Anyone Still Suckin Down the Kool-Aid

billsfan_34

I am not twisting his words. I am the one putting them in their proper context. If you want to pin Rex on someone it should be pinned where it belongs - Terry and Kim Pegula.

They got conned by a snake oil salesman with all the chat. No disgrace in that, we have all been there in some scenario or other in our lives.

I was being my usual sarcastic self. Excuse my lack of proper font./

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Pegula is conducting some independant consultation of who and what resources are available to turn the team around. Completely independant of the existing FO structure. Not a "czar", just a consultant or entity that can advise him of who and what else is available and capable of running a franchise.

He has got to be doing research outside of Brandon, Rex and Whaley on how to get this going in the right direction. If he is soley relying on that group, we are sunk.

Rex, Whaley and Tyrod will be back next year, with similar results from this year, but after that, Pegula has got to poise the team to go in a completely different direction. Pegula HAS TO put his own stamp on the team. The team as it stands is just mired in mediocrity.

We watch these other teams that have clear leadership, clear team building philosphies and it just makes the Bills all the more painful to watch. Undisciplined players, poor conditioning, lack of fire in the players, coaches and FO. Its infuriating, thats why us fans are so bitchy with each other. Because the teams lack of direction is... Its intolerable.

Every succesful business has companies conducting robust external audits and heavily leans on consults. Lets hope this is occurring.

Cant believe we are arguing about this, whatever the record is unless they go 7-1 they will not make the playoffs given the hole the have dug vs AFC. Meanwhile Whaley will get praised for the great roster he has built and those here will blame injuries. No talk whatsoever about lack of depth at he key skill positions cause "every team is like that". Lather-Rinse-Repeat. Where can I sign up for a job to enjoy the upside but have ZERO accountability for negative results?

Serious question. Ive been on this board a few years now. But where is all this self-hate coming from? Thread after thread after thread just ripping apart players, the coaches, the GM, and each other. Every year there's bickering but this year its just brutal coming on this board. Its the halfway mark and we're .500. I dont get it.

Is it the election year? Is everyone just pissed off in general?

i agree. Not a fun time waster anymore! So much bitterness. It's just football people, lighten up! Otoh if the Bills are your biggest problem (like it appears on some of these posts), you should feel quite fortunate I guess. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree. Not a fun time waster anymore! So much bitterness. It's just football people, lighten up! Otoh if the Bills are your biggest problem (like it appears on some of these posts), you should feel quite fortunate I guess.

Donno about others, but I don't find losing fun.

Donno about others, but I don't find losing fun.

I don't think anyone does. But the Bills can lose and we can still talk football on a forum without people being dead weight in the discussion reassuring everyone that your discussion is pointless because the team sucks, everything sucks, we all suck.

I don't think anyone does. But the Bills can lose and we can still talk football on a forum without people being dead weight in the discussion reassuring everyone that your discussion is pointless because the team sucks, everything sucks, we all suck.

Im not so sure about that. I think there's a small and very vocal contingent here that's just happy to have a team, good or bad.

I don't agree with that. I think everyone on here wants the Bills to win.

Every true Bills fan wants the team to win. But there is clearly a significant percentage of people that do not have winning as a requirement. Seventeen years into the great flood of mediocrity and still having a record number of season ticket holders proves that. Bills fans as a group are loyal in the extreme, perhaps to a fault.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not to be a downer but I went on record and said 5-11 at most. With the lack of receivers, the Dareus suspension/injuries, Aaron Williams out, Shady limited, and still no franchise QB this is a serious reality. I see 1 more win and that is it. Flame away but its reality when you look at the big picture.

I am not hopeful either but I see an 8-8 finish. Losses to Seattle, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Oakland, wins against Jacksonville, Cleveland, Miami and New Jersey Jets.

At the end of another mediocre non-play-off year they still won't have a championship caliber QB on their roster.

Im not so sure about that. I think there's a small and very vocal contingent here that's just happy to have a team, good or bad.

I think there are a few here that enjoy it, just so they get to play the "I told you so" card, hell, it's the whole premise of the OP. I watched this thing on 60 minutes last night, it reminded me quite of the conversations that have been happening on this board:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-american-voters-on-trump-clinton/

I think there are a few here that enjoy it, just so they get to play the "I told you so" card, hell, it's the whole premise of the OP. I watched this thing on 60 minutes last night, it reminded me quite of the conversations that have been happening on this board:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-american-voters-on-trump-clinton/

I dont take any satisfaction of I told you so. It is more of, wake up people and see this franchise for what it is.

Every true Bills fan wants the team to win. But there is clearly a significant percentage of people that do not have winning as a requirement. Seventeen years into the great flood of mediocrity and still having a record number of season ticket holders proves that. Bills fans as a group are loyal in the extreme, perhaps to a fault.

Im one of those season holders

Yes. I will be sipping it during tonight's game. If we win, I will be all-in. (until Cleveland beats us for their first and only win of the year, which will put us out of the playoffs somehow. That's just how it rolls for the Bills!)

There are posters here who hate the truth about the team and find excuses for the organizations decisions every year.

It makes no sense to me. Your a fan, you don't work for them. Call it like it is.

Well-said. Although people have different perceptions of "what is is," "is."