Bills Defense - average after all the changes (corrected)

San-O

That's not what I'm referring to homie.

Pats have lost 1 game with a QB carousel.

An that is not what i am talking about. I am talking about the effect of that offense having the crap QBs, their 3 and out rate climbs. I know it was posted that NE is close to Buffalo because someone wanted to try and compare well cant be too bad we are right next to NE point without context

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make as many excuses for Rex as the people you object to make for Tyrod.

Rex has overseen defences here that are mediocre and cannot overcome any adversity despite inheriting one that was bordering on elite and did overcome adversity. You can throw as many excuses as you want at the wall. If Rex Ryan does not get this defense back on he right track between now and January the Bills will finish worse than .500 and he will be done for good as an NFL Head Coach. Simple as that.

Where is the evidence that the 2014 defense "overcame adversity?"

I just looked at all the drive charts and here are the games relative to this discussion:

vs. Minnesota, against a rookie QB and it required the offense to score a last second touchdown to win. Note: we were down 6 and Orton found Sammy in the endzone to cap a miracle drive, otherwise the game would have been a loss. Also note: we were down 6. TT has overcome ONE four+ deficit in 11 tries.

But for the sake of this argument, since it was a win, I'll give it to you:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201410190buf.htm#all_vis_drives

At home against the Chiefs. Outcome, loss. KC's two longest drives come in the second half. Follows the pattern to a 't':

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201411090buf.htm#all_vis_drives

At home against the Brian Hoyer Browns. Outcome, win...because the offense scored points and sustained drives in the second half.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201411300buf.htm#all_vis_drives

@ the 3-12 Raiders. Outcome, loss. This one speaks for itself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412210rai.htm#all_vis_drives

These were the only games that I found sustained failure on the offense's part that the defense--analogous to the 2015 and MIA'16--would have had to "overcome."

Find me others you'd like to discuss, but from what I can tell, it never happened the way you say it did, save for the last second win over the rookie-QB led Vikings.

Edited by The Big Cat

Where is the evidence that the 2014 defense "overcame adversity?"

I just looked at all the drive charts and here are the games relative to this discussion:

vs. Minnesota, against a rookie QB and it required the offense to score a last second touchdown to win. Note: we were down 6 and Orton found Sammy in the endzone to cap a miracle drive, otherwise the game would have been a loss. Also note: we were down 6. TT has overcome ONE four+ deficit in 11 tries.

But for the sake of this argument, since it was a win, I'll give it to you:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201410190buf.htm#all_vis_drives

At home against the Chiefs. Outcome, loss. KC's two longest drives come in the second half. Follows the pattern to a 't':

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201411090buf.htm#all_vis_drives

At home against the Brian Hoyer Browns. Outcome, win...because the offense scored points and sustained drives in the second half.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201411300buf.htm#all_vis_drives

@ the 3-12 Raiders. Outcome, loss. This one speaks for itself.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412210rai.htm#all_vis_drives

These were the only games that I found sustained failure on the offense's part that the defense--analogous to the 2015 and MIA'16--would have had to "overcome."

Find me others you'd like to discuss, but from what I can tell, it never happened the way you say it did, save for the last second win over the rookie-QB led Vikings.

Detroit?

Lions missed FG's (indoors) of 44, 47 and 50 yards that day.

Also, the Bills started the second half with drives of 8, 9, 9 and 7 plays.

I'm not seeing its relevance.

Bills offense spotted the Lions 7 early and the Bills defense held them to 7 all game? The Bills started the game with 4 straight 3 and outs and the Bills D only allowed 7 points and forced 1 INT?

This is what I'm talking about when I reference you picking and choosing what you look at.

Bills offense spotted the Lions 7 early and the Bills defense held them to 7 all game? The Bills started the game with 4 straight 3 and outs and the Bills D only allowed 7 points and forced 1 INT?

This is what I'm talking about when I reference you picking and choosing what you look at.

I've been unwaveringly consistent, for about nine months now. I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty understanding this.

When we admit we should have kept hold of the man responsible for that "exception".

Which man kept all the key players healthy all season? I thought we did bring him back.

You seriously just compared those injuries to what the Bills have been through over the last 24 games?

Kiko. :lol:

Okay. To Ignore with you.

In this (Rex Defense) Aaron Williams missing is more important that Dareus, Gilmore and Kiko (LOL) combined

We've lost AW and Dareus this year, only.

And the loss of Aaron Williams urts a Rex Defense more than any player listed in your 2014 list

In this (Rex Defense) Aaron Williams missing is more important that Dareus, Gilmore and Kiko (LOL) combined

And the loss of Aaron Williams urts a Rex Defense more than any player listed in your 2014 list

Sounds like a really dumb idea to run a system predicated on an above average safety whose head has been in danger of falling off for two years then, isn't it?

I don't see the offense running a system based on Goodwin staying healthy.

Edited by jmc12290

Sounds like a really dumb idea to run a system predicated on an above average safety whose head has been in danger of falling off for two years then, isn't it?

Ummm was it falling off (as.you say) when Rex was hired.

Let me make this easy this team is no where different right now.with Jim Schwartz t DC or HC. There

But no, for real, Gilmore and Dareus missing a combined 3 starts crippled us in 2014.

Just like AW and KW missing a combined 23 starts in 2015. Seriously. It was the same.

But no, for real, Gilmore and Dareus missing a combined 3 starts crippled us in 2014.

Just like AW and KW missing a combined 23 starts in 2015. Seriously. It was the same.

Thanks I knew the number couldnt have been high, because i remember all the talk all over was how healthy we were in 2014

I just.didnt want.to look it up

Edited by MAJBobby

Our rising star LB missed 16 games, but because we didn't have a hack at DC, he gets no credit. Our starting CB missed half the season, but again, not a hack at DC, no credit.

Edited by jmc12290

Our rising star LB missed 16 games, but because we didn't have a hack at DC, he gets no credit. Our starting CB missed half the season, but again, not a hack at DC, no credit.

Then by that insane logic we should have been !@#$ed in 2015 without them too.

Since Leo missed 11 starts that year too.

You're embarrassing yourself. Hopefully someday you'll learn to recognize that.