Bills Defense - average after all the changes (corrected)

San-O

Actually the Bills' defensive ranking didn't change all that much as a result of the Pats' game. The Bills entered Week 8 as the NFL's 18th-ranked defense, allowing 360 yards per game, per Mike Rodak. So, if anything, the post was a week late. Even some Bills' defensive players are calling their squad mediocre. I don't see how anyone can honestly complain about the substance of the post. The defense is good against bad teams and bad against good teams. In other words, average or mediocre. Not top shelf as always promised by the bloated one.

How many "good teams" have we actually played?

The whole thing is a little premature wouldnt you say?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think tomorrow is going to be an ugly game. Seattle 17 Bills 12 is my prediction.

Wilson is due for his 'comeback' game. I'm envisioning 2.5 hours worth of slow mo sideline shots of his $100M smile.

"Looks like the knee is healthy now."

"Doesn't seem like that knee is giving him issue now."

"He was struggling with the knee for the past month. Well, not anymore."

Meanwhile:

"And Tyrod Taylor continues his struggles."

"The Bills offense just can't get anything going."

"This Seahawks defense is all over the field, they're not giving an inch."

I'm just going to let it wash over me.

Eyes on the bye.

Wilson is due for his 'comeback' game. I'm envisioning 2.5 hours worth of slow mo sideline shots of his $100M smile.

Meanwhile:

Eyes on the bye.

There's always next year

Meanwhile:

Eyes on the bye.

As sure as sunrise, half of Taylor's passing yards will come in the late stages of the 4th Q down multiple scores.

Meanwhile:

Eyes on the bye.

I fully understand the angst about going into Seattle on a Monday night and getting our asses handed to us. There was a lot of angst going into the Monday nighter at NE*** last season, too, and we had a shot to win that game.

There is something about this game on paper, our injuries aside, that makes me like our matchups for some reason on both sides of the LOS.

I think we have a legit chance tomorrow night.

I fully understand the angst about going into Seattle on a Monday night and getting our asses handed to us. There was a lot of angst going into the Monday nighter at NE*** last season, too, and we had a shot to win that game.

There is something about this game on paper, our injuries aside, that makes me like our matchups for some reason on both sides of the LOS.

tomorrows game is a game we need to find a way to win....if we win it....I think good things follow

The Bills have a legit chance to beat any of their remaining opponents. The problem is that they have a legit chance to get blown out in any of those games as well. You never know what Bills' team is going to show up. :unsure:

The Bills have a legit chance to beat any of their remaining opponents. The problem is that they have a legit chance to get blown out in any of those games as well. You never know what Bills' team is going to show up. :unsure:

I guess that's true. But some matchups look better than others and I think this one looks good for us on the lines of scrimmage, anyway.

They will play some good games and bad games.

They are a .500 ball club in all aspects, IMO.

and while some teams are the .500 club that is always close in games, never going on long streaks.... ive been saying since april that this team is likely to run hot and cold and have big swings on their way to .500

so far its headed that way. wouldnt be shocked to see us continue with winning 2-3 convincingly and then dropping 2-3 ugly

Edited by NoSaint

I see what's on paper, and it gives me hope.

I also see backward to a decade of prime time debacles (that weren't in the most hostile stadium in the NFL) and those hopes are crushed.

I hate to give them an excuse, but they are missing very significant key personnel.

Marcel Dareus is the biggest factor missing due to suspension and now injury, but they also didn't have #1 pick Shaq Lawson for most of the first half season and even with him back he will have to be eased in having missed all preseason and training camp.

They were counting on #2 pick Reggie Ragland to help a lot and he has missed the entire season.

Aaron Williams is their best safety and is key to setting up the secondary and communication within. When he has been out, things have been bad.

Those are some major pieces that are missing. Add in that Stephon Gilmore appears to have checked-out and looks to be playing not to get injured and you are talking about 5 major defenders who are out or not playing well at all. I think it is pretty amazing that the defense has held up at all.

Tonight's game in Seattle might be even worse with both Dareus AND his backup Corbin Bryant out.

Getting carved up by Brady (like everybody else is) run over by Ajaye, and making Fitz look like a hall of famer can have a very adverse affect on the defensive stats.

I hate to give them an excuse, but they are missing very significant key personnel.

Marcel Dareus is the biggest factor missing due to suspension and now injury, but they also didn't have #1 pick Shaq Lawson for most of the first half season and even with him back he will have to be eased in having missed all preseason and training camp.

They were counting on #2 pick Reggie Ragland to help a lot and he has missed the entire season.

Aaron Williams is their best safety and is key to setting up the secondary and communication within. When he has been out, things have been bad.

Those are some major pieces that are missing. Add in that Stephon Gilmore appears to have checked-out and looks to be playing not to get injured and you are talking about 5 major defenders who are out or not playing well at all. I think it is pretty amazing that the defense has held up at all.

Tonight's game in Seattle might be even worse with both Dareus AND his backup Corbin Bryant out.

This is their chance to pull off an unlikely upset. Seattle is not what they once were. We can match up with them in a low scoring defensive battle right now. We CAN shock them in their own back yard if the running game carries the offense.

Getting carved up by Brady (like everybody else is) run over by Ajaye, and making Fitz look like a hall of famer can have a very adverse affect on the defensive stats.

This is their chance to pull off an unlikely upset. Seattle is not what they once were. We can match up with them in a low scoring defensive battle right now. We CAN shock them in their own back yard if the running game carries the offense.

Completely different team with out a beast running back that can carry the team. Lynch was pretty exceptional.