Eric Wood has broken leg

MDH

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very pleasant surprise

There has been a vocal minority that thinks Wood is not exactly a world beater out there. Unless there's a penalty or a blatant blown coverage, I don't really know how to evaluate the position so I'm just happy to see that there was no drop off today.

There has been a vocal minority that thinks Wood is not exactly a world beater out there. Unless there's a penalty or a blatant blown coverage, I don't really know how to evaluate the position so I'm just happy to see that there was no drop off today.

He has been an up-and-down performer for sure.

Groy played well!

Yes he did; he even showed some mobility to his game that I wouldn't have guessed he had.

Although we should temper things by recognizing that the Bills were very conscientious about giving him help and keeping him out of situations where he was on his own against better players. I also thought it was really weird that the Bengals apparently made zero effort to take advantage of a a situation that was begging to be taken advantage of. They spent all day virtually ignoring both A gaps or showing any looks designed to create problems in the Bills interior OLine. :huh:

Yes he did; he even showed some mobility to his game that I wouldn't have guessed he had.

Although we should temper things by recognizing that the Bills were very conscientious about giving him help and keeping him out of situations where he was on his own against better players. I also thought it was really weird that the Bengals apparently made zero effort to take advantage of a a situation that was begging to be taken advantage of. They spent all day virtually ignoring both A gaps or showing any looks designed to create problems in the Bills interior OLine. :huh:

I got the feeling that possibly because of the short week they didn't do much gameplanning for the Bills. Looked like they just wanted to use the one they drew up last year. Except this time the Bengals didn't have AJ Green, Sanu and Marvin Jones and the Bills had Tyrod and a running game and the defense wasn't as easily confused by the Bengals motion. It was a victory but a very underwhelming effort coming off of a bye.

I got the feeling that possibly because of the short week they didn't do much gameplanning for the Bills. Looked like they just wanted to use the one they drew up last year. Except this time the Bengals didn't have AJ Green, Sanu and Marvin Jones and the Bills had Tyrod and a running game and the defense wasn't as easily confused by the Bengals motion. It was a victory but a very underwhelming effort coming off of a bye.

The whole mess looks to me like more evidence that Marvin Lewis' assistants have been carrying him for years.

Losing at home to a sloppy, beat-up, one-dimensional Bills team is a coffin nail for a mentally weak crew like the Bengals. They might just crawl in a hole at this point, but there is definitely still some potential for a really entertaining full scale meltdown at some point over the next few weeks.

Looks like 3 of their next 4 are division games; getcha popcorn ready!