gr8billsfan

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

didn't cost us the game, changed the landscape of the game completely. who knows what would have happened had that debacle not unfolded at the end of the half, but all of a sudden emotions come into play a hell of a lot more. we want to think players can shake off the last play, the last game etc, but they are no different than you and i except they have a different and more refined skill set. that botched call sent ripples that cannot be seen on paper. the game is hard enough without egregious mistakes like that hampering your progress

Because officials can negate plays. Negate the right play and you change the outcome of any close game.

Yes they can, but in the end the team that benefited from the officials' negated play is going to be remembered as the better team.

Perfect example is the Steelers and their superbowl win over the Seahawks years ago. The officiating clearly benefited Pittsburgh and if the game was called fair Seattle probably wins. Yet all anyone remembers is how great the Steelers are for winning 6 superbowls.

didn't cost us the game, changed the landscape of the game completely. who knows what would have happened had that debacle not unfolded at the end of the half, but all of a sudden emotions come into play a hell of a lot more. we want to think players can shake off the last play, the last game etc, but they are no different than you and i except they have a different and more refined skill set. that botched call sent ripples that cannot be seen on paper. the game is hard enough without egregious mistakes like that hampering your progress

so you're invoking "The Butterfly Effect"?

Same ol same ol. I don't care that there wasn't a roughing penalty. The problem was that carp nailed the 49 yarder and they took the points off the board because the refs don't know how to run a clock. Referee standing on the ball until there's 3 secs left on the play clock. Then they stand the for 10 more secs after the clock hit zero, let us kick it, then blow the whistle. Wtf was that? Officiating has been a joke for over decade and remains that.

Guy on NFL Network said something I thought was great - instead of having the coach and players have to try to explain bad reffing, make the ref go in front of the cameras and answer some questions

I absolutely agree, the refs aren't held to the same standards as the players yet they completely alter the game. They're protected like they shouldn't have to be accountable for the bad calls they make. That's why they keep happening.

I think the draw play was actually a great call. We have run them so well this year and McCoy is the perfect player to run them. Plus, Seattles defense was getting upfield and creating large running lanes (similar to the Rams). It just wasn't blocked well by Groy.

Who knows how many things would have changed throughout the 2nd half if the Bills had made the FG at the end of the 1st half. You can't just assume the score would have been exactly the same, and the Bills would have been in a position to kick the game winning FG at the end.

No. The "hot takes" are by the posters whining about the officiating over the last 16 years of sucking, and using the refs as a scapegoat over and over and over again. Not the owner, not the GM, not the coaches, not the players...it's the friggin' officials that are keeping the Bills out of the playoffs.

the refs cost the Bills THIS game. Thats the discussion at hand. Not the last 16 !@#$ing years!

Same ol same ol. I don't care that there wasn't a roughing penalty. The problem was that carp nailed the 49 yarder and they took the points off the board because the refs don't know how to run a clock. Referee standing on the ball until there's 3 secs left on the play clock. Then they stand the for 10 more secs after the clock hit zero, let us kick it, then blow the whistle. Wtf was that? Officiating has been a joke for over decade and remains that.

yup

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but why was the FG attempt blown dead for offsides? Is it different than any other play where the offense gets a "free play"? I believe Carp made the kick so shouldn't the kick have counted and the offsides been declined?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but why was the FG attempt blown dead for offsides? Is it different than any other play where the offense gets a "free play"? I believe Carp made the kick so shouldn't the kick have counted and the offsides been declined?

he didnt make the first kick, sherman dove into his knee to stop it

Let's not forget we were playing one of the best defensive teams over the last five years

Very true. However we HAD that game. Just sucks it boiled down to this.

Sherman tackling receivers in the end zone. No flag. But carry on.

You haven't heard? B word to the media and the NFL about penalty inequality and the next game you get a "get out of jail free" card... or so it seems.

The refs legitimately screwed up that game. The Bills should have been attempting an easy FG to tie the game at that point.

The NFL admitted the call at the end of the first half was wrong. What's worse is that the refs had plenty of time to correct the call, but refused. So, how are the refs held accountable? Huge fine? Susupension?

The NFL has officials watching at home that can make the correct call. Time to have head officiating decisions called from the booth.

If they fine him it's just more of a joke IMO.

Yep since it won't help the Bills in anyway. I guarantee TT gets fined more for telling the truth than Sherman does for getting away for being a lousy man.

I saw a view that he was at the edge of the pocket. But it's a separate issue from the illegal contact rule and whether he was in the pocket. You can't do what he did, anytime. Refs have to call that or they are spitting in the face of the supposed "player safety" focus.

YPP put up a image from Trappaso (I'm at work and can't link it). Looks like he was still in the pocket when the unsportsmanlike penalty occurred. Regardless one of those was a 15 yarder and a 1st down on the goal line....

Walt Coleman has had it out for the Bills for years. His crew shouldn't be allowed to officiate Bills games anymore and he should be investigated for illegal gambling.

Yes Walt Coleman is out for us, but the ref was Walt Anderson....

YPP put up a image from Trappaso (I'm at work and can't link it). Looks like he was still in the pocket when the unsportsmanlike penalty occurred. Regardless one of those was a 15 yarder and a 1st down on the goal line....

Yes Walt Coleman is out for us, but the ref was Walt Anderson....

Well then no more Walts or Walters.