Anyone Still Suckin Down the Kool-Aid

billsfan_34

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly, yes. I'm mad as hell at the outcome because I think they played well enough to win and the officiating determined the outcome. But I'm encouraged, rather than discouraged, about the team based on what I saw (except for the secondary which needs to addressed in some way, scheme or otherwise).

What I'd like to see are people's initial W-L projections. Frankly, I think most had us at 4 - 5 at this point. Right?

Surprisingly, yes. I'm mad as hell at the outcome because I think they played well enough to win and the officiating determined the outcome. But I'm encouraged, rather than discouraged, about the team based on what I saw (except for the secondary which needs to addressed in some way, scheme or otherwise).

Agreed. That is probably by far the roughest road trip in the NFL (At Seattle, Monday night Football - good lord) , and the Bills looked terrific. I saw the future last night, and I liked what I saw-- a lot. Get on board people. With Watkins back, Dareus at full go and Shaq back and with 2 weeks off, look out. I can see us knocking out Cinci and going from there... 5-2 for sure and maybe 6-1

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I must have been the only person who watched the defense surrender 55 yards and 3 points in the second half.

May be you haven't seen the highlight six million times today, but Graham made some pretty insane plays for TD's early.

This notion that the defense was lousy for four quarters is patently false.

I must have been the only person who watched the defense surrender 55 yards and 3 points in the second half.

May be you haven't seen the highlight six million times today, but Graham made some pretty insane plays for TD's early.

I don't think the defense was lousy for 4 quarters. However, giving up 28 points to an avg. Seattle offense in a single half and expecting the offense to keep up against arguably the #1 defense in seattle is pretty demoralizing. Also, the Bills offense possessed the ball for over 20 minutes in the second half. The defense only made two stops in the second half that didn't result in points, not b/c they were great, but b/c they simply weren't on the field. That being said, the defense did play better in the second half overall compared to the 1st half. A game can be lost in the first half, and I feel yesterday was an example of that.

Darby blew last night and Gilmore should have made that tackle on Graham. Those instances aside, Wilson made perfect throws - not much you could do against those.

TT looked as good as I have ever seen him; I hope he can keep this up, but I am worried about the effect of losing Wood....

I don't think the defense was lousy for 4 quarters. However, giving up 28 points to an avg. Seattle offense in a single half and expecting the offense to keep up against arguably the #1 defense in seattle is pretty demoralizing. Also, the Bills offense possessed the ball for over 20 minutes in the second half. The defense only made two stops in the second half that didn't result in points, not b/c they were great, but b/c they simply weren't on the field. That being said, the defense did play better in the second half overall compared to the 1st half. A game can be lost in the first half, and I feel yesterday was an example of that.

Bolded = an entirely misleading statement. When great players make great plays, it doesn't really matter if their stats to that point were "average."

JG's two first half TD's were insane.

RW's bomb to Baldwin(?) was equally insane. He literally turned his head and chucked it...like 55 yards into the receivers bread basket, in stride.

Those three plays (essentially) accounted for 21 of their 28 points in the first half.

Average performance to that point is one thing. It's not like they marched down the field on hitch routes. They made insanely good plays.

Darby blew last night and Gilmore should have made that tackle on Graham. Those instances aside, Wilson made perfect throws - not much you could do against those.

TT looked as good as I have ever seen him; I hope he can keep this up, but I am worried about the effect of losing Wood....

Agreed on all accounts.

Edited by The Big Cat

Defense lost the game period. There are no style points cause they shut it down in the second half. Obviously they came out unprepared and adjusted at half time.

A demoralized team can quickly turn into a doormat... If we can beat Cinci, there's hope.. If not, we probably max out at 7 wins.

Define Hope cause we will need 11 wins to make the playoffs with our divisional record which means running the table.

Defense lost the game period. There are no style points cause they shut it down in the second half. Obviously they came out unprepared and adjusted at half time.

Define Hope cause we will need 11 wins to make the playoffs with our divisional record which means running the table.

Or obviously their opponent made great plays to win the game. Games can be won, too, you know.

Bolded = an entirely misleading statement. When great players make great plays, it doesn't really matter if their stats to that point were "average."

JG's two first half TD's were insane.

RW's bomb to Baldwin(?) was equally insane. He literally turned his head and chucked it...like 55 yards into the receivers bread basket, in stride.

Those three plays (essentially) accounted for 21 of their 28 points in the first half.

Average performance to that point is one thing. It's not like they marched down the field on hitch routes. They made insanely good plays.

Agreed on all accounts.

To your point about Graham, I feel that there was little any defense could do against those catches. You can probably run those plays over and over and over again, and Graham/RW may complete those catches once or twice like they did yesterday. Great players indeed make great plays. Unfortunately for us, those players decided to make a lot of great plays last night - in that regard we were unlucky to a certain extent b/c at least one of those big passes could have easily been dropped.

The defense played better in the second half, I'm not taking that away from them. Still though, I'd have to look it up, when was the last time the Seahawks have scored 28 points in a half in the last couple of seasons? I'd venture to say never.

Would love your opinion to on how to fix

john, you still owe me the differences between nickel and dime, and basically an entire conversation on defense and fixing then team from the shout box... sooo... whenever you're ready. I can let you start or I can. But I very much wonder your plan to fix this d... while you're calling others out, let's see what you know

To your point about Graham, I feel that there was little any defense could do against those catches. You can probably run those plays over and over and over again, and Graham/RW may complete those catches once or twice like they did yesterday. Great players indeed make great plays. Unfortunately for us, those players decided to make a lot of great plays last night - in that regard we were unlucky to a certain extent b/c at least one of those big passes could have easily been dropped.

The defense played better in the second half, I'm not taking that away from them. Still though, I'd have to look it up, when was the last time the Seahawks have scored 28 points in a half in the last couple of seasons? I'd venture to say never.

No, it's very rare. It's also rare that they win when giving up as many points as they did.

But I think we've identified the X factor: those two Graham plays.

Bills fans of a certain ilk will call that an excuse. Whatever, if that's what they're going to believe, there's nothing you can really say to change their mind. But the reality is that there are players paid to compete and win on the other side of the ball too. And sometimes they're just better. It doesn't mean our guys suck. It doesn't mean we lost the game. It means the opponent was better. You can play a great game and still get beat. I think we did last night.

No, it's very rare. It's also rare that they win when giving up as many points as they did.

Bills fans of a certain ilk will call that an excuse. Whatever, if that's what they're going to believe, there's nothing you can really say to change their mind. But the reality is that there are players paid to compete and win on the other side of the ball too. And sometimes they're just better. It doesn't mean our guys suck. It doesn't mean we lost the game. It means the opponent was better. You can play a great game and still get beat. I think we did last night.

Fair enough. I wouldnt qualify yesterday as a great game for the defense but i get what youre trying to say.

You nailed this.