Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

:lol:

Cw1tC1EXAAwfqQB.jpg

Definitely, one lesson of this election is that the Democratic Party does not need fresh blood in leadership positions, nosirree

Pelosi herself looks like she could personally use a pint or two of fresh blood...

I have been saying this all along. Everyone was convinced RayGun was going launch us into thermo nuclear war with Russia. He didn't and while we had the Lebanon massacre and Grenada, it was a pretty peaceful time for America. More so than say the Bush (either), Obama, and Clinton administrations.

Of course that doesn't mean Trump won't, but this kind of of nuclear football hysterics have been wrong in the recent past.

W was going to turn the country into a Christian theocracy and ban abortion. Obama was going to make us all Muslim. I don't remember what people thought Bill was going to do. It never turns out as bad as people predict...mostly because people are crazy.

So I predict that most immigrants aren't being deported, most gays will still be allowed to get married, most working women and blacks will still be gainfully employed, and no one's building a wall on the Mexican border. Because it's never going to turn out as bad as people predict.

W was going to turn the country into a Christian theocracy and ban abortion. Obama was going to make us all Muslim. I don't remember what people thought Bill was going to do. It never turns out as bad as people predict...mostly because people are crazy.

So I predict that most immigrants aren't being deported, most gays will still be allowed to get married, most working women and blacks will still be gainfully employed, and no one's building a wall on the Mexican border. Because it's never going to turn out as bad as people predict.

Sexually assault women he held authority over?

ACE OF SPADES: One Anecdote That Helps Explain the “Rage” Our Liberal Masters Don’t Understand:

Democrats, Trump, and the Ongoing, Dangerous Refusal to Learn the Lesson of Brexit.

“The parallels between the U.K.’s shocking approval of the Brexit referendum in June and the U.S.’ even more shocking election of Donald Trump as president last night are overwhelming.

Elites (outside of populist right-wing circles) aggressively unified across ideological lines in opposition to both.

Supporters of Brexit and Trump were continually maligned by the dominant media narrative (validly or otherwise) as primitive, stupid, racist, xenophobic, and irrational. In each case, journalists who spend all day chatting with one another on Twitter and congregating in exclusive social circles in national capitals — constantly re-affirming their own wisdom in an endless feedback loop — were certain of victory.

Afterward, the elites whose entitlement to prevail was crushed devoted their energies to blaming everyone they could find except for themselves, while doubling down on their unbridled contempt for those who defied them, steadfastly refusing to examine what drove their insubordination.

The indisputable fact is that prevailing institutions of authority in the West, for decades, have relentlessly and with complete indifference stomped on the economic welfare and social security of hundreds of millions of people. . . .

Trump vowed to destroy the system that elites love (for good reason) and the masses hate (for equally good reason), while Clinton vowed to manage it more efficiently.”

I had sort of an illuminating moment after my wife and I voted yesterday.

When we were coming out she told me that she voted for Trump because no woman in her right mind would ever want a woman to be president :lol:

Cat fight!!

No, it was more of her saying that as a woman she knows they're all nucking futs, and that she would never vote for one to lead the country.

Although a note on the potential of a cat fight: my wife actually teaches kickboxing and she would mangle Hillary.

If she had a go with Trump it would probably come off at 6/5 odds.

No, it was more of her saying that as a woman she knows they're all nucking futs, and that she would never vote for one to lead the country.

Although a note on the potential of a cat fight: my wife actually teaches kickboxing and she would mangle Hillary.

If she had a go with Trump it would probably come off at 6/5 odds.

I wish you'd said she'd wipe the floor with Hillary. So I could have responded "Like, with a cloth?"