SHERMAN NOW THE VICTIM

I don't think "thug" is the racially motivated term in what she said (though it is true that I am unexposed to any additional inferences that word may have that relate directly to American social history) the racially motivated bit is the comparison to an animal.

I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was simply a clumsy, unthinking, use of language from someone who was in the heat of the moment dealing with the prospect of a loved one suffering serious pain and if she has since amended her tweet then I afford her that benefit. Intentional or not though, you liken an African American individual to an animal you cannot have too many complaints when people label you a racist.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think "thug" is the racially motivated term in what she said (though it is true that I am unexposed to any additional inferences that word may have that relate directly to American social history) the racially motivated bit is the comparison to an animal.

I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that it was simply a clumsy, unthinking, use of language from someone who was in the heat of the moment dealing with the prospect of a loved one suffering serious pain and if she has since amended her tweet then I afford her that benefit. Intentional or not though, you liken an African American individual to an animal you cannot have too many complaints when people label you a racist.

Yeah as a white person you have to be cognizant of it and avoid such references.

In defense of her though calling an ill behaved man an "animal" is such a common go-to for women that it seems almost like an involuntary female reaction. Women of all color do it about men of all color. Why? I think the intention is to cut deep........and perhaps it would be much more effective on another female?...... but it has little or no impact on men whatsoever. It's an utterly discounted insult.

Nine weeks deep into the season and here we are discussing the careful and precision craft of testicle removal.

GO BILLS !

And we elected trump too.

Coincidence ?

Sherman is a crafty man. I am not going to get into the psychology. But jboys was not far off. Although i do not want him on MY team.

I recently heralded his intelligence here. But even the highest intelligence quotient does not make up for an malicious bent in personality..

The best serial killers never get caught. Because they know the game better than the ones trying to catch them.

Yes, i just made that comparison Mr Sherman. Autism gone awry.

Thug does not nearly describe a carefully calculated approach to the environment he lives in. She short changed him !

Nine weeks deep into the season and here we are discussing the careful and precision craft of testicle removal.

GO BILLS !

Why not? It follows last week's discussion of a well placed device in the end-zone.

And we elected trump too.

Coincidence ?

Sherman is a crafty man. I am not going to get into the psychology. But jboys was not far off. Although i do not want him on MY team.

I recently heralded his intelligence here. But even the highest intelligence quotient does not make up for an malicious bent in personality..

The best serial killers never get caught. Because they know the game better than the ones trying to catch them.

Yes, i just made that comparison Mr Sherman. Autism gone awry.

Thug does not nearly describe a carefully calculated approach to the environment he lives in. She ( Mrs Carpenter )short changed him ! and it was very poorly spun as racist. shame on that media outlet

So she apologizes, didn't need to, and he is a prick about it??? I still do not see how racism had anything to do with this. I think HE is racist for "bringing up" racism.

If you say anything these days, someone, somewhere will find something in what you said that COULD be like 0.01% chance of being racist and then run with it. So sad.

So she apologizes, didn't need to, and he is a prick about it??? I still do not see how racism had anything to do with this. I think HE is racist for "bringing up" racism.

If you say anything these days, someone, somewhere will find something in what you said that COULD be like 0.01% chance of being racist and then run with it. So sad.

He is playing it for al it is worth. The thing he mentioned, if she said that to my Family....

Okay tough guy.

That's enough! Borderline threat by him , if we are going to play that game.

Pick a better battle than calling a black guy an animal that should be castrated as the ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN BE TWISTED argument

Pick a better battle than calling a black guy an animal that should be castrated as the ANYTHING YOU SAY CAN BE TWISTED argument

I just don't agree here and i always respect your POV.

But i think one has to reach a good bit to get there.

Why does anyone think when speaking of a farm animal (beast ) Bible) one thinks black??

this stuff amazes me. I am not religious and hardly prejudiced. I just do not get the " pick the ball up and run with it" on Ms Carpenters extreme comment. She was pissed. so what? I am too. The play was BS and filthy.

he should be fined twice for that game. damn the rules.

where is Johnny Scissor hands when i need him