Jeeze How unlucky are we to miss out on Prescott

Yeezus

The one QB the bills wanted to sign and missed only by a few picks

Already looks better than any QB we have had since Kelly. Whaley really liked Dak and I wish he maybe moved up a few to take him.

Now we are stuck with a QB who we all know can't win games when we need him too.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if a phenomenal offensive line and running game make him look better than he'd be otherwise..?

None of those 2 have anything to do with him throwing the ball with great accuracy and knowing how to properly read a defense

None of those 2 have anything to do with him throwing the ball with great accuracy and knowing how to properly read a defense

Sure they don't in a passing drill, or film study room, but they sure as hell do in this game called football which he is playing

No they dont but shhh certain people around here dont want to hear that

Shhhhhh is correct

Well Whaley had 3 chances to draft the guy "he really liked". So he must've not "really liked" him enough.

I've been banging the drum for the Bills to draft 2 QB's every draft because it's so painfully obvious you're absolutely no where as a franchise without a QB that can sling the ball all over the field, something the Bills haven't had for 20 years.

Doug Whaley's philosophy has been much different. He's a run and stop the run type of guy. You saw what that philosophy looks like when you go against teams that have decided they are going to dominate you with offense, particularly the passing game...... and beat you on Sundays. The Bills still are trying to swim upstream with their backwards philosophies and until those philosophies properly match with what wins in this league (passing) this team will continue to waste away in no mans land.

No they dont but shhh certain people around here dont want to hear that

It helps that his HC, OC & QB Coach are ALL former QBs. It helps that he has the best OLine in the NFL. It helps having Witten at TE & Dez.

If he were on the Bills he'd be very similar with other rookies who have come into the league.

Maybe they should actually decide to pull a trigger.

Their own fault for liking him and waiting until a compensatory pick.

Flawed right there you like the QB you take him.

Agreed. Why play around and think you can get the guy in the next round? Maybe not as extreme but kind of like when Greggo loved Drew Brees, but decided to wait until round two because they just couldn't pass up on Nate Clements. The QB is always most important so you take him when you can get him. There have been plenty of QBs this team could have drafted but took less important positions instead. Flacco, Dalton, Brees, Prescott , D. Carr et al. The Bills biggest problem has been not drafting QBs. That's been well documented.

It helps that his HC, OC & QB Coach are ALL former QBs. It helps that he has the best OLine in the NFL. It helps having Witten at TE & Dez.

If he were on the Bills he'd be very similar with other rookies who have come into the league.

Hasnt played with Dez much this season, so there goes that. Also doesnt go to Witten alot either.

What he does do is throw with anctipation to windows on time with proper ball placement so Cole Beasley can keep running

I don't buy that at all. I think most guys pretty much are who they are. It's like people who say Big Ben wouldn't have been good if the Bills trade up to draft him had gone through. Accuracy and playmaking ability generally don't improve that much. Talent is talent and it lifts up those around them. Clay would look much better with Prescott at the helm and so would pretty much any WR the Bills put out there. The Pats are just fortunate for drafting TB late. They didn't make him what he is. He made the Pats.

I hate to give life to this stupid thread, but are you guys saying you think Prescott wouldbhave won this game today? Everything being the same? Just with Prescott back there?

If he had been starting here since opening day, it's possible. Probably not, because it is Brady after all. It would have been much closer, and the passing game wouldn't look remedial.

The one QB the bills wanted to sign and missed only by a few picks

Already looks better than any QB we have had since Kelly. Whaley really liked Dak and I wish he maybe moved up a few to take him.

Now we are stuck with a QB who we all know can't win games when we need him too.

I'm afraid this teams problems run much deeper than QB play.

Maybe they should actually decide to pull a trigger.

Their own fault for liking him and waiting until a compensatory pick.

Flawed right there you like the QB you take him.

No, we needed to give that pick away to move up for an ILB who was going to be available anyway. I did (and still do) love the Cardale pick, though. Edited by mannc