Why are players still confused on defense?

Yeezus

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex D depends on the secondary to clamp down on the back end so the Line can can the time to pressure & with the small mistakes because of the communication break down thats where they get burned .

I keep seeing this, and I'm not disputing it. We all know it to be true. but, isn't it safe to say that a defense designed in this manner, is flawed at its foundation?

like you said, small mistakes and comm breakdowns lead to BIG plays. we've seen this throughout multiple games. so, with that said...again, wouldn't it be safe to call this D flawed by design? unless of course, you have a stellar secondary, and depth at that position. which the Bills do not.

I keep seeing this, and I'm not disputing it. We all know it to be true. but, isn't it safe to say that a defense designed in this manner, is flawed at its foundation?

like you said, small mistakes and comm breakdowns lead to BIG plays. we've seen this throughout multiple games. so, with that said...again, wouldn't it be safe to call this D flawed by design? unless of course, you have a stellar secondary, and depth at that position. which the Bills do not.

They used some of the same things NE did to burn us. We're actually too predictable believe it or not. They know if they motion graham out and have NRC lined up across, then he's in that deep quarter of the field. So graham will go there. Not sure how you can really adjust for it unless you have NRC switch sides or something with gilmore - but at that point you may as well take him out. Not every team has the TE's to make this work either, we just happen to have played 2 of the best back to back... and we get another in a week assuming he's healthy.

We're trying to go the route of "you know what we're doing but were still going to stop you" much like Schwartz, but it isn't working at all. In the 2nd half we probably worked in some different cover 3/cover 2 combination coverages and blitzes to confuse them more.

Edited by dneveu

Unbelievable?

Seriously? Did you really think AW was going to make it the entire year based on his injury history?

Your just as naive as Whaley and Rex.

To be fair, he *was* making it through the year until a cheap (though legal) shot took him out. A shot that likely would have injured a lot of players in the league...