Why are players still confused on defense?

Yeezus

We have the worst safeties in the league so the defensive backfield is a mess. Preston Brown is below average and is not the leader on defense that they need calling the plays. They need a LB that can take control (hopefully that will be Ragland) and they need better safety play

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Rex has his defenses organized to confuse the offenses by schemes so he looks like a genius and it confuses our defense as much as the oppostion's offense. Such a guru and he always seems to draft like 90 % of his top 3 draft picks as defensive players on all his team's thru the years. Heck, if Scwartz did that we would be talked about as best defense of all time.

Just like last year, when AW goes down, there is a problem. Can't lose guys like Wood and Aaron Williams and expect things to be as smooth on the field. These are your two leaders on the field. Now they are gone. Again. Unbelievable.

+1 This. We lost the quarterback of our secondary. Why are we having communication problems back there? Hmmmmm

We just lost the quarterback of our O-line. I hope the backup can pickup the slack, but the pragmatist in me sadly thinks our playoff chances are out the window. Hope I'm wrong.

It seems like the entire defense is looking at each other before each play is snapped, no one knows where to lineup, as Corey Graham said last week half the defense has no idea what the other half is doing. This is what Rex...

This guy was supposed to be a defensive guru, and his coaches can't get the players to understand these plays. As far as i know the defense we are running right now isn't even close to the defense that Rex ran with the Jets. This is so watered down and simplified for the players to understand its pathetic that they are STILL not understanding it.

How can you fix this? Another off season of players claiming their "all in". bull ****. We need an entirely new secondary minus Darby.

2 new safety's and a new backup CB.

Actually, we had 2/3 of your recipe on Monday. The problem is the lack of AWill. Without spectacular safeties, this defense falls apart. They keep the defense organized on the back end.

Unbelievable?

Seriously? Did you really think AW was going to make it the entire year based on his injury history?

Your just as naive as Whaley and Rex.

Who said that fans expected AW to survive the year? All that has been said is that there is a significant difference between AW and Blanton.

The bills defense is solely responsible for 4 of our 5 losses but I'm the troll

Wake up and stop eating up everything Rex is saying

His defense is awful

This board is just a bunch of racist posters who can stand that our QB is black and want him gone and wanna keep Rex

What a joke

Troll.

....sorry, racist troll (fixed)

Adios credibility

Troll.

....sorry, racist troll (fixed)

Yep and yep.

Hey Yeezus,

Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Edited by PolishDave

I don't know why, but seeing your handle and flag today makes me want golumpki--I think I'm going to make golumpki for dinner.

Smart man!

If you have any friends from out of town - take them to the Polish Villa and watch their faces when they read the menu. They are like WTF is that? WTF is this? How do you pronounce that?

Its fun.

His defense is awful

This board is just a bunch of racist posters who can stand that our QB is black and want him gone and wanna keep Rex

What a joke

take your opinion. Wrap it up very. Very pretty. And shove it up your arse

I saw an interview on ESPN with Bill Polian about when Rex was hired. The announcer ask Polian if Rex could take the Bills great D (4th that last year, I think) and make it even better. Polian said NO! Rex D is a swiss watch compared to Schwartz simpler schemes. He said it would take two years for the players to learn the system....and that every game the D had to be gameplanned.....whereas Schwartz D just allows the players to react in a limited number of ways to different offensive moves. Polian, on that day, was Sooooooo correct. Our D still doesn't get it....half the time (I overstate perhaps) the Rex D players are looking at each other, and not at the offense when the snap goes off. Rex D is flawed with all the adjustment every play...the swiss watch Polian was talking about. Long term, the Bills will be better off when Rex and his D schemes are gone.

His defense is awful

What a joke

I am sorry but you are going to have to connect the dots here. The poster you called out commented that the offense made the Seahawks do a lot of adjusting and that some how was a racially motivated statement, against Tyrod no less. Please help me and everyone else understand how that makes any sense what so ever.

I think the A. Williams departure hurt us a lot ! He was the leader of the secondary & communicated a lot of the things they needed to do in certain instances .

Rex D depends on the secondary to clamp down on the back end so the Line can can the time to pressure & with the small mistakes because of the communication break down thats where they get burned .

Oh & the fact that Dareus is a wombat for his decision to break the rules & leave his team mates with out his services doesn't help !

If he was in shape to not get a injury & been playing at the level of his contract then he could have been the determining factor in the last game by forcing his will on the sea hawks O but NOOO he was watching instead of earning his check !!