Frank Reich for head coach please

I'm sure I missed it- I don't care. Frank Reich

- Bills Legacy

- back up QBs seem to make nice coaches

- Reich has been moving up the chain at a nice clip

Look I know we are stuck with the windbag in all Likelihood for years more- Until it's clear continuity isn't the problem becasuse it just continues Mediocrity.

Just wish someone sees that slam dunk just sitting there in time to make it happen.

Jim Harbaugh 20 mil

ugh. Just because Elway is a good GM doesn't mean Reich is the answer for our HC. Or any former player for that matter. Yes, former players all over the league are coaches and GMs. It happens. They are almost always former players. Just depends on the teams they get hired.

Id rather not be the team to get all nostalgic about their beloved player from back in the glory years.

Marv Levy was a great GM btw.

He drafted Kyle, that makes him second best ever B-)

ugh. Just because Elway is a good GM doesn't mean Reich is the answer for our HC. Or any former player for that matter. Yes, former players all over the league are coaches and GMs. It happens. They are almost always former players. Just depends on the teams they get hired.

Id rather not be the team to get all nostalgic about their beloved player from back in the glory years.

Do you know who Denver's Superbowl winning coach is? Gary Kubiak, the ex backup QB to John Elway. Ugh!!

Yes but Kubiak was a HC prior to Denver and got fired as wasn't very good, think he also was an OC?? Then comes to Denver, has a great roster and wins. That's a bit different than a guy who don't think he's ever been an actual OC or at least been in charge of offense. From what I recall there were also a lot of people in San Diego more than happy to see him leave.

Dallas, seems every season they are ready to fire him.

At this point, twenty years removed, is he any more passionate than the next guy about winning. And if you really get down to it, I really doubt you'd find a coach more passionate about winning than Rex. So if your main argument for bringing in an ex player is passion, how's that working out for you?

I know right.. just ask Denver

Edit: or Dallas

Also - I'm the last for nostalgia. But I think the number one asset for these guys is they are passionate about their team winning not just because of their own ego.

Wow it is hard to debate something when you are missing the point. Marv was lousey, and I'm not talking john Elway at all.

Look up Denver's head coach sometime. Then look up phillys head coach and after that let me know if you find the Dallas Head coaches playing history.

Reich isn't a former billls legend. He was a career back up with one memorable game. He's also had successful business start ups, was around football his whole life, and acts as a motivational speaker. He's moved up quickly in the coaching ranks.

Long tenured Back ups tend to and tended to stick around if they had effective game prep and in game support. Usually they were less talented but had a solid football mind, excepting developmental projects which he was not.

He's probably going to be a head coach somewhere, and maybe even a good one. Add the buffalo connection and the he'd probably take winning here personally makes him an interesting candidate.

I want a coach that is easy to root for and you know is working as hard or harder than the opponent. I don't give a flying ph*ck about entertaining press conferences.

Yes but Kubiak was a HC prior to Denver and got fired as wasn't very good, think he also was an OC?? Then comes to Denver, has a great roster and wins. That's a bit different than a guy who don't think he's ever been an actual OC or at least been in charge of offense. From what I recall there were also a lot of people in San Diego more than happy to see him leave.

Dallas, seems every season they are ready to fire him.

At this point, twenty years removed, is he any more passionate than the next guy about winning. And if you really get down to it, I really doubt you'd find a coach more passionate about winning than Rex. So if your main argument for bringing in an ex player is passion, how's that working out for you?

Rex is passionate about talking about winning.

Main argument is expounded above- and it works just fine.

You all arguing with me are getting WAY too worked up over this. Just because I didn't mention certain coaches and teams they played for, etc...

Apparently you didn't read my post very well when I said I know the entire league is full of ex players. It's why the NFL is.

I just don't believe bringing back a former buffalo LEGEND!!! To be our coach because it makes us feel all good inside.

And yes. He is a legend. He's in the NFL hall of fame for orchestrating the greatest comeback in the game. In fact they call it "THE COMEBACK". That makes him a legend. Until they remove him from their record books he will always be.

But that's besides the point. The point is he's a well known player from an era that we all wish would come back. While we're at it why don't we hire Kelly to be our QB coach. Thomas to be our RB coach. Brice to be our DL coach. Hull to be our OL coach. Reed to be our WR coach. Tasker for our STs coach. And we'll bring back Carl Mauck cause why not. He's awesome.

And yes, I know Hull is dead.

Except it doesn't sound like he's all that great of a coach. If he's so good, why isn't he calling the plays. Maybe all your points about him being a motivational speaker works great for him to be a QB coach as he's great at patting the guy on the back to get him through it when the HC or OS are screaming at him. But that doesn't work when you're the HC

One thing I do recall about him when he was with the Bills was his weekly Saturday night "meal" with Kelly, a vanilla milkshake and that seems to sum him up pretty well.

Nothing against the guy, but would rather stick with Rex than him. If we want a new coach, I think we can do much better than him.

Rex is passionate about talking about winning.

Main argument is expounded above- and it works just fine.