothly than it did when President Donald Trump made plans to nominate him to the post last year and then abruptly backtracked amid scrutiny of his resume. Ratcliffe had his confirmation hearing a week ago before the Senate Intelligence Committee, and U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told reporters Wednesday that he expects the panel to advance Ratcliffe's nomination Tuesday, followed by a full Senate vote as early as the following week.

Edit: I should add that I will be sorry to see Grenell no longer in the position. He has left big shoes to fill in a short amount of time.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 3

Just so corrupt 

D56KSHCGRVBD7KNKYDSVH5W75Y

State Dept. inspector general fired as Democrats decry ‘pattern of retaliation’

The firing of Steve Linick is the latest in a string of weekend removals of oversight officials who clashed with the Trump administration. The House Foreign Affairs Committee chairman said Linick was fired after opening an investigation into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Reporters Ask Kayleigh McEnany About Then National Stockpile, Her Responses Were Epic

by Matt Margolis

Original Article

I have to admit, of all of President Trump’s press secretaries, Kayleigh McEnany is my favorite. She’s regularly demonstrated her ability to handle the media’s gotcha questions and throw them right back in their faces. On Friday, she absolutely crushed it again when she was asked about the Strategic National Stockpile. Associated Press reporter Jill Colvin asked, “How come on January 2020, the stockpile was as low as it was on supplies like face masks and N95s?” “It’s a really important question,” replied McEnany. “Perhaps I should redirect your question to President Obama who left the stockpile empty.” McEnany went on to cite a USA Today fact-check

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Just so corrupt 

D56KSHCGRVBD7KNKYDSVH5W75Y

State Dept. inspector general fired as Democrats decry ‘pattern of retaliation’

The firing of Steve Linick is the latest in a string of weekend removals of oversight officials who clashed with the Trump administration. The House Foreign Affairs Committee chairman said Linick was fired after opening an investigation into Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

...of course "corrupt" according to the "Tibs Gospel".....welcome to the real world in the private sector......we deal with personnel changes regularly.....in our company, three of us set corporate policy guidelines, BUT is is a living document, amenable to changes that enhance it......those that do not subscribe have to seek employment elsewhere.....yet your purview of the public sector should be "once you're in, you're in for your career", `a protected "Teflon Don lifer".......that was the "good 'ol boyz network" pre-Trump.......and that served and benefitted this nation HOW?......better yet, how about the elected "Teflon Dons" regardless of party affiliation as in 535 milk maids with term limits being non-sequitor?......you seriously want me to believe that Pelosi, Helms, Thurmond, Hollings, Bob Byrd, Nadler (HINT" examples from BOTH SIDES) benefitted this country FIRST or their own damn well being?......SMH........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2020 at 11:02 AM, Koko78 said:

So, is the Postmaster General supposed to be personally delivering the mail, or running a massive debt-ridden/fiscally irresponsible bureaucracy?

By that logic why would we vote for you Bernie. I mean you’ve had no experience running a country. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

By that logic why would we vote for you Bernie. I mean you’ve had no experience running a country. 

You'll vote for me because a vote for Koko78 is a vote against racism, a vote against hate, a vote against intolerance. Voting for me is a vote for America, it's a vote for a return to greatness, it's a vote for utopia.

I promise that, when I am elected, you'll get all the free ***** you want. Not only that, I have a plan to unleash my swarm of rainbow-farting unicorns that will not only pay for all the free *****, but cure cancer, end pollution, create equality for all, and end all wars.

Besides, it's not like you have a choice. We're just going to change your ballot for you after you cast it.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:41 AM, Hedge said:

***** politicians. Just so happens that Louis Dejoy had a long career in trucking and logistics which might make him the most qualified of all time to be appointed to this position. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

Obama Had No State Department Inspector General for More than Four Years

by Joel B. Pollak

Original Article

President Donald Trump is being criticized by his opponents after firing State Department Inspector General Steve Linick on Friday night. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) called it a “threat to accountable democracy.”

However, President Barack Obama did not nominate an inspector general for the State Department during his entire first term.

In fact, the post was vacant for nearly four years.

The last inspector general under President George W. Bush, Howard J. Krongard, resigned in December 2007. The position was vacant for nearly six years until the Senate confirmed Linick in September 2013.

There was little public outcry or media criticism about the vacancy at the time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Obama Had No State Department Inspector General for More than Four Years

by Joel B. Pollak

Original Article

President Donald Trump is being criticized by his opponents after firing State Department Inspector General Steve Linick on Friday night. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT) called it a “threat to accountable democracy.”

However, President Barack Obama did not nominate an inspector general for the State Department during his entire first term.

In fact, the post was vacant for nearly four years.

The last inspector general under President George W. Bush, Howard J. Krongard, resigned in December 2007. The position was vacant for nearly six years until the Senate confirmed Linick in September 2013.

There was little public outcry or media criticism about the vacancy at the time.

If this is true it’s really hilarious! And it’s just another reason why nobody believes anything they hear or read in the so-called ‘news’ anymore.

• Like (+1) 1